Soccerman’s China Rapid Unit Imminent Spam + Eco. (CRUISE)

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Typical Build order:
Six vil start, typically 300 wood, 200 food.

3- hunts immediately, 3 – food crates. Once 100 food is collected by the three vils, queue 1 vill, move two from food crates to go herd. Other vil collects all remaining wood crates, build a village (don’t forget to put your goat on village) AND a market. Get a 25 wood treasure & a 25 gold treasure and research your first food gathering tech, this is usually very easy to do. All villagers spawn to food. First card - 300 food. Age with around 13 villagers. Move 4 villagers to build wonder (Summer Palace) and all but 2-3 vils to wood and send 2 vils forward to the forward base. You should hit colonial between 4:10 – 4:20. Practice until you can do this. Move 4-5 vils to food from wood and the dudes building the wonder split 2 food – 2 wood once it's complete. Set the wonder spawn point to the FB and you get a free army every 151 seconds. Collect the food crates (400). Second card is 700 wood. With 700 wood, plus wood chopped build a war academy, village, consulate (Set to British) and spawn an old-han, you should also have enough wood left over for second food market upgrade.

Third and fourth cards are military shipments either Quiang, CKN, or Steppe to the FB depending on the other team's rush and your partners units usually. From here, I usually spawn 3-4 vils to gold from TC to get the remaining market upgrades (after that: once I have 300 gold I ship 700 gold and go to Fortress), otherwise after the 3-4 villagers have gone to gole, then I alternate to food and wood after that. This gives a good mix of Old Han from war academy and Standard Army from Summer Palace. This gives you a good mix of three unit types, light inf, pikes, and cav essential to a team game. Split the cav from the first spawned standard army and raid/explore. You usually have to explore because of your monk getting treasures. If you don’t have 32 – 38 military units minimum by 7:00 – 7:15 you’ve done something wrong. At around 10 mins you can send 6 Redcoats to your army for some nice reinforcements.

Tips –
1. Use the Shaolin Monk to gather treasures. This guy is OP and can get some great treasures easily. Use this guy in battles as well as he creates a nice meat-shield.
2. If you are on a heavy TP map, consider shipping trade empire first instead of 300 food, and during age-up build another TP and delay building the consulate with the 700 wood. This will slow your Age II time by about 45 seconds, but you will make up for it in units shipped around the 6:30 mark. If you’re on Deccan you can build 2 more TP’s and the consulate immediately. This fuels a very nice unit spam from XP.
3. 200 wood and 100 gold for a castle at the FB is not that expensive.
4. Never underestimate cover mode. If he has ranged infantry, send in your qiang in cover mode as a meatshield and use your CKN to do the damage (stole this from last bullet Nav’s guide. Used effectively, this works very, very well)

Necessary cards:
Age I:
300 food

Age II:
600 & 700 wood
700 gold (purely for when you need to go to fortress)
8 CKN
9 Pikes
7 Steppe
Mandarin Duck Squad (Flamethrower and 8 CKN for 500 food)

Age III:
CKN upgrade (repelling volley)
Team 4 hand mortars
Team Manchu (for 1000 gold)

Age IV:
Western Reforms

Recommended cards:
Age I:
Trade Empire
Northern Refugees

Age II:
Standard Army Hitpoints
Mongolian Scourge
Banner school
10 Rattan shields (for 500 gold)

Age III:
Beiyang Army for 1000 food (an under-rated card, IMO)
Confusious’ gift (I love this card, instant tech research)

Possible useful cards:
Team scout cavalry (large maps or maps w/cows) Age I
Old Han Reforms Age IV

My first strat ever written so be gentle. I don't have any rec's with this yet, but I'm on a 7-game win streak with it at the 2nd lt - Capt level.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Soccerman’s China Rapid Unit Imminent Spam + Eco. (CRUIS

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

looks like a solid strat
I don't like the 300 food as chinese, but it does speed up the aging

good job, try to get a rec ;)
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]looks like a solid strat
I don't like the 300 food as chinese, but it does speed up the aging

good job, try to get a rec ;)[/quote]

I don't like it either, but it's the only way I've been able to get a sub-5:00 age time. Main reason I asked you and Joe in that mysterious TC disappearing 4v4 we played yesterday...
jtackel@hotmail.com

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

Ha, so it was you who h4xx3d my TC :p

that was so wierd, POEF, TC gone.
I saw some cav raids but couldn't find my TC to hide in :D
As far as I know, you have to click a confirmation if you delete your TC, right?
scoop10
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Soccerman’s China Rapid Unit Imminent Spam + Eco. (CRU

Post by scoop10 »

Gj on the strat soccer :)

ive been wanting to try another civ had a cople of games with ottos but i pld them in vanilla so i might give this a go

a rec would be nice
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""scoop10""]Gj on the strat soccer :)

ive been wanting to try another civ had a cople of games with ottos but i pld them in vanilla so i might give this a go

a rec would be nice[/quote]

Thanks. I'll work on getting a rec. At least I post a BO, unlike some guy named Tatl that said he had a new strat about 3 years ago and hasn't posted it yet.. ::/

By the way, I enjoyed those games this weekend w/you. I don't fancy 1v1's very often so it was a nice change of pace. Besides, I haven't played Ports or Ottos in a long time. I think your biggest problem (from watching the rec on the Otto mirror) is spending res. & being aggressive. You had res. for Jans and houses and didn't build any. Got housed bad and lost vils due to it. If you scout and see I'm camping at my base, 10 jans and 5 abus at 6 mins (hell, even 6:30 - 7:00) probably woulda won you the game right there. You had the wood for a rax and foundry + houses and saw I was committing to a fish-boom FF.
jtackel@hotmail.com

Tatltael
Major
Major

Post by Tatltael »

when i play china i always gather 100 wood to allow for two villages &then send that villager card thing for 3 villies. you'll age around ~4:50 but you can spam spam units :D
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

This is roughly the B.O. my old 2v2 partner Kingkon used to use for a killer Chinese rush. He always sent 300 food in colonial for the quick age-up, then 700 wood for a forward rax and--most importantly--a village next to it that can accept those OP Chinese military shipments. The Age 2 Chinese military cards are a serious civ advantage. Along with 2 Old Han trained, they can overwhelm most opponents pretty handedly. But as Soccer says, you need to age up FAST (before 4:20), and practice makes perfect :D

If you go all-out with this strat, you can win games without micro: Just send in 14 Qiang supported by 10 or so CKN, Steppe and a flamethrower and they will be lucky to even get MM out in time. AKA, the "Chinese Human Wave Attack."

BTW: Soccer, I noticed you use the trade empire card quite often. Could you (or someone else) tell me again what that does? Is it basically an Asian ATP?

AFTERTHOUGHT: Just so you know, the Chinese rush can easily overrun slow age-up civs like my Germans. Often my 9 xbow shipment walks into a mass of pikes and gets cut down before next 5 can train. Sure, xbows beat pikes, but have you tried beating 14 of them (they have 5 speed to xbow's 4) while those nasty CKNs and Steppes are harping at you?? Send 5 uhlans--- Qiang-fest :(
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Nighthawk22
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Nighthawk22 »

looks like a great strat, ill have to use it soon ;)
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

Looks good, soccer. A little more my speed than Nav's OP super-fast rush. I was never quite perfect enough to pull it off, I'll have to give this one a go.
:D
luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by luukje »

How good are china compared to the real top civs Japan and India?
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

I think China is the least explored civ (strat-wise)
even previous patch, when China was OP, only 1 or 2 strats were played

there are still lot's of possibilities to test imo
ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ruminator »

Kaiser - trade empire gives you a TP rickshaw and makes future TPs about 50 wood cheaper if I remember rightly. So, providing you intend to make a number of future TPs it is worth it, otherwise I wonder if 300 wood is a better choice?
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

also adds some HP and you don't waste VS to pick up the 300 w
since it auto-builds, you can use your explorer's for other duties
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Trade empire is useful for a lot of things on TP heavy maps. It makes them stronger and cheaper, but no attack. I like the no-attack b/c it doesn't alarm an opponent walking near by and therefore reveal a strat.

I plan on comming up with another couple of strats with them and making them used more often. I know they aren't OP anymore so I don't have to worry about that.
jtackel@hotmail.com