Soccerman’s China Rapid Unit Imminent Spam + Eco. (CRUISE)

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Soccerman’s China Rapid Unit Imminent Spam + Eco. (CRUIS

Post by joe4holly »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]Ha, so it was you who h4xx3d my TC :p

that was so wierd, POEF, TC gone.
I saw some cav raids but couldn't find my TC to hide in :D
As far as I know, you have to click a confirmation if you delete your TC, right?[/quote]

I should still have the video of the game if you want to see it ?
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""joe4holly""][quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]Ha, so it was you who h4xx3d my TC :p

that was so wierd, POEF, TC gone.
I saw some cav raids but couldn't find my TC to hide in :D
As far as I know, you have to click a confirmation if you delete your TC, right?[/quote]

I should still have the video of the game if you want to see it ?[/quote]

i doubt we will see anything special on it, doesn't really matter tbh
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: Soccerman’s China Rapid Unit Imminent Spam + Eco. (CRU

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

As far as Chinese strats go, the rush is best I think. The patch eliminated the disciple FF, which was unfairly OP (though I admit I used to LOVE those hand mortars :twisted: ). You can use those Age 2 military shipments to such a strong advantage early game. Later game, China is trickier because you can't spam a single unit. I find that to be problematic because you have to spend quite a few resources for banner armies that may not fully address the threat you are facing. And their cav is horrible in colonial. With only 150 HP, Steppe are weaker than uhlans, but with less than half the attack (granted, they do 30 damage to LI). Pikes can whistle at them and they die. I find that China is vulnerable to a straight LI spam once the shipment danger is passed. So the key is to leverage those shipments.

Very late game they get strong again with those military boost cards like Manchu combat, Western Reforms and Old Han reforms. I have seen some OP recs of China just rolling over people in Age 4 (usually big team games).
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

The great thing about late-game china is, gulp, their eco and pop space. The military upgrades are just the icing on the cake.

If you play your cards right you can have 100 vils, 1 factory from Russian consulate, the porcelain tower (two-factory equiv), plus wood, food, & gold trickle from the German consulate. Add that to a 120 pop spammable military is just deadly. Throw in 15-20 hand mortars w/a mix of swords/arque's and meteor hammers is very powerful.

I've actually done an FI with China in one game and reached industrial at 13:15. Very risky, but quite effective if pulled off.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Good point about the econ and pop space. I remember doing a comp game when I had 259/220 pop by adding in a German consulate army (3 heavy cannon and needle guns, I think) when I had 219 already queued. OP!!!

The Russian factory, fort and quick villie train also make China a formidable booming power.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

China is balanced atm. Some hard matchups (all natives, I think) but it's overall ok.
RussianNoobster
Private
Private

Post by RussianNoobster »

China is also one of the best NR civs due to there op livestock boom and trickles and 120 vills. They got nice walls and a very strong army. They are up there with france, japs, and russians.
Tatltael
Major
Major

Post by Tatltael »

imo china is definitely op.. they pull out units from thin air while their market picks up their eco quicker than the qiangs grab their pikes.. ever try raiding a clever china player? isnt going to happen; villages! when youre finished not being able to take a cut out of chinas eco and while their army grows to a massive size, theyll eventually hit industrial & thats when old han reforms ftw