Ask-A-BO !

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Ask-A-BO !

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""Tubruk""][quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]bump, this was an interesting topic. Perhaps other BOs could be asked?[/quote]

Hmmm...
Whats The Japanese Shrine Boom Build Order :P[/quote]

IMO, don't play Japan. You won't learn anything about how to get good at the game.

[quote=""Tubruk""]on a more serious and less lame note, i've read about a Russian FF thats supposed to be strong, anyone know the BO? or atleast what im talking about?[/quote]

The "best" Russian FF is to fake a hard rush and then pop into age III when he least expects it. You also need some help with the starting crates. It's risky and I wouldn't try it too often. Here's how I do it:

Don't send a shipment in age 1. Age w/14 vils and send all but 5 vils to wood once you hit the age button. Send 3 vils forward to build a bh (preferably near his 2nd hunt) once you have 250 wood and then split them for food/gold to get 300 gold. Once you have 300 gold, all to food. Age w/400 wood poly. 500 food may be better in some cases, but most of the time not. 1st card in age II is 700 gold, immediately followed by 5 cossacks. Sometimes you need to reverse this, again as drew says: adapt. The 5 hussars are to keep your opponent harrassed and in his TC. Anything to keep him from building an army. Don't build any military in once you get to age II. You can usually hit the FF button pretty quick and you're on your way.

Why 400 wood you ask? 2 houses and a stables. Now set your vils for your eco and you can pretty much spam cossacks/opricks and musks w/2 cannons from shipments and it's pretty difficult to beat..don't put up a market until you are well into age III unless you find an OP treasure. Then the Great Coat can be useful. GL HF.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

[quote=""Tubruk""][quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]bump, this was an interesting topic. Perhaps other BOs could be asked?[/quote]

Hmmm...

I'm not good at rushes and I'm not good at rushing with japan but I'm pretty good with them in 40min treaties. When I do a treaty i try to get all 20 shrines as fast as I can. To do this I set all my shrines to generate wood, and I drop my monks back to make the shrines. Also I have some villies on wood. So I would guess a rush with the shrine boom would be similar except that there may be a shrine shipment added.

Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

[quote=""Soccerman771""][quote=""Tubruk""][quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]bump, this was an interesting topic. Perhaps other BOs could be asked?[/quote]

Hmmm...

IMO, don't play Japan. You won't learn anything about how to get good at the game.

[quote=""Tubruk""]on a more serious and less lame note, i've read about a Russian FF thats supposed to be strong, anyone know the BO? or atleast what im talking about?[/quote]

The "best" Russian FF is to fake a hard rush and then pop into age III when he least expects it. You also need some help with the starting crates. It's risky and I wouldn't try it too often. Here's how I do it:

Don't send a shipment in age 1. Age w/14 vils and send all but 5 vils to wood once you hit the age button. Send 3 vils forward to build a bh (preferably near his 2nd hunt) once you have 250 wood and then split them for food/gold to get 300 gold. Once you have 300 gold, all to food. Age w/400 wood poly. 500 food may be better in some cases, but most of the time not. 1st card in age II is 700 gold, immediately followed by 5 cossacks. Sometimes you need to reverse this, again as drew says: adapt. The 5 hussars are to keep your opponent harrassed and in his TC. Anything to keep him from building an army. Don't build any military in once you get to age II. You can usually hit the FF button pretty quick and you're on your way.

Why 400 wood you ask? 2 houses and a stables. Now set your vils for your eco and you can pretty much spam cossacks/opricks and musks w/2 cannons from shipments and it's pretty difficult to beat..don't put up a market until you are well into age III unless you find an OP treasure. Then the Great Coat can be useful. GL HF.[/quote]

ty soccerman, i was joking about japan though :D
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

Kalmuck FF roxx 8)
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

OK. I have a scheduled Thanksgiving matchup coming up. I'm leaning toward taking an Ottoman HC. If I use an Otto HC, it'll be at level 40.

The map will be Plymouth, so there will be water. (And both PC's/network connections should be able to handle any water battles).

How about a nice defensive boom build order for Otto? The person I will be playing is not a rusher, so I shouldn't have to worry too much early on.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

plymouth? is that that one weird map with the starting pelgrims and a turkey-scout?
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
LoN_Colossus
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by LoN_Colossus »

Yeah, but the Turkeys work for Thanksgiving right? :-P
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""RascalJones""]OK. I have a scheduled Thanksgiving matchup coming up. I'm leaning toward taking an Ottoman HC. If I use an Otto HC, it'll be at level 40.

The map will be Plymouth, so there will be water. (And both PC's/network connections should be able to handle any water battles).

How about a nice defensive boom build order for Otto? The person I will be playing is not a rusher, so I shouldn't have to worry too much early on.[/quote]

I've gotta wonder why you wouldn't rush him if he's not a rusher. A straight jan rush should work with the 3 hussar shipment + abus later.

Would go:
3 Vills
Transtion 3 on gold, rest on food
Age w/ 400 wood for rax + 2 houses
5 Jannies
700 Food for more jannie spam
3 Hussar, don't let them uselessly die

If you haven't won yet.
700 wood for artillery foundation, 2 houses, 1 church, 1 market
Switch to 3 on food, rest on gold.
Send 700 gold.

It would work kinda like that. Start harrassing, attacking, houses, etc, with 5 jans + explorer. It will have him saying GG no RE.
ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ruminator »

If you really want a non-rush Otto BO then I would go for a ff. Take 200 gold poli - first card 700 gold - take hussars poli on aging to fortress - go raid with them!

First card in fortress is 1000 wood - get 3 t/cs up and boom to 100 settlers in no time at all! You can either then use resources for massing an army or go straight to age 4 for factories and bombards!

With 3 t/cs you don't need fishing boats - just build military ships to keep them off the water.

This is only where you can effectively feel safe for 10 minutes in a game - and not one I would normally use.
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace
cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Post by cleeduz »

Sioux Rush BO please

I would like to start playing Sioux and couldn't find any recent strats (with the newest patch)

Can someone provide a Rush BO or Semi-FF? I know the Sioux have gone through some changes in the last few patches, what should I do with the Sioux?
"Nature doesn't like Agra forts." - Sporting Lisbon

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. - Ben Franklin
ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ruminator »

Age to Colonial, drop a stables, send 4 AR and start building BR or AR from the stables. When you have them penned in from your raiding all over the map go to fortress and continue the cav spam.

BR are for if they go HI as they can hit and run them to death and then leave the RI open for your AR. Try to keep them alive - better to retreat and come back later. You can always get a healer from the firepit and send back wounded horses for healing!

I have to admit I have never had any luck with a cetan/club build at all!
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace