Ottomans on Water Maps

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Ottomans on Water Maps

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""][quote=""Soccerman771""]As Russian, the hardest thing I usually face is actually a FF (yeah, it still exists) with Spahi, Mam's, Abus, and cannons...wipes Russia off the map..schooners or not.[/quote]

You are so right. This was the strat that beat my Russia every time. I sometimes would win by sending Manchu, but most of the time I watched spahi devour my pitiful strelets and/or muskets in less then 2 seconds. And who the heck FFs with Russia?? Otto FF v. Russia is virtually a guaranteed win for Otto.[/quote]

how about you FF yourself for guard goons and highlanders? it will BBQ the otto FF :)
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

That doesn't sound like a bad idea, Chaos. Of course very few Ottos will ever leave the Russians unharassed enough to pull off a seamless FF, and even then you need a card AND 1000 wood to get kalmucks, and gathering that much wood takes a while.

Immediate pressure with 14-vil econ works, too, but with his quicker age-up time he normally will have a decent force to meet you if he's in colonial mode. Jans hold off cossacks and with 235 HP each you need a pretty big strel mass to knock em down. It works much better if he goes straight FF... I suppose it's all about scouting what he's up to. The bottom line is that Otto is a hard match for Russia.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

you can easily get the kalmucks out sub 8 min on a TP map AND have a shipment ready in III. Don't forget that oprichniks are a nightmare for otto.
Otto can't harrass you and do a fast FF for spahi at the same time.
If they do harass it will be with jans which u counter with 13 strelets cards.
I think I'm rather russia than otto in this match-up.
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]you can easily get the kalmucks out sub 8 min on a TP map AND have a shipment ready in III. Don't forget that oprichniks are a nightmare for otto.
Otto can't harrass you and do a fast FF for spahi at the same time.
If they do harass it will be with jans which u counter with 13 strelets cards.
I think I'm rather russia than otto in this match-up.[/quote]

Wow, nice points. It's been a while since I've played Russia seriously, so I'm just drawing from my previous experiences against Otto, which were not good. I almost never did FF with them. If I could be CERTAIN the Ottos were spahi-FFing, I will definitely try the Kalmuck TP surprise! That must really surprise them when they think you will just be throwing strels at them. :-P
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
retribution1423
Conscript
Conscript

Post by retribution1423 »

im not even near your level but ive got a pritty good kalmuck ff which kiks ottos ff in the arse if done right if your interested in the bo?

also do you guys have a bo for the otto schonner boom? in new here as you can tell lol! :D
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Schooner boom BO:

1st card schooners, 400w poli, make dock as soon as you picked poli, ship 700w as 2nd card, get another dock, spam fishing boats. From now on you do what you want :) Jan spam with some hussars is nice
retribution1423
Conscript
Conscript

Post by retribution1423 »

alright nice!
LoN_Colossus
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by LoN_Colossus »

I do a slight change to SL's schooner boom, I make the dock as the 1st building. Gets the exp for Schooners a bit faster etc, blah blah :-P