Aztec swashbuckle

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Sun_Tzu1
Major
Major

Aztec swashbuckle

Post by Sun_Tzu1 »

Anyone playing the age 1 warchief shipment (+50% attack/hp) and aging with the swashbuckler shipment to age 2?

Here's what I'm finding at the moment. When you hit age 2 it's quite handy because you can use it to take out big treasures (if there are any). Basically, engage a guardian, have the melee guardians come to you, then swashbuckle them... and they all die in one hit (with few exceptions). I think the swashbuckler does 3 x 135pt damage = 405 to guardians.

In terms of hitting units, a 135pt swashbuckler attack is good too. Great for taking out Skirms, Pikes, etc. - preferably units with low hps and RR.

I found having a strong WC means you can take him into enemy territory and scout around more safely. If you run into their army, and there's skirms, etc. You can sacrifice him to get a swashbuckle on their light infantry and then resurrect him.

Obviously, it's great to have a strong WC. Only concern is if they rush you early. So, would prob recommend considering this mainly on a map with good treasures against a non-rush civ.

Btw, I notice Iroq have a ranged swashbuckler attack from the start. Any iroq players use it alot? Seems like the Aztec politican one, but, I don't think it works as well on guardians, and, I assume RR is taken off the damage? Is that right?
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Aztec swashbuckle

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

i dont think its worth it, better have your warchief in standground mode behind your army collecting the massive xp flow, instead on the frontline.

iro's eagle-eye-shot is great, but now it got nerfed it's balanced and doesnt really imact the game much in age II
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Iro's shot is still very good, just not ridiculous.
Sun_Tzu1
Major
Major

Post by Sun_Tzu1 »

Just played a Japanese sargent. Swashbuckled (only) 2 of his Yumi early age 2 and killed them both. He then spent the rest of the game calling me a cheater. He wouldn't even tell me what I'd done to make him think I cheated. He just started getting abusive.

Anyways, I told him to go watch the replay.

Sigh.
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

Having a powerful warchief is nice but i like to advance with the skull knights. That way i can make coyote runners to take out the light infantry and the skull knights can take out the non skirmishers. Also The aztec war chief could get a nice little army if u convert weaker treasure guardians then slowly work ur way up. It may take a while but it is nice to have a little extra units if they do nothing else but slow down the enemy army :D

Macabee
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Macabee »

[quote=""Sun_Tzu1""]Anyone playing the age 1 warchief shipment (+50% attack/hp) and aging with the swashbuckler shipment to age 2?

Here's what I'm finding at the moment. When you hit age 2 it's quite handy because you can use it to take out big treasures (if there are any). Basically, engage a guardian, have the melee guardians come to you, then swashbuckle them... and they all die in one hit (with few exceptions). I think the swashbuckler does 3 x 135pt damage = 405 to guardians.

In terms of hitting units, a 135pt swashbuckler attack is good too. Great for taking out Skirms, Pikes, etc. - preferably units with low hps and RR.

I found having a strong WC means you can take him into enemy territory and scout around more safely. If you run into their army, and there's skirms, etc. You can sacrifice him to get a swashbuckle on their light infantry and then resurrect him.

Obviously, it's great to have a strong WC. Only concern is if they rush you early. So, would prob recommend considering this mainly on a map with good treasures against a non-rush civ.[/quote]

I'm thinking there might be something to this, with or without the age 1 card ... depending.

Mac
Sun_Tzu1
Major
Major

Post by Sun_Tzu1 »

Just been seeing how the Aztec swashbuckler works vs. a computer.

Two things:

(1) I tried the swashbuckler attack (with area effect) vs. 3 Polar Bears and it seemed to do a different amount of damage to each. Anyone know why?

(2) I tried using the swashbuckler attack in defend mode. It seemed to do less damage but more than half? Again, anyone know that works too?
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

(1) It varies with the distance to the chief. The one you targeted will get the most damage and the others will vary, kinda like the sioux chief or indian eles.
Sun_Tzu1
Major
Major

Post by Sun_Tzu1 »

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks Sporting.