Calling all Spanish players.

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

BenS64
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Calling all Spanish players.

Post by BenS64 »

[quote=""Tatltael""]hehehe. ill post it soon, i just need to get the exact build order down O_o one slip up makes it all fall apart but if all goes well you can easily take down a japan or india player.. o_o tp's ftw.

i would feel bad if i posted somethin wrong :D .. i can be a perfectionist.. sometimes..

ALSO. i could post one of my private sioux fast industrial strats of ya like, i know that one by heart, it could be something while you wait :] i think i showed it to 36drew.. ?[/quote]
u have used it on me and joe i think.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""Palehorse""]Hi Soccerman771 :D

Been a busy June and July, with 2 extended business trips. My old laptop died , and gaming with it on the road was a bit tough anyway. Been away from home more weeknights than home since the end of May. It is getting old. Makes gaming on the weekends tough also, since so much to catch up on at home.

Things will settle at work starting in August, and I can get more games on ESO.[/quote]

Well, I hope everything goes well with you and having travelled in the past I can understand the 'catch up on at home' part. Stay safe. We'll get some games in when you "get back" in August.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Palehorse
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Palehorse »

Inspired by catching up at the forums, I played 4 Quickmatch games as Spain last night. I finished with a perfect 0-4 record, but all the games were competitive, I think :?
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""Palehorse""]Inspired by catching up at the forums, I played 4 Quickmatch games as Spain last night. I finished with a perfect 0-4 record, but all the games were competitive, I think :?[/quote]

The same 1st Lt Russia player twice and two Japan's... :?

Not good matchups either way. :cry:

The last game went 40 mins though. They look like they were competitive, though.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
BenS64
Colonel
Colonel

Post by BenS64 »

[quote=""Palehorse""]Inspired by catching up at the forums, I played 4 Quickmatch games as Spain last night. I finished with a perfect 0-4 record, but all the games were competitive, I think :?[/quote]
welcome 2 the club, i'm on a 10 game losing streak. :( :( :(
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Sorry to hear about the losing streaks, guys :( Thankfully I'm only playing unrated these days on TAD to avoid Jap/Indian lamerism. Still, all are welcome to look me up online and beat me up as I experiment with the Spanish and French 8)

Speaking of the Spanish, does anyone use the 10 Maya spearman card in colonial? I like Spanish colonial very much and my first card is usually 8 pikemen followed by 700 wood for dual rax xbow/pike spam. I was thinking maybe the 10 Maya would be better, but then I saw they only do 24 damage to cav, while regular pikes do 40. Obviously I need the heavier anti-cav if I'm going xbow. On the plus side, Maya have more HP (180) and hand damage resistance (20%), in addition to higher siege (48). That high siege factor could be handy in tearing down a Chinese or Russian rax real fast in colonial. Nothing used to rattle me worse as a Russian than my opponent ripping down my forward rax before I could get a shipment to it in the first colonial minute!
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]Sorry to hear about the losing streaks, guys :( Thankfully I'm only playing unrated these days on TAD to avoid Jap/Indian lamerism. Still, all are welcome to look me up online and beat me up as I experiment with the Spanish and French 8)

Speaking of the Spanish, does anyone use the 10 Maya spearman card in colonial? I like Spanish colonial very much and my first card is usually 8 pikemen followed by 700 wood for dual rax xbow/pike spam. I was thinking maybe the 10 Maya would be better, but then I saw they only do 24 damage to cav, while regular pikes do 40. Obviously I need the heavier anti-cav if I'm going xbow. On the plus side, Maya have more HP (180) and hand damage resistance (20%), in addition to higher siege (48). That high siege factor could be handy in tearing down a Chinese or Russian rax real fast in colonial. Nothing used to rattle me worse as a Russian than my opponent ripping down my forward rax before I could get a shipment to it in the first colonial minute![/quote]

How about if they get lucky and spot your BH, send minute men and bye bye villes plus a BH down....ah the noob days..
jtackel@hotmail.com

Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Lol soccerman. That used to happen to me, too. the psychological effect is devastating; your whole game plan goes out the window and your miniature Russian econ is toast. That was partly the reason I mostly aged with only 14 vils: Getting to colonial at 5:21 was simply too dangerous to risk. Aztec with early SKs can do you in, too.

Spain FF used to be really good against Russia. Lancers pwn Russian colonial infantry like nobody's business; it's murder. Do Spanish players still FF againt Russia?

Palehorse
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Palehorse »

9 Maya I think is the shipment.
lordandcount
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by lordandcount »

Was playing against a russian with iro who thought he could age wtih 17 settler ??????????????????????
I got down 4 blockhouses that were still building, after that he just resigned :)
NEO_CrAz3n wrote: L&C is sorta the N3O police.
I'm the most annoying officer
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

[quote=""lordandcount""]Was playing against a russian with iro who thought he could age wtih 17 settler ??????????????????????
I got down 4 blockhouses that were still building, after that he just resigned :)[/quote]

Ouch! 17-vil age up is so risky, unless you're playing the Dutch or Ports. Even then, I have seen tricky Dutchmen do a 10/10 age-up, send 8 pikes and pwn the blockhouse!!

huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

[quote=""lordandcount""]Was playing against a russian with iro who thought he could age wtih 17 settler ??????????????????????
I got down 4 blockhouses that were still building, after that he just resigned :)[/quote]

Well it can work. I bet a Lieut Col (Iros) once, aged with 17 vills and bet him. But I have to admit it's very risky if he does fast age up.
reAnimation
Conscript
Conscript

Post by reAnimation »

wheres the BO? :P
reAnimation
Conscript
Conscript

Post by reAnimation »

wheres the BO? :P
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

Tatltael the suspense is killing me. I check this thread often looking to see if you posted something.