Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Sun_Tzu1
Major
Major

Aztec vs. Spain

Post by Sun_Tzu1 »

Any thoughts on this game?

Aztec vs. Spain.

As Aztec, I play a Turtle. Keeping it simple. Just use Warhut Units: Maces, Pumas, Coyotes.

The 40% mining card was definitely worth it. With mines around it lets you spam the 3 WH unit upgrade merc cards fairly quickly.

Used walls to impede, and give me a heads up on what units he was building and where.

Faired better against his Lancers and Falcs than I was expecting. Prob partially his fault for leaving his falcs unguarded when I could see where his units were and he couldn't see where mine were.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Aztec vs. Spain

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

well I don't really like that strat, 2nd card landgrab :s
it's one of the best water maps so play schooners instead, all the wood u used for walls/farms could have been lots of fishing boats instead
your opponent didnt have a single water card in his deck

no military for 10 minutes will not often work tbh

if you wanna turtle boom get the 10 WP out asap

you won b/c you played so much better (micro)
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

oh I forgot to add: nice raid midgame, you killed half his vils in one go :D
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Sun_Tzu1
Major
Major

Post by Sun_Tzu1 »

no military for 10 minutes will not often work tbh
Can't remember too much about the details of the game now, but, if I didn't have military for 10 mins it was probably intentional.

I did WH politician to age 2 and then played 2 Warhut card with third shipment on reaching age 2. That's 3 strong warhuts (+10% dam, +30% hp I think). With 3 WH you can build the army you want pretty quickly, particularly if walls you've built impede them getting to you. Plus the WH give good protection. So, general strat is, if they don't pressure you, go for eco improvements instead.
well I don't really like that strat, 2nd card landgrab :s
Yep, I would have felt that way too.

However, it opens up +10% & +15% hunt/berry/farm improvement at age 2, & is good for any herdables aquired. Plus, with 2WH going up and WP on XP dance, plus farm going up your 4th shipment comes pretty quickly.

And, you don't have to revisit an age 1 card later in the game when you're age 3 or whatever. Hate having to play Land Grab age 3 when they're some great cards you can play.
if you wanna turtle boom get the 10 WP out asap
Yes, I brought this up in the other thread. However, I'm not totally keen on getting 10WP straight away now. It seems too push your XP eco too much. The WCs aura is an XP one. If you've rattle through cards they get expensive much more quickly, and that minimizes the WPs aura advantage. I'm preferring something a little more balanced. I'll think that over some more.
it's one of the best water maps so play schooners instead, all the wood u used for walls/farms could have been lots of fishing boats instead
You're probably right. However, if I'd gone on the water and turtled when he FF'd and came at me with pikes/artillery I'm not so such I'd of been able to defend as well. Could have been game over. But not using the water was prob a waste with hind-sight.