I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Indian Agra Rush Guide by MrMilo

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

Here's the original post

India Agra Fort Rush

By MrMilo

This strategy has been around in several different forms since the early days of The Asian Dynasties. The idea is to build an Agra Fort as a forward base, sacrificing your early economy to get a fast advance time and hitting your opponent quickly. In doing so, you take advantage of India’s bonuses. First, you can send the equivalent of a villager card (1.25 wood/second & one villager) without any population room. Next, you can build that large fort in the middle of the map, giving you map control, a quick advance, a place to drop off shipments, two sepoys upon age-up, and a barracks to boot! Finally, you can train villagers while you go up to the second age, allowing your economy to catch up after you have sacrificed it for a fast advance time. The result is a strong, fast rush that can fall back on map control and a relatively good economy.

In this guide I’ll outline the basics of executing the Agra Fort Rush, also known as the 10/10 rush (because you advance to the second age with 10/10 in population space), giving you to tools to perfect a build order while also outlining some ways to adapt to different situations.

When to Agra Rush: Starting Gold Is Not Your Friend
As India, you will always start with 300 wood and 200 food in crates, plus one extra, random crate. I like doing the Agra rush only when that extra crate is either wood or food. When it’s gold, I find that my age-up times are too slow, and I might as well advance normally with a better eco, as it won’t be much slower.

Getting Started
As soon as the game begins, task villagers to your starting wood crates. Try to start training your first villager within seven seconds. Quickly send out a villager to move hunts back towards your town center, but only work one herd towards your TC at the beginning. Because your villagers cost wood, you only need to gather 600 food (plus your 200 food in crates) to advance, so walking a villager to get your second hunt, when the first herd will have enough food to advance, will slow down your age-up time.

Train Villagers Until Your Pop Is Full: Don’t Build a House!
You want to stop making villagers and put everyone on food when you reach 10 villager population and you don’t want to build a house! India starts with six villagers. That means when you start with 400 wood (that’s 300 starting wood, plus an extra wood crate), you won’t put any villagers on wood: just send everyone straight to food! When you start with an extra food crate, you’ll need to gather 100 wood before you can put everyone on food. I like to put 5 villagers on wood so I get the wood quickly.

Scout and Creep: Find a Spot for the Agra while Focusing on Food and XP
Your top priority with your two explorers is to find a place to place your Agra. It’s a pretty big building and you have to keep in mind the no-build radius around your opponent’s town, so this can be tricky. Go after food and XP treasures before you start building the fort. You want food because it can improve your age-up time, and XP will help get you your villager card sooner. Once the wonder is being built, food, wood, gold, and XP are all great to get, because you can use all of them when you’re in colonial.

Start Building Your Agra
You want to start building your Agra the very second you have 800 food. Because you want to build your Agra forward, it can be a little tricky to time this correctly. My general rule is to send one villager out of my town to where I want to build the Agra when I have about 650 food. For bigger maps, you’ll want that number to be a little lower. for smaller maps, or if your only good spot for building the Agra is closer to your town, you’ll want that number to be a bit higher. Once the Agra starts building, you have a decision to make: should you keep the villager building or task her to gathering? If you let the fort build by itself, you’ll get to colonial a square two minutes after you started building it. If you keep a villager on the fort, you’ll age up ten seconds faster. I like to have the villager gather during this time. The 120 Villager seconds you’ll gain is equal to 60 wood, 72 gold, or 101 food (if you’re hunting). One thing to avoid is tasking that forward villager to hunting if your opponent hasn’t already seen your Fort being built. If he sees a dead animal through the fog of war, he will likely infer that you are Agra rushing him, without actually having to scout you.

Reorganize Your Economy: Everyone to Wood
As soon as you gather 800 food, put all of your villagers onto wood. You need to get villager production going again, but before that you need a house. Build it and train that villager as quickly as possible. Around the time you start your fort, you’ll send your first card: Distributivism. That’s going to give you a 1.25 wood trickle + 1 villager. Once you get villager production going again, keep in mind those roughly two “invisible” villagers which are gathering wood as the game goes on. As you age up, maintain constant villager production and build one more house (total pop = 30) before you hit colonial. You’ll need 6 or so villagers on wood to do this after you get that house done and the initial villager out. You’re going to be making sepoys once you age-up: organize your other villagers accordingly, keeping in mind what treasure you’re getting.

Get Your Sepoy Army Going and Attack!
As you reach colonial, start training sepoys from your Agra Fort (you should be able to get four or five in your first batch), send your 2 free sepoys to your fort, and ship 5 sepoys. As soon as your first patch of sepoys and shipment have arrived, go put pressure on your opponent. Keep in mind that 6 sepoys kill a villager in one volley, so splitting your sepoys into two groups early on can be useful.

Adapt!
From here on out, there are a bunch of different things you can do. You’ve likely attacked your enemy before he can get much military going, so you’ll have the advantage of shutting down his economy. You can keep pushing militarily, building more sepoys, or gurkha if he’s building heavy infantry, and shipping 4 sowars as your next shipment. You can also invest more heavily in your economy, sending Foreign Logging (that’s 2.35 wood/second, plus one villager) and building a market quickly. The longer you can maintain your map control advantage and the longer the game goes in colonial, the better position you’re in. India has really great 2nd age cards that provide you with an incredibly strong and diverse army. (Don’t forget to use your consulate! The British are almost always your best option.)

Deck
Here’s an example deck for a land map. I suggest working with something similar to this. Take out cards that you find yourself not using and put things in that seem more useful to you. The two unit shipments and camel upgrade cards are really must-haves, however. [Example deck will be posted soon]

Note on Special Maps
This strategy is incredibly effective on maps that start you with extra resources, such as Carolina and Deccan. You can start building your fort very early in the game and you’ll usually not lose any time in villager production!
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Indian Agra Rush Guide by MrMilo

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]As soon as your first patch of sepoys and shipment have arrived, go put pressure on your opponent. Keep in mind that 6 sepoys kill a villager in one volley, so splitting your sepoys into two groups early on can be useful.
[/quote]

I knew it didn't take very many, but 6? Wow. Good find Chaos. Thanks for posting.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
BenS64
Colonel
Colonel

Post by BenS64 »

[quote=""Soccerman771""][quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]As soon as your first patch of sepoys and shipment have arrived, go put pressure on your opponent. Keep in mind that 6 sepoys kill a villager in one volley, so splitting your sepoys into two groups early on can be useful.
[/quote]

I knew it didn't take very many, but 6? Wow. Good find Chaos. Thanks for posting.[/quote]
yes thats amazing and ty for posting this
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

I appreciate MrMilo's work but he could once in a while make a guide for an UP civ, teaching people how to lame is not nice.

Quoting the guys on AgeS, when comes the shrine boom guide? :p
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]I appreciate MrMilo's work but he could once in a while make a guide for an UP civ, teaching people how to lame is not nice.

Quoting the guys on AgeS, when comes the shrine boom guide? :p[/quote]

I agree totally. I'd love to learn how to get better with one of the lower civs. I think their logic is that the more people that lame, the more that will play, thus getting them more $$..
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Tatltael
Major
Major

Post by Tatltael »

why exactly does he want to teach people how to lame?! o_O

its nice of him to make VOD's but its not exactly confidence inspiring towards his playing integrity

i demand PORTUGUESE RUSH VOD ... or an example of an effective sioux lategame economy ?
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Well, that's asking the impossible. Hopefully my guides for China and other civs are helpful, although I know they can't come close to real expert guides. I do wish Milo and the others would at least cater to mid-level civs and lower. Honestly, India's win % is higher than China's in 1.00.
Groovy.
TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by TheRam »

[quote=""Tatltael""]why exactly does he want to teach people how to lame?! o_O

its nice of him to make VOD's but its not exactly confidence inspiring towards his playing integrity

i demand PORTUGUESE RUSH VOD ... or an example of an effective sioux lategame economy ?[/quote]
Sioux lategame is merely a matter of firepit settler booming with OP amounts of food, when not being attacked.. just doing it for 30 seconds gets out vills really fast (not gunna do the math - it works). It's really about getting good lategame raids with the axe riders and not getting into pure spam firefights (unless you're kicking ass economically, or micro wise - cus otherwise you're going down).
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

I don't understand how sioux late game can be strong. Firepit was nerfed, wakinas were nerfed, every euro is better lategame due to eco cards and factories... I think that if the game goes for longer than 30 mins the game is lost for the sioux.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

sioux' only "late game" chance is the dogsoldier BB... if that fails, gg
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Tatltael
Major
Major

Post by Tatltael »

have you all forgotten about 18 tashunke lategame? o_O

18 tashunke + 5 tashunke 25%+hp/ attk card / def card/ attk def card/ new ways / attack fire pit / upgrade for hp at corral / upgrade for dmg. vs. artillery / and attack boost from age4 card from WC

= 18 tashunkes alone will destory most armies in a couple of swipes. not to mention the stealth that lets them creep in :D

imo lategame raids & guerrilla warfare works alot better with tashunke, and i think it makes for a good way for sio to win :D
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Tashunke are the black sheep. In the few times I used them they died like flies and they are way expensive :\ Good thing that you find them good ^^
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

[quote=""Tatltael""]have you all forgotten about 18 tashunke lategame? o_O

18 tashunke + 5 tashunke 25%+hp/ attk card / def card/ attk def card/ new ways / attack fire pit / upgrade for hp at corral / upgrade for dmg. vs. artillery / and attack boost from age4 card from WC[/quote]

I agree with u on this in principle. Tashunke really do have amazing stats IF u spend an obscene amount of time/cards/upgrades etc on them. So once again in theory ur right, but in practice I disagree. Havent found 2 many recs by Xprts using them also.

Out