Me russia vs a 2nd lt

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

BenS64
Colonel
Colonel

Me russia vs a 2nd lt

Post by BenS64 »

I got this game in qs any feedback would be appreciated thx. ps: does this work?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Re: Me russia vs a 2nd lt

Post by LaZy »

does what work?

Out
BenS64
Colonel
Colonel

Post by BenS64 »

the game lol?
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

The game works ;)

Ok, here's the critique:
1. Move your vilagers through your TC. Saves walking time and those seconds are crucial in the beginning.
2. Don't shoot so many animals near your TC on asian maps.
3. Once you have 270 food switch all but two to animals. Then go one on wood until you have enough for a house, then switch him to an animal. Don't get the gold crate until you need it (after you age to colonial).
4. If you have an extra 100 wood, go ahead and build a second house, the added xp will help you get that first shipment earlier.
5. Bad deck. Take out all the age 1 crate shipments and furrier. Add in distributivism (wood trickle) and maybe eco theory, for that map ATP would have been a good choice. Age II, nice choices though take out the spice trade and add in faster infantry. Age III you need 1000 wood instead of the TC and add in more military shipments (2 falcs, 9 musks, and I like to throw in 6 hackapells). Age IV you don't need the card that gives strelet spawn at blockhouses, throw in an age III military shipment.
6. Scout, scout, scout. Go back and watch the replay yourself and compare the difference in how much map has been revealed from his perspective at 3:00 and compare to how much you've explored. You didn't get a single herdable (cow) and he grabbed them all. Bad for you :( Also get the scout treasure by your base sooner.
7. Pick your deck earlier so you can send that first shipment sooner. Also, send your second shipment as soon as you get in Age II. You sat on it way too long.
8. I usually go 14 vil age up against Japan so you can put more pressure on faster. Switch more vils to wood after you hit the age up button so you can get your blockhouse built faster. Against Japan you must, must must keep him in his base. Be more aggressive building your FB closer to his TC. Once the FB and 2 houses are built, switch all but 2-3 (if you ship distributivism) back to food so you can constant spam vils and military.
9. Between the 8 minute and 9 minute mark is where you truly lost the game. You had 43 strelets 4 horsies a live explorer and several idle vils. Use your military and your shipments. Boyars would have been a good idea with the size of the military you had.
10. You didn't herd a single herd back towards your TC and you had to send 18 vils out into no where to get food.
11. You stopped makin vils after 10 mins off and on.
12. Too much wood.
13. When you sent your military, micro them. Musks to melee and into the cav. Hit and run with the strelets against the ashi's. Once it's obvious you're beaten with your military fall back to your FB.
14. When your vils are eating away from your tc, build a block house to keep them protected. Makes em feel safe.
15. Use your explorer. Get treasures, scout, grab a trade post or two and/or natives. You had the wood.

Hopefully I've given you something to build on. Catch me anytime on ESO and I've be happy to give you a 1v1 or a rec to watch and help get better... :)

jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
BenS64
Colonel
Colonel

Post by BenS64 »

thx for the advice
ill try meet u online sometime soon
Ben
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

[quote=""Soccerman771""] Age III you need 1000 wood instead of the TC
9.[/quote]

Yup thats a lot better than a tc wagon you only neeed to collect 200 wood for the 3rd tc .