Rushing a Jap brigadier to death

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Rushing a Jap brigadier to death

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

This one thought that he could water and shrine boom peacefully. Keeping him garrisioned is the key :p
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Rushing a Jap brigadier to death

Ops here's the rec.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Palehorse
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Palehorse »

I need to watch this. Last night, I had a Jap Major pushed back to his TC and he eventually got enough shrines and fishing to out produce me. Did not help I forgot to ship the 5 and 4 vills cards either, DOH!
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Don't forget jap bug - you can tell which cards were sent by the missing 2x symbol :p That's precious to know when to ship 2 caravels/war canoes. Keeping them in your deck vs jap is important.
BenS64
Colonel
Colonel

Post by BenS64 »

are japs good at fishing like aztecs because that seems to be my main strat with them?
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

Great game Sporting! That's pressure! Nice job cutting off the map on him early too.
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

Lol, nice 1 Sporting. U sure did box him in alright and kept his viills garrisoned nicely. U used ur native scout and ur gaurdian bears very well 2 produce a LOS where he simply could not do anything without u knowing. The fact that u sent ur warships when u did really helped also.

But in all fairness this Brig truly sucked with his gamestyle. Only thing he did was play the "enlist irregulars" card and water boom (3 fishing ships, then 5 fishing ships, 3 fishing ships from Port consulate and another 5 fishing ships). Duh, when u play against a fast aging iro player u know 2 expect a rush. 2 think that u can defend urself against it by playing a single card and not even having a barax up is kinda dumb if u ask me.

Was a well earned victory though Sporting. I hope u earned lots of points with that game and that the brig drops down 2 major so that I can find him on QS sometime soon :P

Out

PS was also very cool 2 c the Iro explorer take out 7-8 irregulars with 1 shot. Yes I know they had 1/200 hps left, but its the pure "splash" effect that gets me :)
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

are japs good at fishing like aztecs because that seems to be my main strat with them?
with japs you ship the boats like you ship vills, it's not exactly the same thing.

Hehe thanks guys! I also thought I could exploit his laziness.
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

I'm sure he must have just underestimated you. You just kept at his econ so much that he lost a lot of gathering time. He was cornered and when he tried to relocate the vills after the TC was down he really had nowhere to go.
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Yes, he wasn't really thinking that I could take down his tc.
ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ruminator »

How can you get to that rank and not work out what a fast aging iroquois is going to do? Maybe his ego was so big he didn't think anyone dare attack him. Even my clunky Iro rush might have taken him down ...
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

What I couldn't understand is he didn't send a military shipment at all and didn't build a rax or stable. Why did he keep 23 vils in his tc? That and the age wonder?????
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th