Advice needed

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Advice needed

Post by IndyBrit »

I felt like I was better than this guy the whole way, all evidence to the contrary. Even when I felt like he was about to collapse his score was way better than mine.

A couple of things I noted, so only tell me if you want to repeat them:
1) it's worth a bit of wood to put an outpost by your FB when you get a chance (scout standing there all game lol)
2) I didn't realize the Ashi-musket gap. My age III muskets << his age II ashis. I wouldn't have done that battle realizing this.
3) I can't tell why exactly, but my micro sucks. His cav always got into my archers and mine never got into his. Concrete advice on that welcome.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Advice needed

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

some pointers:
-outpost wont detect stealthed units
-on water maps, have the 2 caravel and 1 frig cards in your deck
-dont hunt so far away without protection, plus those hunters were in the LOS of a shrine :s
-he attacked your xbows with cav when there were no pikes to protect em
-dont use your pikes to fight the ashi's... once they died his cav came in and pwned your xbows
-nice raid with the 3 hussars bro 8)
-take TP's
-japanese eco is just n/c
-in age III, skirm (with CIR)/goon
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Sorry, I can't really help you with Japan. :/
Groovy.
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Damnit! I mean France!
Groovy.
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

1) herding u didnt herd ur 1st hunting group nor 2nd
2) woodcutters - walked a lot further then they needed to
3) fb builders - u sent 2 but only used 1
4) scout - did spot 5 vills on gold
- didnt know what monument he used
- didnt know where his shrines were at
- didnt know where is rax or stable was setup
5) sent 3 vills on a roadtrip 2 hunt in shrine LOS (asking 2 b raided)
6)built a market for no reason since u didnt buy improvements
7) sent pikes vs ashis and thus left nags 2 eat ur xbows which didnt hit n run back 2 ur fb where ur pkies where coming out
8)didnt make a single vil for mins (although u did manage 2 que 10 pikes from single rax)
9) knew he had cav and made 4 vills walk the ENTIRE map through his shrine LOS in order 2 hunt. u lost those 4 vills 2 secs after u sent 4 vills from card = waste of card imo
10) in 2nd battle u send u pikes again vs his ashis which he starts 2 micro better then u kill his ashis. then cav turns up again when ur out of pikes eating left overs once again. U had larger army and direct counters 2 his but lost 2 due going Rambo style with ur pikes.
11) villager discrepancy 22vils total 5 on food and 17 on wood :(
12) consistantly que huge Nºs of units until u have 2 food 2 make vills
13) ur enemy decides 2 build a castle right next 2 ur dead explorer. U can c his castle there and still insist on heading that way anyway. 3rd battle take place where ur pikes, yet again, run right into his few ashis. suddenly nags flank ur xbows, again.
14) good job with ur hussars raiding whilst ur fight
15) good job being the 1 2 constantly attack him
16)4th battle takes place at his TC. 24 xbows and 8 pikes. why do u persist 2 charge with ur pikes??? his 2 ashis, TC and castle killed all ur pikes which were chasing woodcutters
17)u almost ALMOST had ur opponent but decided 2 start making musks when all u really needed was some siege powered cav killing cheaper pikes. again u got owned cos he came at u with 10 nags.
18) yes. let it b known: ashis»» musks :/
19) again u are raided in the middle of the map with lots of hunt still in ur half
20) at minute 22 u both have same Nº of vills. ur are more efficient but he does have shrines, so he pumps out 10 ashis from both rax every time.
21)at minute 25 decided 2 make 1st market improvment.
22) took for ever 2 age and when u finally did the only improvemnt u made was getting vet musks. no eco improvements no arsenal. u didnt make a single horse the entire game. his flaming arrows totaly pwnd ur musks and u didnt have skirms which actually pwn ashis.

On the whole I feel 4 u cos u played a better game then he did. U constantly attacked him keeping him a t bay and not allowing his eco 2 "explode". The fact that he didnt use the water was a mistake on his side. U lost vills unecessarily on his side of the map. U totaly 4got about ur market improvemnts. Even french need them :) U really need 2 work on ur combos better. Ur pikes getting slaughtered unecessarily cos tu the game i think. Keep them hidden and behind ur ranged units. In all fairness ur oppenent made less units but used them better. The fact that ur also taking fire from castles and TC´s didnt help either. U needed the pikes for anti cav and at 1 point 4 siege. Was a fun game 2 watch and I hope u can improve on lettile, but important, details.

Out
lordandcount
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by lordandcount »

[quote=""LaZy""]1) herding u didnt herd ur 1st hunting group nor 2nd
2) woodcutters - walked a lot further then they needed to
3) fb builders - u sent 2 but only used 1
4) scout - did spot 5 vills on gold
- didnt know what monument he used
- didnt know where his shrines were at
- didnt know where is rax or stable was setup
5) sent 3 vills on a roadtrip 2 hunt in shrine LOS (asking 2 b raided)
6)built a market for no reason since u didnt buy improvements
7) sent pikes vs ashis and thus left nags 2 eat ur xbows which didnt hit n run back 2 ur fb where ur pkies where coming out
8)didnt make a single vil for mins (although u did manage 2 que 10 pikes from single rax)
9) knew he had cav and made 4 vills walk the ENTIRE map through his shrine LOS in order 2 hunt. u lost those 4 vills 2 secs after u sent 4 vills from card = waste of card imo
10) in 2nd battle u send u pikes again vs his ashis which he starts 2 micro better then u kill his ashis. then cav turns up again when ur out of pikes eating left overs once again. U had larger army and direct counters 2 his but lost 2 due going Rambo style with ur pikes.
11) villager discrepancy 22vils total 5 on food and 17 on wood :(
12) consistantly que huge Nºs of units until u have 2 food 2 make vills
13) ur enemy decides 2 build a castle right next 2 ur dead explorer. U can c his castle there and still insist on heading that way anyway. 3rd battle take place where ur pikes, yet again, run right into his few ashis. suddenly nags flank ur xbows, again.
14) good job with ur hussars raiding whilst ur fight
15) good job being the 1 2 constantly attack him
16)4th battle takes place at his TC. 24 xbows and 8 pikes. why do u persist 2 charge with ur pikes??? his 2 ashis, TC and castle killed all ur pikes which were chasing woodcutters
17)u almost ALMOST had ur opponent but decided 2 start making musks when all u really needed was some siege powered cav killing cheaper pikes. again u got owned cos he came at u with 10 nags.
18) yes. let it b known: ashis»» musks :/
19) again u are raided in the middle of the map with lots of hunt still in ur half
20) at minute 22 u both have same Nº of vills. ur are more efficient but he does have shrines, so he pumps out 10 ashis from both rax every time.
21)at minute 25 decided 2 make 1st market improvment.
22) took for ever 2 age and when u finally did the only improvemnt u made was getting vet musks. no eco improvements no arsenal. u didnt make a single horse the entire game. his flaming arrows totaly pwnd ur musks and u didnt have skirms which actually pwn ashis.

On the whole I feel 4 u cos u played a better game then he did. U constantly attacked him keeping him a t bay and not allowing his eco 2 "explode". The fact that he didnt use the water was a mistake on his side. U lost vills unecessarily on his side of the map. U totaly 4got about ur market improvemnts. Even french need them :) U really need 2 work on ur combos better. Ur pikes getting slaughtered unecessarily cos tu the game i think. Keep them hidden and behind ur ranged units. In all fairness ur oppenent made less units but used them better. The fact that ur also taking fire from castles and TC´s didnt help either. U needed the pikes for anti cav and at 1 point 4 siege. Was a fun game 2 watch and I hope u can improve on lettile, but important, details.

Out[/quote]

he said advice, not ruining self confidence :P

You also good with destroying mine, like saying I don't want to play your crappy chinese, it's so boring :(
NEO_CrAz3n wrote: L&C is sorta the N3O police.
I'm the most annoying officer
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Hehe that's huge but see the positive side - that's a lot of tips :D
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

Thanks Lazy, I really appreciate it. I click fast, but that's the kind of stuff I need to fix to get to the next level.

:D
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

Here 2 help, even if it doesnt always seem that way with my reviews :)

Out