Why?

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Why?

Post by Hydrovert5 »

Why are the Ottomans considered weak in team games? I can adjust to make jans, abus, or hussars in team games and to me, that makes me a powerful ally.

They also have a few nice team cards, most notably the Spahi card.

Sure, if the initial attack fails in a team game with Ottos, they more than make up for it with powerful units, like 235HP jans for instance.

So can anyone tell me why Ottomans are considered weak in team games? The last few I played with them I won, and was a vital part in the victory effort...
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Why?

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

they have a weak and fragile eco.
Killing some of their vils sets them way back imho
overall otto is weak atm, and it's only amplified in team games

SR was their best team card, now it's crap
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by luukje »

Otto has some advantages: a fast start, free villagers and great units but they have the weakest economy despite free settlers.

If you are playing 2-2 or even 3-3, the fast start doenst count thatt much.
Your weak economy will hurt you even more, because civs with big booms like brits can send their villager cards and games will last a lot longer.

Ive been playing a few non clan team games and just relised how much they suck. The whining, the flaming, the laming, the unbalanced sides.
The walling.

Much more fun being walled in by your own teammates!
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Because the eco sucks and if you lose your army you won't replace it again. Not to mention that if your tc is rushed your team loses a player.
Tatltael
Major
Major

Post by Tatltael »

in 1v1 your best bet as ottos is to build a forward rax / art. founder or stable
and contain your opponent w/ janns, meaning push him off his hunts. you'll have the early advantage and putting him on the backfoot from the start gives you a huge advantage, along with the most valuable resource; "map control!"
ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ruminator »

In team games, they can do well if going for say straight abus in support of a rush - try say a Sioux teammate with an abus/AR combo! Having teammate build blockhouse/warhut in your base can help to protect your settlers.

Try a treaty game as well where they go for FI and then spam cannon/bombards supported by team mate going heavy cav.
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace