Short game for nav comment

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Short game for nav comment

Post by IndyBrit »

Not sure if I'm coming along with my china or if the competition wasnt' too good. Anything you notice in here I could fix?

I used cover mode, and since i grabbed gold treasures i finished up collecting 170 gold (but i never used it, and i overshot :-P )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Short game for nav comment

Post by Soccerman771 »

I'll leave the critique for Nav. All I'll say is that I love how you included the sheep/goats in your army when you attacked.. OP!!
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

[quote=""Soccerman771""]I'll leave the critique for Nav. All I'll say is that I love how you included the sheep/goats in your army when you attacked.. OP!![/quote]

:-P

Well, I was going to bring resource boxes down and pelt him with those, but then after thinking about that, it just seemed dumb.
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

I'll take a look at it later today. :)
Groovy.
SpicyBeef
Conscript
Conscript

Post by SpicyBeef »

I played that exact same guy the other day with the same civs, he was india and I china, and went for the exact same strategy, rush with summer palace, and he going 10/10 sepoys. I probably would have had the same result but he killed 6 of my villagers while I was oblivious and that pretty much ended it.
Have you experimented with existence today?
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Damn, sorry Indy. I'm just so stressed right now, with AP tests, my Eagle project, and finals. I'll take a look at it and your other game as soon as I get some free time...
Groovy.
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

It's OK Nav - sometimes in rare circumstances real life can be briefly more important than AOE3. ;) Like when having a baby - actually that's not quite up to the level yet but you get the idea.

I'll try to get you a better rec than this by next week. I split a set with a 1st lieut today, and they were both pretty good games. I just missed taking him out with Germans, but I'm actually feeling "dangerous" these days, so that's a big improvement. My China was pretty lukewarm there for quite a stretch.
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

OK! I finally got some free time, damnit!

Alrighty, here we go. :)

1. At the beginning, you left your monk idle for 24 seconds. In age 1 this can really hurt you a lot, as food treasures and sheep can really boost your age time.

2. I'd suggest building the village farther forward if you are going to rush.

3. Always move your sheep onto the village. It fattens and protects them. You had an unguarded sheep in the middle for a long time.

4. Eat your goat in age 1 for a faster age up.

5. If you have extra wood, food, and gold, don't que up an old han. Que up a standard army and throw down another village.

6. At about 7:30, you were housed and had 400 wood. Throw down a consulate and a village and send the 300 export card.

7. You need either more vils on food or vils on sheep, as you had too many wood vils and not enough food ones.

8. When you fought his initial army, you should have microed about 8 CKN onto each sepoy and sent your steppe after the gurkhas instead of the sepoys.

9. At about 8:08, you had a random steppe rider off to the side with a sheep. Send the steppe into battle and the sheep to your village to be eaten. Every guy counts when you're rushing with China.

10. Always eat your sheep! Just two vils on sheep is often enough to be a large chunk of your food supply.

11. Don't bring sheep and goats along with your attack. Eat them instead. :D

That's pretty much it. Well played! That guy never stood a chance. :)
Groovy.