43%
Japs
57%

Total votes: 23

Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Re: India or Japs?

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Yeah, that's probably most of my problem. I've also noticed that any cav/light inf combo is impossible to beat, especially one done by Europeans or Natives.

For example, when Russia goes strelet spam with shipped cossacks, his cossacks own my CKN and steppe riders, while his strelets own my qiang.

China has no such thing as a heavy inf/cav army (they REALLY need one)! Get rid of meteor hammers/iron flails or keshiks/qiang!
Groovy.
BenS64
Colonel
Colonel

Post by BenS64 »

i voted indians because they have a faster rush
Killahsquirrel
Conscript
Conscript

Post by Killahsquirrel »

I voted India, they can do practically everything, from bloody fast Rushes to Urumi/Mahout FI, and have like, the best units all across the board. The +1 villie for cards is also a big help, and really allows them to completely disregard eco in disc and yet still get it back and running, and better than a lot of civs :/
BashUgood
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by BashUgood »

IMO

I think china can easily overwhelm Japan with troops early as IndyBrit pwnd me with a strat he got from Nav..
TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by TheRam »

Well we can see from the recent statistics posted that India has a 57.58 win % and Japan as a lesser 53.91%
However, we can see that Japan is played alot more 16.14% -> 9.06% usage.
I think that supports my theory of the lower ranks leaning towards Japan, and more confident, higher players beating people with India.
Killahsquirrel
Conscript
Conscript

Post by Killahsquirrel »

^That's because everyone goes "Zomg! Samurai and Katanas!" and there are so many Japan fanboys.

Hell, I didn't consider myself a Japanese fanboy, but when I started playing TAD I think my heart leapt a little when the game came up and I was playing as Japan. :oops:
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

are japan and india the 2 top civs atm?
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by luukje »

Germany is top to. They kinda make top 3.

When germany is good, france cant be that far behind. Aztec should be pretty good to. And Russsia.

Dont know how good Iro are.

Dutch, Otto, Spain, Sioux and China are down in 1.0.
Ports and Brits stay in the second tier to.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

The top players play germans a lot. I don't think they are that easy to handle for, let's say, normal players. I still think you can do good with iros since they boosted the colo-fighting. India and japan are at the top imo. Aztecs, hm, don't know really. Playing with germans i do pretty well vs them. Playing with russia i have a hell of a time. Aztecs do good on land and they are op on water. I think this fact makes them a good civ to play.
Shizle

Post by Shizle »

I think someone who really knows Aztecs can use them to win a lot of games. But, you have to know them inside and out.
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

Well, Chaos IS back now. He was pretty proficient with Aztecs before 1.01.
Shizle

Post by Shizle »

Yup, that's what I was alluding to, perhaps in a little too subtle manner. I'm looking forward to some Aztec threads now. Bring it on Chaos.
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

Ok in team games its got to be Japs. Just tried the shrine boom thing and in an epic game my eco was monstrous and my ashis were taking down everything, including cuirs and their direct counter. I think I built 900 ashis and killed 1400 as opposed to the next highest kills of 500/700. With the diamyo training speed reduction, dutch infantry speed reduction church tech thingy majig and Japans Isolationist tech that lets you build 10 guys at a time you can spam ashis like nothing else.

P.S. Yeah I know I need to learn the names of techs.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

And yet you still lost....
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by TheRam »

[quote=""BashUgood""]
I think china can easily overwhelm Japan with troops early as IndyBrit pwnd me with a strat he got from Nav..[/quote]
I disagree, the rush really works vs Japan but it's really easy for a Japan player to turtle, they hide in their TC and shoot you, whenever you don't apply pressure they have easy access to food and gold/wood and they get double shipments of Ashigaru and Yumi that seriously hurt. Also, that neat little trick where as the Yumi arrive you ungarrison your settlers makes it quite hard to target them!