Couple Russian replays

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Crazy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Couple Russian replays

Post by Crazy »

First game I play a dutch first lt on texas. Not one of my favourite maps to say the least, but I try to rush anyway, it doesn't work and you see the rest. Second game I play a japan first lt on mongolia and get a quick rush on him. If plop could review them, that'd be cool :D , but I'm accepting advice from everyone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Couple Russian replays

Post by Soccerman771 »

Well, since I always enjoy the ole russian replays I thought I'd give 'em a watch. I watched the one vs. dutch and I'll watch the other one at a time to be mentioned in the future.

You could have ended the game much earlier, say <15 mins had you scouted a little better. His hunts were bad and his gold mines were spread out from his tc. Build a bh to keep him off the gold mines to the north of his tc and I think it's gg.

You stockpiled gold in colonial and then used the market exchange rate to get to fortress...bad idea imo.

You also could have sent wood and gotten tp's or cherokee with good horsie upgrades.

upgrade your units sooner when you get to fort. You had the res. and your bh and stable were idle.

vgg imo...good "comeback"
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Ok, I watched the second one and only have a couple tips for you. I honestly think yours and mine game-play are very similar (well when it comes to Russia anyway).

Pick your deck earlier, maybe when you're in the inital stages of scouting.

Eat your herdables before you make a mill.

You had 7-8 guys and gals standing around your TC waiting for work pondering the thoughts of the battle and their loved ones only a few meters away at about the 8-10 minute mark. They were idle for quite a while. You should put them to work so they can keep their mind off the plight of war. ;)

Scout with your 5 horsies while you wait on the 4 horsie shipment. If you can take down even one of his monk's you've put yourself in a great position as this limits his ability to shrine boom.

You still need to work on your eco management. You do the same thing I do - end up with too much wood and not enough food.

However I liked how you did NOT hesitate to slap down a 2nd BH and a stable and just put the pedal to the metal for pressure.

Very nice battle micro, btw. Clearly what won you the game.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Crazy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Crazy »

Thanks for the advice soccer, much appreciated :). I only did the market trade to try to keep up with the dutch guy as he just advanced to fort and i was afraid of those mass falcs that some people do. And I have got to work on my eco management lol, i always have around 2k wood and little food and or gold lol. I try to pick a deck asap now, so i can get the first card right away. Again, I'll take what you said and try to put it to use :D