N3O FP 1.3z3L: Dynamic Civilization Attributes, new Asian Fe

This forum is for news articles
murdilator
N3O Member
N3O Member

N3O FP 1.3z3L: Dynamic Civilization Attributes, new Asian Fe

Post by murdilator »

I am proud to announce the release of N3O FP1.3z3L, a more dynamic version of the previous N3O Patches.

Download Link:

http://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/s ... ileid=3466

In this, civilizations will attempt to focus on historic units, and receive a few more historic techs. Germany, based heavily on Prussia, has more upgrades for Musketeers/Uhlans lategame. Spain has a bonus vs Native Warriors and Naval Combat, but slower Warships. Portugal has increased Gunpowder Infantry damage, Less Gunpowder Infantry Coin cost, and cheaper and better Caravels. Britain has access to Gurkha Mercenary Shipments from the Capitol.

Two major land improvements: There are two new Mining techs at the Market for the Europeans, one that increases mine gathering and makes villagers depletes mines slower, and another that sends a Silver Mine Wagon.

Two major water improvements: Fishing boats are cheaper, 60 wood, but take longer to train, 33 in-game seconds. Schooners gives -20 wood cost, and -40% train points, +3% fishing boat speed (as schooners were faster than ordinary ships). More historic Naval Improvements have been added to the British, Dutch, Portuguese and Spanish.

With suggestions from the narrowing Age-community, we have thus developed a patch that tries to bring civilizations to a more all-round standpoint, fixing their obvious weaknesses and strengthening their "main" historic units. Thus Speaking, the Spanish AI will focus on Tercios, Musketeers, Skirmishers, then on Hussars, and Lancers, as they historically did. Sometimes the AI will use Water well, sometimes it will ignore it in the face of greater improvements. Nevertheless AIs transport units much better, and even often attack with the transporting force. This is not 100% perfect, but it will help to configure which ships are logical AI transports (i.e. Galleons, Fluyts), and which aren't (Canoes, Caravels).

A Ship scouting technique may be applied, to allow the AI to aggressively attack and boom on the water.

Asian Civilizations feature improvements on Wonder hitpoints, economics, or historic improvements to Units such as Sepoys/Rajputs. However, Indian Sepoys are significantly weaker and cheaper to start out with, but become a regular-class musketeer lategame.

The Japanese are still being worked on. Now, to dispell rumors, I can make 12 decent upgrades in 4 hours and test them. But that includes ideas, then implementing those ideas in the techtree, and placing those techs in the proto file correctly, and giving description in the text files, and finally, playtesting and having fun for 40 minutes.

The last step is making the AI do what you want them to do. This is hard, because often, we don't have patience to do that. So after realizing how simple it really was to add something, I just wanted to fix a lot of problems and made the Computers research the new small techs at the Bank, Teepee, and Tribal Councils Hut.

Anyways, the Iroquois may witness a slight redesign of their military, because after finding out how to make the Computer use the War Dance, their military shows itself to be above-par in regards to anti-cavalry efficiency. Tomahawks are simply too strong with Lacrosse. Therefore, Lacrosse can be reduced to +0.25x vs Cavalry, while units like Aenna can become cheaper and weaker. Cavalrymen for the Iroquois, especially Kanyas, have been slightly downplayed and made cheaper. Allowing Mantlets in the Colonial Age, with Colonial stats, allows the Iroquois unprecedented strength. The eventualities of making the Iroquois more historically accurate would also depend on giving them a melee infantry.

The Aztec Jaguar Knight has received some redesign, including higher base melee damage, with same damage against Heavy Infantry, and less damage against Cavalry/Light Infantry, and slightly increased speed. Nevertheless, they die quickly to protected skirmishers/Musketeers. Pumas and Coyotes have more love given to them, with an extra "Warrior Combat" tech at the Aztec Great Temple, giving +20% HP and Damage. Pumas as well have increased hitpoints and damage.

Several European Civilizations have more Observatory Upgrades, but this is mainly for those that did not have half as many as the other civilizations. I have discussed quite thoroughly with Sporting_Lisbon, and the eventual plan is to add several early-game upgrades, and perhaps move a few Observatory upgrades to buildings like the Church and the Capitol. I ran into several problems while trying to add techs to the stable/Barracks, mainly because it looked very tacky and unprofessional.

As I might say, I have included 6 new ingame art files that I found in the art registry, including Guard Navy, several Big Button art files, and there are several art files with tentative Advanced Arsenal upgrades.

Given this, I hope you can enjoy the N3O FP to its greatest extent, and be encouraged to know that MODDING IS NOT IMPOSSIBLE!

best of regards,

murdilator
Last edited by murdilator on Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Feel the Might of the Sioux!" - Gall, when fighting and defeating your army at his own base.

---------------

Scenario Design Competition Participant 2009:

3v3 WildernessRoad: https://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/ ... ileid=2521