Now I love this patch.

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Now I love this patch.

Post by Soccerman771 »

lol, I don't know GV...gotta play it I guess..
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Cyclohexane
Honorary Officer

Post by Cyclohexane »

NWT was one of my favorite maps. I always did good on this map and loved the layout and graphics. Back door raiding was always fun. I wonder why this was removed.

I understand the reasoning for the others (to defensive or bugs in team play on Andes & Pampas).

Oh well, TAD has plenty of cool maps.
Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell out of the way!

QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON:
AOE3 TWC TAD Quick Reference & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

[quote=""Cyclohexane""]NWT was one of my favorite maps. I always did good on this map and loved the layout and graphics. Back door raiding was always fun. I wonder why this was removed.

I understand the reasoning for the others (to defensive or bugs in team play on Andes & Pampas).

Oh well, TAD has plenty of cool maps.[/quote]

I believe it was removed because it promoted walling up the crossing points and turtling, plus anybody who got the water way late game could win using monitors, which is kind of lame.

It just wasn't as conducive to quick aggressive competitive play, which is I think what one should look for in a standard map -- a map that doesn't favor a particular play style over another. NWT favored boom / turtle too much. Same with Orinoco (worst rushing map ever).
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey