Spain 1.01 TAD

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Spain 1.01 TAD

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

It's not pathetic, veteran it's 12 atk and it's melee. Since rods are cheaper, you will have more rods than he has skirms, and rods have 15% combat card and 20%hp card. Next time I see you on ESO I'll show you what I'm talking about :p
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

I think i'm gonna stick with spain post patch. :) If anyone sees me doing otherwise, give me crap.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Notice I said protected ranged units, Sporting. :P

Also, the game is much more interesting this way when you send cards to build your eco in order to produce your strong units, instead of having weaker units which you ship in large numbers to overwhelm the opponent.

It might require some strategy to choose which cards to use when, but I think we can agree that it's a lot easier to just click on a card in your HC rather than manage your economy (no matter how many villager cards or eco upgrades you send) so that you can have the resources to build those strong units.

BTW, I totally agree with you....in many ways the concept of cards is rather flawed.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

rods are still nothing special vs skirms.

15% attack is a whopping +1 str

as I said: unless you swarm the group of skirms by surrounding them, you will not pwn them. I tried that more than enough.
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

The purpose of having 6 speed is being able to swarm over :\ Caçadores suck (more than usual) without hit and run.
Also, the game is much more interesting this way when you send cards to build your eco in order to produce your strong units, instead of having weaker units which you ship in large numbers to overwhelm the opponent.
I like the possibility to ship different kinds of units to complement your army and actually use these low numbers to make the difference that wins you the battle and then the game. This is subjective, as many prefer to have a better eco and outspam rather than being efficient. I agree that shipments shouldn't be just to overwhelm.