General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

murdilator
N3O Member
N3O Member

Rangers for Britain

Post by murdilator »

Hi all!

Recently I came upon the idea of adding a skirmisher unit other than the Longbowmen to the British civilization. Historically, they incorporated regiments of American Rangers in their armies in the French and Indian War (or Seven Years War between France and England), hired Nepalese Gurkha to fight in the British East India Company, and among other things had their own regiments of light foot. Yet all the game gives us in a one time shipment of Roger's Rangers and an unhistorical 23 Cherokee Riflemen tech.

So the Ranger is basically what it is: a skirmisher that specializes in raiding, stealth and fighting treasure guardians. I have this unit working already in the scenario editor.

Stats:

Attributes: Stealth

Civilization(s): Great Britain, tentatively France

Looks like: Skirmisher

Cost: 40 food, 60 coin

Train Points: 28

Speed: 4.20

LOS: 20

Auto-shoot distance: 16

Hitpoints: 120

Armor: 0.20 Ranged

Ranged Attack: 16 range, 13 damage, 2x vs Heavy Infantry, 2x vs Light cavalry, 2x vs Guardians, 0.75x vs Cavalry, 0.75x vs Coyotemen

Siege Damage: 10

Hand Attack: 5, 2x vs Heavy Infantry, 2x vs Light cavalry, 2x vs Guardians, 0.75x vs Cavalry, 0.75x vs Coyotemen

Trainable at: Barracks, possibly Fur Traders Lodge/Log Cabin (Its a building that seems was never included)

Can Build: Outposts slowly, Trading Posts (possibly by an upgrade), and possibly be able to claim treasures.

Build Limit: 20, but increasable with upgrades

I feel I'm forgetting something here or there in mentioning this unit, but it would successfully be either a Veteran Unit, that you get Guard and Imperial Upgrades for, or something that could help Britain with their mid-game crisis.

Tell me all your thought on this.
"Feel the Might of the Sioux!" - Gall, when fighting and defeating your army at his own base.

---------------

Scenario Design Competition Participant 2009:

3v3 WildernessRoad: https://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/ ... ileid=2521