N3O FP AI Update Log

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

murdilator
N3O Member
N3O Member

N3O FP AI Update Log

Post by murdilator »

Here is a list so far of the N3O FP AI general improvement, starting from January 3rd, 2013 (I had done much before this time, working on it ever since the beginning of 2012 and late fall of 2011):

Feel free to offer suggestions in what you would like to see for the future, and if you've been previously bored with AOE3, I would advise trying this out, because it really helps the gameplay.

New Features, starting from oldest to newest:

-------------------

Update (January 3rd, 2013)

- Greatly improved all AI decks (They use lategame shipments, and a great deal of them, and I mean all civs). Also, the Iroquois and Sioux should play much better now, and Japan will use a lot better cards, which will enhance their military greatly. Be sure to play at least against lvl 25 for them to use all of their cards correctly. The AI will now also attempt to send cards at more appropriate times of the game. Also, they should have more food and coin gatherers generally speaking. Deathmatch games should play better as well (they aren't perfect, and even though I have found out how to fix their bases, I haven't applied it too much because they wouldn't build military buildings as fast, and, as a result, you could rush them quickly and win).

-------------------

Update (January 4th, 2013)

- Fixed some very important playability issues with the Russian AI, added better AI handling with Discovery and Colonial Economic Cards.

-------------------

Update (January 6th, 2013)

- Better handling for cards such as Furrier, TEAM Furrier, Spice Trade, TEAM Spice Trade added; if these are available, the AI will most likely send them as their first card.

- Japanese AI uses a mix of Ashigaru, Yumi and Naginata Riders; testing them to use Yabusame and Samurai to support. Also, the Japanese AI has better decks, and will always ship Heavenly Kami as their first card in regular supremacy games. At the moment, however, they will not normally train Samurai as they used to, because these are not cost effective until lategame; I am still working on the Japanese AI, but training Ashigaru/Yumi/Nagainata makes them much more competitive.

-------------------

Update (January 18th, 2013), 1.3z2w

- Made improvements to the AI; they now train up to just 90 villagers lategame (Imperial), 85 villagers in Industrial, 80 Villagers in Fortress, 45 in Colonial.

- AI has now direct civ-specific cards which significantly boost their performance. Germany now builds correct units, fewer mercenaries, has many more upgrade cards for Uhlans, and tries to build a more balanced military.

- Better handling and individual handling of important cards now is enabled, such as the Dutch "Religious Freedom" card, commonly known as the Dutch "Church Card," and the Russian "Reformist Tzar" shipment, commonly used for upgrading the 'Westernization' and 'Petrine Reforms' techs.

- Will add a few civ-specific crate and unit shipments to always be included and sent at the proper times by the AI.

-------------------

regards,

murdilator
Last edited by murdilator on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Feel the Might of the Sioux!" - Gall, when fighting and defeating your army at his own base.

---------------

Scenario Design Competition Participant 2009:

3v3 WildernessRoad: https://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/ ... ileid=2521