Next Iteration of N3O FP 1.3 Beta Released!

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

murdilator
N3O Member
N3O Member

Next Iteration of N3O FP 1.3 Beta Released!

Post by murdilator »

Hey guys, I believe we've waited long enough for this next iteration I have coupled up. I have taken almost every suggestion and implemented it. However, I have not yet touched the Dutch civ as people have suggested; as I am completely inexperienced with them, I will do nothing drastic. As it is, I have boosted Skirmishers slightly (by more speed), boosted grenadiers (more balanced than in the previous version), and boosted Outposts slightly (240 wood, 48 train points now). However, the British, Iroquois, and India are seeming to have more punch. The Rajput/Xbow problem should be fixed now. As for Mansabders I am just fooling around with stuff. I really think they could have some either 15% aura or 1.5x cost (instead of 2.0x). I need testers to finalize changes and such. I have not done much with the Ottomans yet, though I can agree a little on some ideas and changes. Those may come later, with the next iteration. The next iteration after this may come Christmas time, but no promises. I've also removed a lot of useless changes. A Readme has been added as well for installation.

File Link:

http://rts-sanctuary.com/index.php?port ... try2119024

***Simple installation instructions:

----------------

For installation of N3O Fan Patch Beta, after the initial download.

*This N3O Beta Patch requires having the TAD Patch Launcher previously installed.

-------------------------

The following information is what is needed to successfully be able to launch and play this N3O Fan Patch Beta 1.3a.

1. Unzip the file download folder to your desktop.

2. Launch your game with the TAD Patch Launcher to TAD 1.03/RE 1.03/ES 1.03.

3. Exit Age of Empires III.

4. Click on "start," and go to the folder "My Documents."

5. Go to "My Games," then "Age of Empires 3," then to the folder "Fan Patches."

6. Select the Folder next to this readme, called "N3O Patch FP Beta 1.3a," and 'click and drag' it into
the "Fan Patches" folder. For clarification, it is the following folder:

%USERPROFILE%/MyDocuments/MyGames/AgeOfEmpires3/FanPatches

7. You are now able to launch N3O Fan Patch Beta 1.3a via the TAD Patch Launcher.

----------------

So here it is. Enjoy this work!

regards,

murdilator
Last edited by murdilator on Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Feel the Might of the Sioux!" - Gall, when fighting and defeating your army at his own base.

---------------

Scenario Design Competition Participant 2009:

3v3 WildernessRoad: https://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/ ... ileid=2521
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Next Iteration of N3O FP 1.3 Beta Released!

Post by Soccerman771 »

^^ Isn't he missing something right underneath his name?

Just sayin'
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

I hope I can get it work on this computer, anyway good job men :D

@ soccer: Hmm I think Ive once tought to say something about that, but miraculously I forgot...

EDIT: Hmm when I click on the link it gives me an error, anyone else is facing these problems?
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
murdilator
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by murdilator »

Weird. I will try and upload it again.

EDIT: I will reload it to Age Sanctuary and post the link, because it will work their. Just follow the instructions from this post.

Here is the link, and the download works, and try and keep it silent there:

http://rts-sanctuary.com/index.php?port ... try2119024

regards,

murdilator
"Feel the Might of the Sioux!" - Gall, when fighting and defeating your army at his own base.

---------------

Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

No, I'm talking about where is says N3O member. IIRC it should say something else....
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
murdilator
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by murdilator »

I have re-uploaded a new file, with all kinds of bugs fixed, and with more of the suggestions. I went through with this because India was OP, and many other strings were messed up. However, there are some major improvements, some of which include, for civs,

Some General Changes:

* Musketeers units (most, not mercenary types) have about 8% to 10% less ranged attack. This includes Musketeers (21 dmg), Janissaries (20 dmg), Ashigaru (22 dmg), Sepoy (23 dmg, 14 hand), Consulate Redcoats (21 dmg), Consulate Stadhouders (21 dmg), Consulate Tufanci Corps (20 dmg), and Tomahawks (18 dmg).

* Hussars, Consulate Lifeguards, Consulate Baskirs, and Consulate Gardener armor reduced to 0.10.

* Halberdiers have 4.25 speed.

Dutch:

* +1 wood crate upon hitting colonial

Some on Iroquois:

*Musket Riders given 60 food, 95 coin, to keep some of their uniqueness

Some on India:

* +1 coin crate upon hitting colonial

* More balanced Agras and age ups.

* More balanced Rajput unit (170 HP, 15 dmg, 3.5x vs. cav, 2.8x vs. LI; Honored Rajput gives +50% armor (from 0.20 to 0.30), Dravidian Martial Arts Card gives Rajputs also +10% speed.)

* Sepoy ranged attack reduced to 23 (down from 25), hand attack reduced to 14 (down from 15).

* More balanced Zamburack unit (125 HP, 11 range; +1.0 range and LOS from Disciplined, +1.0 range and LOS from Honored)

* Native Trade Tax +1 Villager Card: Content replaced by Indian Infantry Combat, which gives Infantry +15% Hitpoints and Attack. This is available in Fortress Age for India. (The 14 Gurkha +1 Villager card was buggy and could be sent twice, once before Imperial and once in Imperial, in which case I found this card a better alternative, since it is not buggy at all).

* Monastery Crushing force tech gives Mahouts +1.0 Area. Mahout Area attack increased to 63 (up from 56), and trample reduced to 98 (down from 112) to compensate for this change.

* Sacred Fields: build limit set to 1 in Discovery Age, with 10 sacred cow build limit; 2 in Colonial Age, with 20 sacred cow build limit; and 3 in Fortress Age, with 30 sacred cow build limit.

Some on Japan:

* Yabusames changed as was, but now cost 80 food, 130 coin to remain their uniqueness

* Ashigaru ranged attack reduced to 22 (down from 24).

*Samurai bonus vs. cavalry reduced to 1.75x, bonus to LI reduced to 1.4x.

*Close Combat Card now gives all Japanese infantry more damage against cavalry.

* Yabusame Attack card now gives +25% damage and +0.5x bonus against cavalry, and +0.4x bonus against AbstractCoyoteMan.

* Yabusame Artillery attack change removed.

Some on Ottomans:

* Spahi armor boost removed

* Janissary ranged attack reduced to 20 (down from 21), and the previous changes (95 food, 25 coin cost, and 0.30 armor) have been removed.

* Abus Guns made 60 food, 90 coin

* Veteran Abus Guns no longer auto-upgrades upon hitting fortress.

Minor Natives:

* Maya Holcan spearman have 9 attack (up from 8), 3.5x LI cavalry (up from 3.0x), 2.8x vs. LI (up from 2.4x), and have 48 siege (up from 45).

* Chakrams have 0.6x penalty against cavalry (instead of 0.75x in previous version).

Bugs:

*Fixed quite a few more bugs, especially one with Skirmisher units not getting 0.75x multiplier against Tiger Claws and Rattan Shields.

--------------------------------------------------------

These are a preview of some the changes. There are still more mentioned in the patch notes. I have playtested a bit myself and see Spain and Japan competing with each other so far.

Enjoy til Christmas!

regards,

murdilator

---------------

jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

This is looking pretty awesome, gj !
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.