Update on "FP 1.3"

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

murdilator
N3O Member
N3O Member

Update on "FP 1.3"

Post by murdilator »

I just want to place an update on the Indian civ so far. I hope that you may see what I am planning to do. Something in Italics denotes that a change is not final and has to be tested. I have tested these things and am trying to make a decent, balanced, different civ, as India probably should be. They will be more a mix of the Spanish and Ottomans, with a French Fur Trade twist. Welcome to the new India.

India

General Changes:

- Rajput made 75 food, 35 wood, with 5.25 speed & 26 Train Points (on FP 1.2, they have 30 Train Points). (Balanced, but may need 27 or 28 Train points, since I thought that they had 34 and play-tested them with actually 26 Train Points)

- Flail Elephant made 135 food, 135 coin, with 350 HP, 5.0 speed, still 0.50 RR, 16 dmg w/ 3.5x bonus to artillery (14 x 4 = 56; 16 x 3.5 = 56). (Balanced)

- Siege Elephant made 250 wood, 350 coin, 0.40 armor, 4.25 speed, 6 pop (Balanced)

- Sowar speed reduced to 7.0. (Balanced)

- Mughal Architecture reduced to -15% Building cost and -35% Train Points.

-------------------------------

Specific Changes

- Gurkha disabled.

- Enlist Gurkhas card now enables Gurkha, plus sets Honored and Exalted Gurkha obtainable. The +1.00 bonus to HI bonus removed.

- Disciplined Gurkha gives +0.5x bonus to HI, and Honored gives +0.5x bonus to HI.

- Gurkha coin cost reduced to 45.

- Urumi Swordsman enabled in Age 3 (cost 160 food, 60 coin). Given 0.6x bonus to cavalry and light infantry. Bonus to ranged cavalry and xpEagleKnight increased to 2.5x. Speed increased to 4.80. 0.5x bonus added against villagers. 0.75x bonus against Artillery and Arrow Knights added.

- Dravidian Martial Arts card enables Urumi in Age 2 (Possibly, but not totally necessary).

- Sepoy attack possibly reduced to 22. Disciplined Sepoy gives a +0.15x ranged bonus to cavalry and Honored +0.20x bonus to Cavalry, for a total of 1.35x bonus. Range (not LOS) possibly Reduced to 10 or 11, with Disciplined Sepoy Giving +1.00 or +2.00 Range. (Not tested, but seems like a good change in theory. Sepoys were actually meant to have more HP than regular muskets, a ranged bonus to cavalry, but less range).

- Zamburacks moved to Age 3.

- Disciplined Zamburack auto-upgrades (needs testing, as a Gurkha/Zamb Combo could be killer, not to mention boosted Siege Elephants)

- Howdahs moved to Age 4. (Balanced)

- Mahouts gain +0.25x bonus to HI with Honored Mahout (needs testing, but this will give them a bigger role lategame, especially vs. Musketeers and Halberdiers. 64.4 x 1.5 = 96.6, minus hand resistance).

- Sowars are now affected by Professional Handlers card, making Sowars 1 population and Mansabder Sowars 3 Population. (Tested and Balanced)

- All Mansabders reworked to new stats (Rajput, Flail Elephant, Gurkha, Urumi, Sowar, Siege Elephant and Mahout Mansabders). (Tested and Balanced)

-------------------------------

Although this seems incredibly awkward, India is quite balanced. Having practically no skirmisher Unit in age 2 really weakens their rush game. However, this is replaced by a nice Rajput, Useful Flail Elephants, with Sepoy and a slightly nerfed Sowar support. The 10/10 is still extremely viable, but does not pack the punch if you can withstand the rush. Also, the Colonial Agra cannot train Urumi, if the Indian player wishes to ship Dravidian Martial Arts.

Are Urumi Shipments still useful? Yes, these are extremely useful, either as a consulate shipment of units, or just extra Urumi to support you in general. However, it is no longer mandatory to have them in your deck. The main problem here with India was that you had to order 9 Urumi & 1300 wood at the same time, but you only had 1 shipment. Now the 1300 wood will stock India lategame, along with another Native warrior shipment.

India will have a strong boom however, so players must realize how to fight India. The Rajput, Flail, Urumi, Gurkha, and Siege Elephants are tested and fair. However, the Aztecs will receive bonuses with Coyotes and Arrow Knights against Urumi, Such that Coyotes do 16 x 1.25 to Infantry, with 0.8x bonus to HI, and Arrow Knights get 3.5x bonus against Urumi.

Overall, this seems better to me.

regards,

murdilator
"Feel the Might of the Sioux!" - Gall, when fighting and defeating your army at his own base.

---------------

Scenario Design Competition Participant 2009:

3v3 WildernessRoad: https://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/ ... ileid=2521
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Update on "FP 1.3"

Post by jerom »

So that enlist Gurka card or something is age 3 iirc, so that would mean that india in this state can't counter a mass of HI too effectively, except for going pure sepoy but that would make them to weak to a 8 Xbow shipment or something
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
murdilator
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by murdilator »

Sorry I haven't had a chance to respond. The Urumi Card in Age 2 sounds decent, or maybe moving the Enlist Gurkhas Card to Age 2 as well (Maybe card switch from Enlist Gurkha --> TEAM Shivajis Tactics then that with Dravidian Martial Arts).

The fastest number of Urumi I've seen is 17 by 8:30. You are probably right about Gurkha though. I would somehow have to move that card to Age 2. However, having Flail Elephants with Rajputs and Sepoy support does do a lot of damage. Perhaps 25 Sepoy, 5 Flails, and 5 Urumi would be an effective Age 2 Army.

Now I want to post some ideas I had about China.

China

General Changes:

- Hand Mortar range reduced to 30, LOS to 32.

- Honored Hand Mortar adds +2.00 Range and LOS.

- Qiang Pikemen bonus to cavalry reduced to x4, x3.2 against Light Infantry

- Western Reforms Card, INSTEAD OF +8% Unit Stats, now gives Qiang Pikemen +1.0x bonus against Cav, +0.8x against LI, Changdao Swordsman +0.5 against Cav, Arquebesier +2.0 Range and LOS, plus all these units +10% speed.

- Old Han Reforms now forbids Old Han Armies, but enables Mandarin Armies. A Mandarin Army consists of 2 Iron Troops and 1 Manchu Horse Archer (560 coin). This army should be changed to 360 food, 220 coin. Also, Honored and Exalted upgrades for both units set obtainable. This should be an auto-upgrade. Also, Standard Army changed Reformed Standard Army, with possibly 2 Iron Troop (360 food) and 6 population count.

- Ming Combat also affects Iron Troops by 15% HP and Damage.

- Repelling Volley gives Iron Troops +0.25x bonus to HI and +10% damage.

These are some things I thought of for fun. At the moment, I am busy with ordinary things and should not be working much on this. I am sorry about that.

regards,

murdilator
"Feel the Might of the Sioux!" - Gall, when fighting and defeating your army at his own base.

---------------

murdilator
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by murdilator »

I have finalized things about India now. Gurkha change is unnecessary, and a couple other things need testing with real people. I am asking for playtesters now, but I can't get all the changes such as Flail Elephants attack all the way done.

General Change:

- All Skirmisher units get equivalent of +5% speed. All 4.0 speed units get 4.25 speed, and all 4.5 speed units get 4.8 speed. This affects Urumis, but does not affect crossbowmen. I think this will give a slight boost to skirms early on, but may have to be tested a bit.

General Consulate:

Portuguese Consulate changed to -10% Ship and non-building coin costs. This balances this consulate ally out a lot, especially for Japan, and gives India a nice boost on water where they need it.

India

Military Balance:

- Rajputs standardized at 80 food, 35 wood, XP Bounty reduced to 12. Hitpoints increased to 185, speed to 5.25. Train Points reduced to 28.

- Mahout cost reduced to 350 food, 250 wood. XP Bounty reduced to 12. Mahouts gain only +0.15x bonus to HI with Honored Mahout (equivalent to 1.3x bonus, which cancels out armor).

- Flail Elephant cost changed to 170 food, 170 coin. XP Bounty increased to 34. Hitpoints increased to 375, armor reduced to 0.40, speed increased to 5.0, attack increased to 18 (42 caption), with x3 to artillery (the same as 14x4 = 56).

- Siege Elephant cost reduced to 250 wood, 350 coin. XP Bounty reduced to 60. Armor increased to 0.40, speed to 4.25.

- Zamburacks moved to Age 3. Disciplined DOES NOT auto-upgrade. Cost changed to 55 food, 65 coin (balances out Indian Economy more).

- ypHCGurkha Aid card also gives Gurkha +10% Damage, sets Rifling Tech active (for native warriors), and gives Gurkha +0.5x against Ranged cavalry.

Economy:

- Mughal Architecture now gives -15% Building cost and -35% Train Points. Combined with Port consulate, it gives equivalent of -24.5% cost to buildings. Also, instead of walls building in 2.5 seconds, then will build in about 3.25 seconds iirc wall Train Points.

------------

I should upload some screenshots of what it looks like, as I am testing on TAD 1.0. A possible Rajput strategy is putting 8 vils to wood, then building 4 onto food, moving 4 of the wood vils to food, and aging up with about 15-17 villagers with the Karni Mata. The First card generally would be a wood card, but could be Brahmin or TEAM Trickle. During this time you would move 2 more vils to wood and age up with 8 vils on the wonder. You would ally with Portuguese consulate for cheaper structures. Next would be to build a market, and upgrade some stuff there. Second card would be 600 wood, then 300 Export or 700 food or 5 Sepoy. Building Rajputs is fair and slightly spammable, and you end up with a good, solid economy at 7:30, with 15 Rajputs, 5 Sepoy, and 4 Sowar. You have about maybe 35 villagers as well, and maybe a castle or something. You can make a larger attack by building 10 more Gurkha and ordering TEAM 2 Flail Elephants. The big plus here is that castles could train Flail Elephants, so the cost of 135 food and 135 coin proved to be a bit OP in a long early siege. 170 food and 170 coin with slightly improved HP and decent amount more attack solidifies this early unit into more like the Chinese Flamethrower, but for India. Perhaps a turtle would be more affective as well. I have been testing a nerfed Japan as well, and 130 HP Ashigarus with 0.10 armor, 4.25 speed, 65 food, 35 coin, and 18 ranged attack and 11 hand x2.8 to cav seems good, as well as 1 Monk and 150 wood Shrines. Also, Diaymos at +8% attack aura with Golden Pavilion +8% ranged attack aura is good. I will mention more of that later.

regards,

murdilator

---------------