Two Interesting Cards Found

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

murdilator
N3O Member
N3O Member

Two Interesting Cards Found

Post by murdilator »

Hello all, I have recently found two cards that were left out of the game, and would have been extremely useful to their relevant teams. They are:

ypHCInfantryCombatIndians, which gives all Indian infantry, including Sepoy, Rajput, Gurkha, Urumi, Chakram, and Tiger Claws +15% HP and Attack, and,

HCCavalryHitpointsOttomanTEAM, which probably gives +10% or +15% HP to cavalry; I have not tested it, and it may be another card ingame.

Now I must say that these are interesting, and even the type of cards the civs both lack (or lacked), but for India at least, Infantry combat would be OP. If it was +10% It might have been ok, but for what I guess, this is what ES talked about when saying of the Sepoy, "we removed their ranged bonus to cav because they were too OP," and rightly so.

As for the Ottomans, TEAM Cav HP would be miraculous, and the Ottos would have a much better team gameplay -- even to the extent of OP, with a French, Indian, or Sioux teammate.

I can test them out in the editor and make them active. Also, I have heard rumors of two or three other cards not implemented - one for Japan and one for China, but I have not seen them of yet. What do you guys think about this?

regards,

murdilator
"Feel the Might of the Sioux!" - Gall, when fighting and defeating your army at his own base.

---------------

Scenario Design Competition Participant 2009:

3v3 WildernessRoad: https://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/ ... ileid=2521
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Two Interesting Cards Found

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Nah it wasn't too OP, they should have given Sepoys 190 hp 16 rng atk x2 vs cav on range and 15 atk x3 vs cav in melee and it would be fine. They were just too lazy to test it.
murdilator
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Two Interesting Cards Found

Post by murdilator »

I'd actually agree with you somewhat. Maybe 22 attack standard in Colonial, and let Disciplined give +0.35x ranged bonus to cavalry and +0.25x bonus to Light Infantry. That would be about 30 dmg to cav and 27 to Light Infantry, but actually, the lower attack, higher multiplier was not a bad idea.
"Feel the Might of the Sioux!" - Gall, when fighting and defeating your army at his own base.

---------------

Scenario Design Competition Participant 2009:

3v3 WildernessRoad: https://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/ ... ileid=2521