General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Robot Entertainment Forums

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

for anybody who might be interested.
robot entertainment is definitely a closed case for me ;)

http://robotentertainment.com/community

also infos about 1 of 2 games they're working on:
http://kotaku.com/5582009/ex+age-of-emp ... +%28Kotaku
Last edited by Aaryn_GenD on Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bart331
Major
Major

Re: Robot Entertainment Forums

Post by Bart331 »

**** RE :)

still vague plans, i am giving up on them. Why cant they just say what they are doing?
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

What if we make AoE4 ourself :D
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

what do you mean a closed case?

I feel at least one of those games has to be age related, being published my microsoft and all. I think its smart not to say anything yet. Rather make everyone guess and hype it up while they let the SC2 hype die down before officially announcing it.

I'll probably get SC2 to fill my RTS need, but I will drop it right away when the next age of game comes out
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""etrips888""]what do you mean a closed case?[/quote]

with that i meant i don't care what they are doing, they took too long, closed case for me, game over :-P
the game looks so cartoonish and if it is indeed an RTS, it is extremely RPG-like with quests and crafts lol^^
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

lol took too long? TAD isn't even that old..i mean if you want to flame a company for waiting to long, sc2 took what, 10 years?

And as for the screenshot, I assumed that was the other project. I mean if it was age of empires, wouldn't they say age of empires on the screen? Just my interpretation anyway..

gogo aoe4!

edit: saw the SS had the microsoft logo on it..but I still feel a bit uneasy about taking this to be completely true. Only time will tell I guess
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""etrips888""]lol took too long? TAD isn't even that old..i mean if you want to flame a company for waiting to long, sc2 took what, 10 years?[/quote]

TAD is nearly 3 years old..
And as for the screenshot, I assumed that was the other project. I mean if it was age of empires, wouldn't they say age of empires on the screen? Just my interpretation anyway..

gogo aoe4!

edit: saw the SS had the microsoft logo on it..but I still feel a bit uneasy about taking this to be completely true. Only time will tell I guess
you did not understand me. "i don't care" not because they took too long, but what they published is also crap.
it is NOT age of empires and there won't be aoe4 nor will there be aom2
in the near future.

look what they wrote on their forums.
Q: What is the deal with Age of Empires 4/Age of Mythology 2?
A: Microsoft owns the intellectual property rights to the Age Series and plans for the future of that series will be determined by Microsoft Game Studios.

and as we can see this spartan rpg/rts mix is this so-called game from microsoft, the other one robot is working on is not even an rts

this is just some stupid jackass game you play for 2 weeks then uninstall
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

But all of this is "crap" talk and that its going to be a horrible game is just coming from a single SS that may not even represent the game whatsoever. Just pure speculation

Yeah it could turn out to be a bad game, but its a little premature to write off a game before its even been announced..
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

I have to agree with etrips. This is an ALPHA launcher. It is just a pic with a button to start the game.
Since this doesn't make it into the game because it is only a helper to start the game, one artist made fast a graphics so u just don't see only a button or command line.
Since this picture got outside, it means it was a demo for their producer, i guess.
And conclusions about the game based on such is a picture are a bit farfetched IMO
[NerVe]hclugano
Conscript
Conscript

Post by [NerVe]hclugano »

a) Spartan is definitely a code-name, after all it's an "open" alpha as anyone can apply for it, they wouldn't want to reveal too much yet.
b) It HAS to be AoE 4/AoM 2, MS closed down ES, what other reason than these two games would they have to work with MS again?
edit: it also certainly has to be an RTS game, application for alpha asks for other RTS games you've played
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

well at least there is happening something
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

Hmm. I saw this a couple of days ago, but today it appears to have been updated with the following line:

UPDATE - We've now heard that despite the cute appearance, this game has a lot in common with - surprise, surprise - Age of Empires, taking the core gameplay of Ensemble's old series and giving it a visual...well, if not update, then change in direction.