Outlaws and Mercenaries.

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Outlaws and Mercenaries.

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""GeneralMichael""]Does anybody know or have a list of what maps have what outlaws?[/quote]

yup i have one. i took it from cyclohexanes wonderful encyclopedia

[quote=""36drew""]Lil bombards are sick. They don't have a negative multiplier vs cav or ranged cav. I've literally witnessed a lil bombard kill 16 ruyter in one hit. I watched the rec twice to confirm.[/quote]

ye never trust your eyes :-P
NitroZ
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: somegreekguy

Post by NitroZ »

[quote=""36drew""]Lil bombards are sick. They don't have a negative multiplier vs cav or ranged cav. I've literally witnessed a lil bombard kill 16 ruyter in one hit. I watched the rec twice to confirm.[/quote]

have u ever seen a group of 15 lil bombards whipe out 50 uhlans in under 3 seconds :D?
Bart331
Major
Major

Post by Bart331 »

xD

arent lil bombards really slow and really expensive?
esam709
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by esam709 »

One of the most fun games I played was when in a FFA my 10 imperial horse artillery encountered a non-stop strelet spam, I really can't imagine 16 ruyters getting killed with a single lil' bombard, much less 15 lil' bombards in a game at the same time. Is that even possible? How much population does a lil' bombard cost?

And if I understood correctly, outlaws are fixed for each map, but mercenaries are random, so both players get the same mercenaries? Or in a team game, all the players get the same mercenaries?
NitroZ
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: somegreekguy

Post by NitroZ »

lil bombards are 8 pop and cost 1.2k goldea(most lil bombards possible is 25 at once for 1 player).

outlaws can sometimes vary iir(some outlaws will always be on a certain map.e.g(on gp there will always be a renegado, on siberia there will always be roku ronin.cant remember the rest of outlaws from the top of my head). The mercenaries are the same for every person on map regardless of team/civ.

only exception to that is the advanced saloon/monestary card that will enable a special mercenary to be trained from the saloon(euro) and monestary(asian)

euro = ronin
china = iron troop
japan = yoshimbo(spelt inccorectly prolly)
india = repentant lancer
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

ye iron troops, yojimbos and Jat-Lancers.

iron troops are rgeat but not needed for china tehy already got nice ri (iron troops plus is their rr and rof)
yojimbos are great but underused and you already have nice anticav with ashigarus
jat lancers are strong lancers but too expensive (400coin)
murdilator
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by murdilator »

Man, I made a scenario called 'Napoleonic Wars' where I made Nepal, Swedish, Swiss, Italians, and Finnish. Nepal got good Gurkha, Jat Lancers, and Arsonists, Swedish got Imperial Fusiliers, Swiss got Imperial Swiss Pikes, Italians got Imperial Elmeti and Imperial Lil Bombards (800 dmg!) and the Finnish got Imperial Hackapells and skirms. The Swedes were based from Dutch, Swiss from Germans, Italians from Spain (had Cacadores, no buildable rods), and Finnish from Russia. I also priced them reasonably. I had to do some balance of them, and I will upload the scenario here for fun. This is the first scenario where I used the custom Indian consulate as an active, though not fully complete consulate ally.

O, and BTW: Nitroz did have fun making a livestock rush. I still have the screenshot of that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Feel the Might of the Sioux!" - Gall, when fighting and defeating your army at his own base.

---------------

Scenario Design Competition Participant 2009:

3v3 WildernessRoad: https://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/ ... ileid=2521