Things I wish the game did...

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Highlander999
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: Things I wish the game did...

Post by Highlander999 »

[quote=""Soccerman771""]Another one I've wish the game had. How about being able to set a game limit time (similar to AOK) where the game ended after 1 hour, 2 hours, etc. I usually can't sit at a computer more than 2 hours on the same game and it has caused undeserved losses where there were stalemates and I had things come up.

The other option would be to cancel the the game mid-stream, where both parties would have to agree on a stalemate. Though I don't think this would be used that often, if ever.[/quote]

[quote=""Cyclohexane""]I would just like the clan list to show online / offline status so you would not have to constantly update your friend list. You could then use your friend list for guys outside the clan.

As far as in-game experiences, I really like how Battle for Middle Earth II handles cavalry. The cavalry just runs right through the infantry (see little guys flying around being charged over). There is no cavalry path finding issues in BFMEII, you point and click and they attack the group breaking the formation, not the first few guys in the line while the rear cavalry runs around trying to get to the same guys.[/quote]

Both these ideas would be good, but I love those really long games where whether you win or loose you still get the satisfaction of a good game. Hexane's idea would be pretty easy to implement as well, so hopefully it will get noticed.
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Re: Things I wish the game did...

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

[quote=""Cyclohexane""]I would just like the clan list to show online / offline status so you would not have to constantly update your friend list. You could then use your friend list for guys outside the clan.

As far as in-game experiences, I really like how Battle for Middle Earth II handles cavalry. The cavalry just runs right through the infantry (see little guys flying around being charged over). There is no cavalry path finding issues in BFMEII, you point and click and they attack the group breaking the formation, not the first few guys in the line while the rear cavalry runs around trying to get to the same guys.[/quote]

I agree with all of that. Online/off-line status would be great!

I just said something about cav pathing issues in the CHAOS vs Strokey tournament game after watching the rec. His cav died badly to mace and most of the time they never made it to them. Some serious issues regarding cav pathing.
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n