Did I resign to early...?

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Did I resign to early...?

Post by luukje »

OK guys, this weekend I was playing some 3v3, non fanpatch.
I get a game, map is deccan, my team is 3 second LT (aztec, port and brit) and we got to play vs 2 first LT and a second (Iro, france and brit. My first thought is "this is not going to be easy".
We start out and the strategy is the portugese going FF for organs, two others defend.

We decide to forward 1/3 into the plateau and just before aging spot their forward build about 1/3 into the plateau to. They age pretty quick and do a quick rush. I see them coming and quickly start building a second warhut. I never see any units or barraks from my team, somewhere they decided to pull back a bit and defend the entrance to the plateau. My two warhuts get destroyed quickly and i loose my units being build, warchief and warpriest. Other mistake, out of habit, i sended team 3 villagers, great card but not when you need military.
Ive got nothing left, some food and gold I had for building pumas, but no wood and nothing in economy.

So I think, ive got nothing, they have a pretty nice army almost in our base by now, my teammates have nothing, the opponents have the better team, hopeless, and I resign.

http://www.agecommunity.com/stats/GameS ... _Supremacy

After the game, both my teammates start whispering me what a noob I am for resigning so early, calling me really ugly things and even more, gettin me jetted out from anymore games I wanted to play sunday afternoon by informing all others players what an incredible noob I am and how i should be kicked out. So I felt really crap.

So the question, did I resign to early?
I really cant see how we would have gotten back into the game?
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Did I resign to early...?

Post by huGGy »

Don't know. You should communicate it with them. But i think you would have lost the game. Not a good behaviour by them, though :/

Just a little tip: If you plan to defend a FF, defending the entrance to the pateau is the easiest way. Try to abuse walls and that stuff.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Luukje,

Don't worry about what the 13 year olds think. You're not a noob. More than likely if you lost 2 war huts as Aztec on Deccan, it's GG. Sounds like your teammates weren't very good.

Looking at the stats - I know the Razor and IR guy. They both stink. I personally never play a game if Razor is there, he's that bad. They had 15 tomas, 7 aenna's, 3 kanya's, 11 hussars, and 15 longbows to your teams 2 organs and 7 hussars. It was gg.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
wicked_assassin
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by wicked_assassin »

Just pest those guys, some people try to much.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

forget those idiots luukje

next time you are on eso , whisper me and we can do 2v2 vs. them and put those clowns in their places

taunt 21
- Dan
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

what Dan said :D
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

what Chaos said :)

out
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

Ir3alist is normaly ok, I've played quite a lot with him. Jake_FM I've played quite a few with (he loves Brits even omre than I do... can you believe it??).

The others I don't recognise. I think in a situation like that, yes... perhaps it is hopeless, but I always try to not be the first to resign. And communicate more with the players on my team. Seriously though, everyone has games like that, it will be forgotten pretty quickly.
thanster
Corporal
Corporal

Post by thanster »

ive actually had my whole town destoyed b4 and then resigned and still got ***** at O_o
Charge you cowards! no one lives forever! - unknown platoon sargeant, 1917
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Sorry you had that experience, luukje. I hate it when that happens; it makes you feel really bad.

Anyway, you made the right decision, no matter what they typed afterward. Still, when a game is hopeless, I always write "gg?" to my team before bailing out. They really had no business flaming you for being the only one on the team who held to the plan. But ESO generally does not follow the law of reason; it follows something else, something darker and more maddening.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

hey luukje, i think the reason why they were so btichy was that you didn't build a single unit because your 2 warhuts went down so fast.
didn't you let your warrior priest on the firepit?

anyway forget them, and move on ;-)
luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by luukje »

thnx guys. N3O sometimes keeps me goin.
I just didnt feel like a heroic but hopeless last stand in this game.
Normally im the last to resign.

Im generally not the biggest talker in the game and somehow people like to single me out as the cause my team lost a game.
But i just dont have the time to type to much - Im busy playing the game to much - and i dont feel like telling other players to tell them how to play.

Maybe I should try fanpatch and play more clangames,lol.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""luukje""]thnx guys. N3O sometimes keeps me goin.
I just didnt feel like a heroic but hopeless last stand in this game.
Normally im the last to resign.

Im generally not the biggest talker in the game and somehow people like to single me out as the cause my team lost a game.
But i just dont have the time to type to much - Im busy playing the game to much - and i dont feel like telling other players to tell them how to play.

Maybe I should try fanpatch and play more clangames,lol.[/quote]

I strongly recommend this if you want to rediscover fun in AOE.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

Sometime ago, mayB early last year, a very interesting thread came up. It was about the game and the way this clan contributes to the gaming scene. It was asked if we (the clan members) would still b playing this game if it were´nt for the clan.

At that time I rushed into the thread and posted something like "..dont b stupid, this clan is fun n all and I luv it here but its my luv for the game itself that keeps me going, blah blah blah..."

I regret 2 inform that I am no longer in agreement with my own thoughts and statement. Luukje I play a couple of non clan games a week, mayB a total of 1 out of every 15 games is without a single clan member and NON of those are half as much fun as playing clan games (regardless of patch tbh!). If it were´nt for N3O I would have found a new way of keeping my gaming Seratonin levels at full max. It is the family spirit that we maintain. Most of us know each other rather well, and due to timezone constrictions mostly, we endure smaller groups of members that play each other on a regular, almost daily, basis.

Every now and again I take my AoE CD out bcos something new has come up which Id like 2 test or an old game Id like 2 redo (Castle Wolfenstein would b Nº1 choice here) but in the end, mayb 2 or even 10 days later, my AoE CD will always find its way back into the drive. And the reason that happens is bcos I miss the guys I so enjoy playing with. And every time one, or several, of my American co-members show up it resembles christmas day, even if it is only for a couple of games.

In fact I find that alot of members, more than would like 2 admit, log on 2 ESO, only 2 check if certain names on their friends are green or not and leave, often without greeting the few people that were online at the time. So what they are doing is wanting 2 play a game but with certain people, and that is what I like about N3O, there is always some1 representing some time zone, there are just so many of us out there and almost all feel this way and keep upholding this posture.

out
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

you speak the truth lazy

this same time last year i was soo fed up with this game , sick of the random arses and never ending series of lamers that plagued ESO.

then i met L&C and he mentioned to me of N3O.

needless to say what you all know what happened from that day on , so if you must ....blame L&C :P

j/k ofc , but seriosly

N3O is what keeps me interested in this game , be it the fun clan games , great 1v1s with clanmembers , and the great and friendly attitude that the core of this clan posses

and a big +1 to kaiser's post :D
- Dan