what!!!! someone beat me with a revolt!?!?!?!

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: what!!!! someone beat me with a revolt!?!?!?!

Post by deadhanddan »

[quote=""36drew""]Semi-FR is much harder to beat. Just ask DHD.[/quote] that it is :(

maps with berries , high crates, or even large maps can be a pain in the arse to deal with. asian maps are ripe for revolt such as yellow river ( wet ) , u can lame the two tp routes , rattans , iron clads with long shot to soften up enemy base before the imperial grade huss and CM roll in.

i say ''rattan'' because they are dirt cheap , very good when teched up , and have the very lame but coveted *abstract cav* tag that pike and dragoon dread so much
- Dan
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""wicked_assassin""]drew only one solution: unitstall the game lol[/quote]

[quote=""wicked_assassin""]Don't worry about it lol, it's quite normal that you lose once in a while vs lower ranked players.

Doesn't matter if you would only lose 1 game in a BO5 or BO 7 vs them.[/quote]

me thinks you mixed up things a bit ;)
drew never lost to a revolt by dhd, but vice versa :-)
he beat dan with it once i remember
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""Lost_my_hope""]Revolt is lame. If they do it, they own me. If I do it, they also own me.
PS what does FTPW mean? For the plain win?[/quote]

Haha, good guess. It means "For the Protestant Win." I came up with it when discussing various winning strategies involving my favorite Northern European Protestant civs, namely, the Germans, Dutch and British :D

Yet another Kaiser coinage floating around the forums 8)
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""deadhanddan""][quote=""36drew""]Semi-FR is much harder to beat. Just ask DHD.[/quote] that it is :(

maps with berries , high crates, or even large maps can be a pain in the arse to deal with. asian maps are ripe for revolt such as yellow river ( wet ) , u can lame the two tp routes , rattans , iron clads with long shot to soften up enemy base before the imperial grade huss and CM roll in.

i say ''rattan'' because they are dirt cheap , very good when teched up , and have the very lame but coveted *abstract cav* tag that pike and dragoon dread so much[/quote]

Question. What exactly does the abstract cav tag mean? I never really understood.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

its that weirdo tag thing that causes anti cav to deal out lesser damage then normal because abstract cav such as rattan are not actually cav.
- Dan
gendarme
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by gendarme »

You mean light infantry?
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

[quote=""36drew""][quote=""deadhanddan""][quote=""36drew""]Semi-FR is much harder to beat. Just ask DHD.[/quote] that it is :(

i say ''rattan'' because they are dirt cheap , very good when teched up , and have the very lame but coveted *abstract cav* tag that pike and dragoon dread so much[/quote]

Question. What exactly does the abstract cav tag mean? I never really understood.[/quote]

Abstract cav alone without hand cavalry tag means that even though pikes, musks and colonial militia have their bonuses vs them, dragoons and other ranged cav don't (this is meant so that dragoons don't counter other dragoons and kill each other like flies in a matter of secs, however, rattans are clearly not the case)
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

I dont see it as a balance issue tho
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Rattans can be a pain :x it doesn't matter a lot tho cause no one cares about natives