I really need the fan patch.....

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

thanster
Corporal
Corporal

I really need the fan patch.....

Post by thanster »

Sigh, im so sick of getting totally ass own by iro lamers. :mad: Thier rush is way too op, 16 tomas at around 5 minutes. wth!?!?! and then when you are sure they are going to rush, they go to fort asap and get op forest prowlers. :roll: Some of the civs just have unfair advantages imho. MY favorite civ, poor little france, get wth own :(

Can someone give me a link to a site with VERY detailed instructions on installing the FP or maybe just write them themselves? Im totally computer illiterate so if u start spamming words like modem megabite harddrive storage, i will just stop reading 8) So anyway.....
Charge you cowards! no one lives forever! - unknown platoon sargeant, 1917
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: I really need the fan patch.....

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

you have a good chance with france vs iro (ok ok that was a lie not good but a decent chance)

i guess my explanations went positive for quite a few people, i gues someone of them who it helped will link it soon

but beware, you can only use the fp with other clan members or ppl you know who have it.
if you randomly host a game with it you can wait hours, nobody will join
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

French and Germans do good (or ok) vs Iros.
Lost_my_hope
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Lost_my_hope »

Age up as early as possible, gather food from cows if you have them, then build xbows and 5 pikes for their kanyas, and make sure you can send minutemen when they attack; those are OP :)
Vivian Stanshall, about 3 o'clock in the morning, Oxfordshire, 1973... good night.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Agree with Lost... start with pikes for the Kanyas, stay near base to take advantage of TC fire and duel them in colonial from two rax, later stable. If they keep up pressure, their econ suffers. You can eventually pull away and outspam them... at least, that has been my German experience with them.

But don't get me wrong: They have a nasty, nasty rush with their lame HP-boosting chief. I hate them almost as much as Aztecs. Don't forget CM if you suspect a really nasty, quick rush.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Lost_my_hope
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Lost_my_hope »

I think Teutonic TC is better than CM; if you're being rushed hard I doubt you will have the massive cash required for the extra minutemen.
Vivian Stanshall, about 3 o'clock in the morning, Oxfordshire, 1973... good night.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

[quote=""Lost_my_hope""]I think Teutonic TC is better than CM; if you're being rushed hard I doubt you will have the massive cash required for the extra minutemen.[/quote]

Good point. Here's a question first, then a complaint.

QUESTION: Does the FP affect the number of vils you need in the TC to get 135 attack with the Teutonic TC card? The FP affected CM and makes you put 15 vils in there before you get 135 attack. In the old days, you only needed 10. Is that still the case with the German card?

COMPLAINT : I think it's stupid that SWs only count as 1 vil for TC fire purposes. They cost 2 pop and gather as 2 vils, so why the hell can't they shoot as 2 vils from the TC??? In game terms, this really lowers TC fire effectiveness, because the Germans always have far fewer "regular settlers" than other civs in the early minutes. That makes it harder to get the high attack numbers from the TC without putting EVERYONE in it.

I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

@ Kaiser: only CM was changed, all similar cards like Teutonic TC or the asian copies are unchanged.

About the SW: they also take only 1 pop on farms ? plantations, so I think it's okay. The french cdb also just count as 1 pop, although they are a bit better than 1 vil
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

^ That's a relief. My new anti-Aztec strat involves the Teutonic TC, so it's good to know it didn't change from the old days.

And yes, SWs only cost 1 pop spot at mills/plantations but gather as 2 vils (or even more--actually, 2.7 vils--if you've sent the Guild Artisans card!) I just wish they did 2 pop worth of damage from the TC.

Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

they count as 1pop in tc as tc fire cuz of the donkeys! :P
or did you ever see a donkey shoot ;)