The thing i've noticed about Brig ++ players...

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: The thing i've noticed about Brig ++ players...

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Bah, I was in my senior year of high school :?
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
ckei
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by ckei »

[quote=""thanster""]i was 4...... ;)[/quote]
Same ;)
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""][quote=""Aaryn_GenD""]in this game, i say experience is the true value. couple that with a decent amount of speed of course.

i think that there is not that much of a great margin between the players, in other games this is far more extreme,
here drew could win against a top player after like 10-15 tries, in a game like wc3 no chance at all, you can play 1000 times you won't win a single one if you're not a top playe yourself ofc

the harder a game is to play, the more skilled players are there.
i heard the best guys left this game in early 2006.. so hardly half a year

that is the reason why sc, counterstrike and wc3 are present at every WCG or every tournament, it was really a nice chance for aoe3 to be in WCG 2 times[/quote]

Not true, don't forget that aoc and aom went to wcg quite often too. It's just the difference between Valve and Blizzard vs Microsoft, that is the crap thing to ever come to the gaming industry in terms of making business. Do you guys remember any Microsoft sponsored tourney? I remember only one and it was a miracle done with a great deal of help by Saint Solus in twc.

wc3 is a matter of micro, that game is so micro dependent that you have a Hero with different spells, units that also have some weird spells, a villager pop of around 30-40 max if memory doesn't fail and your army will never be much bigger than 30 units. The economy is so simple in comparison to aoe3 and aoc that it feels the game is missing something. The faster maniac wins? meh... Also, in an RTS I don't expect to have to level up a Hero to get better spells :\[/quote]

aom and aoc were alot harder to play than simplified aoe3, there were tons of threads i saw at the beginning of the game critcizing aoe3 is for newbs.
also the times back then were totally different, playing an online gameswas something special, nowadayplaying online games is like standard
and yes, blizzard is miles ahead of microsoft coming to "How do i support the online community of my freshly released game?"
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

I agree, but the game isn't there because there's no interest in it from a lot of people. Yes, I think anyone should see an aoc expert playing. The keyboard is a machine gun, like totally wth
Macabee
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Macabee »

[quote=""deadhanddan""]there was a movie made about such a thing called '' johny Mneumonic '' starring Keanu Reeves who plays as a digital info smuggler[/quote]

Funny think is, it's about a guy that smuggled insane amounts of data in his brain. I read recently that the human brain holds like 350 megs. lol

Mac
thanster
Corporal
Corporal

Post by thanster »

there are drives out there that hold 5 terabites..... huge...... O_O

that was random :)
Charge you cowards! no one lives forever! - unknown platoon sargeant, 1917