Some players are just so XXXXXXXXX!

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Some players are just so XXXXXXXXX!

Post by luukje »

Played some 3v3 last nite with dutch. Won a few and lost a few.

Last game I had this guy bossing me around "build skirmisher, noob" and stuff like that. But I had lot of succes with hussars, so I do my thing. He is probably a better player than me (it was PR 24 and Im 23, but im a bit overrated).

All game long he keeps stalking me, calling me al kind of things and even when we get the win he's still calling me a noob and we won but not because of you and things like that.

Why do people get so excited? It kinda ruins everything and even more, last time somebody was doing this, I just quit and got him a loss. I was this close do doing that again.

When I checked my eso, I had beaten this guy twice that day, with my stupid hussars.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Some players are just so XXXXXXXXX!

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

well, the game is full of immature kids, nothing you can change about that

just try to avoid em or pay no attention to what they say.

Playing with/against people you know also helps :D
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Welcome to the Internet!

:)
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ZoRPrimE »

Because you never know when it's THIS KID at the other end of the Internet. I've seen a dozen or so players like you describe in my team game days.

I've had a few guys be a bit bossy but boy did they know what they were doing. Litterally taught me to micro abus on the fly for a specific sioux/otto strat. Worked great too.
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

translated version

that kid needs some morphine ASAP rofl
Cyclohexane
Honorary Officer

Post by Cyclohexane »

The kid doesn't need drugs, >I think a good hard slap in the face would work just fine.<

Is there a way to squelch someone in-game?
Last edited by Cyclohexane on Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell out of the way!

QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON:
AOE3 TWC TAD Quick Reference & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Wow. What a punk.

Solution: Only play with fellow members of N3O.
Groovy.
jakinator

Post by jakinator »

That's one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time. Sure hope he doesn't have access to guns...or anything sharp for that matter.

I gotta go hug my kids...
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

LOL jack, good idea.

Yeah, that's really why we created N3O 7 years ago. As a respite from the internet retards. There are so many that there needs to be a place to escape them. It never amazes me when I run into a complete ahole. They're usually little kiddies or just losers nthat can only feel good about themselves by putting someone else down because they know they're losers.

You should put him on your pest list and post his name here so that everyone else can too.
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Example: LegoGL and I were doing a 2v2 and 2 sergeants came in. They seemed like nice guys. Cause we were such higher ranks than them, I offered an unrated, went India, and didn't try at all. They came out on top with their strong late-game civs but I pulled off a trade monopoly with his musketeers 20 feet away from my TP. (They both spammed heavy inf and India has nothing against a late-game heavy inf spam) Anyway, they called me a noob (I was double their rank) and so on and so forth, calling me a ***** and a noob and saying I didn't win like a man (Yet I killed them 4 to 1). Anyway, I said let's have a 2v1. I got Hispaniola, which means unraidable booming for them due to my comp's lack of graphics capability. I almost took them both down with the Ports, but two massive screwups on my part lost me the game. I then said that means I am not quite twice as good as them (they were trash-talking the whole game), and they began the whole insulting thing over again. Noob, *****, *****, etc.

Case in point: anyone under 30 is an idiot.
Groovy.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""Navarone_Guy""]Case in point: anyone under 30 is an idiot.[/quote]

starting countdown: 142 days remaining as idiot :D
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

[quote=""Navarone_Guy""]Case in point: anyone under 30 is an idiot.[/quote]

Don't you mean "anyone ELSE under 30"? ;)

And, around here, if someone doesn't fit, they kind of find out quickly and they don't last long.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

Some people are absolutely beligerent idiots. I played a game last night in QS and the person went nuts at the end of the game. I had QS set to +/- 7 and he was right at the end of -7. The matchup was otto (me) vs. aztec on BAYOU. Tough map regardless of the civ I would have to face. Nonetheless he had me at the loosing half of a 90-59 score at about 7:00 minutes due to a triple big button jaguar rush that literally ate my 20 jannies for breakfast. I said GG as a mental trick for him to stop trying but I kept playing my best. I somehow managed to come back and eat away his huge army of mace, jaguars, and coyote with some abus which came later (and A LOT) of micro. I then said GG again as I had wiped out his entire army, villagers, and base. He says "Apparently to become a higher ranked player you have to also become a *****." He then goes to ESO and pests me.

I'm not sure what I did was out of line. Whether or not it got me the win I don't know, but if it mentally took his edge out of playing his best, more power to me. It's not poor sportsmanship, it's smary. I took a SS which I should post when I get home.
kingchrisII
Colonel
Colonel

Post by kingchrisII »

hehe, nice play drew i hate it when someoe says gg for you!!!!

the funniest thing was, my mate ashis spammed and i besterio spammed and we won and one of them bloomin lagged out!!!!
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""36drew""] I said GG as a mental trick for him to stop trying but I kept playing my best. ... I then said GG again as I had wiped out his entire army, villagers, and base. [/quote]

to be honest, that would piss me off too.
NEVER say GG until someone has resigned.

just my opinion