Why Doesn't Anyone Play German Anymore?

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

36drew
Honorary Officer

Re: Why Doesn't Anyone Play German Anymore?

Post by 36drew »

Germans are a underutilized civ. Free uhlans is just awesome. I win many games with only a barracks because of free cav + shipments.
Lost_my_hope
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Lost_my_hope »

I do think that shipments also take longer to arrive for the Germans, but I'm not completely sure.
Vivian Stanshall, about 3 o'clock in the morning, Oxfordshire, 1973... good night.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""Lost_my_hope""]I do think that shipments also take longer to arrive for the Germans, but I'm not completely sure.[/quote]

Nah. All shipments take the same amount of time (30 seconds) to come from the home city once they are clicked. This is regardless of civilzation. Germany requires more XP to earn shipments though. I can't recall the exact number but the information in previous posts by lisbon looks about right.

The one exception is merc shipments which require 60 seconds to arrive from the HC. Spahi are also counted as mercs. As for other unique units like urmui, i'm not sure.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

All shipments take 40 secs to arrive, except mercs and spahis which take 60 secs.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]All shipments take 40 secs to arrive, except mercs and spahis which take 60 secs.[/quote]

i thought spahis wer 40secs in re, but the fp changed it ti 60secs making spahi ff weaker :roll:
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

im glad spahi ff on fp is weaker , seriously broken unit if you think about them. 60 sec ship time for 5 units that are gaurd level stats in age 3 for only 1k food is still an absurd bargain.
- Dan
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Nice posts about shipment times and XP values for shipments. I always knew there were some distinctions among the civs, but never had the precise data on them.

@ Chris: I think the Germans do well against the French, although the French double rax xbow/pike is a little better early, I find. If ever one civ countered another, though, I still think Germans are the perfect counter to Russia. Those weak muskets can't stand up to uhlans in sufficient numbers, and because they don't get a musket shipment, you can quickly overpower 10 trained muskets with 12 uhlans around 7:00. If they build any strels, you wipe out everything they have in an instant. They have to rely on 8-9 cossacks for anti-cav, and 1v1, uhlan > cossack.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)