Done for now.

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Warlord678
Corporal
Corporal

Done for now.

Post by Warlord678 »

I'm done with this game for right now until I figure out whats wrong. I can't join anyones game, I've tried opening every port, I've tried reseting my router, nothing works. Once I get something figured out ill be back.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Done for now.

Post by deadhanddan »

:( i hope you figure out what the bug is , i will be looking into it as well ; your problem is exactly like mine - only worse. so i will do sum research to try n narrow down what is causing this.
- Dan
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

do you get the "failed to join" or "CRC mismatch" ?

gl
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Get a cable, it will solve your problem. ESO doesn't like wireless routers.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

I hope you find a reliable connection soon, Warlord; we'll miss you.

My internet has been a pain, too. It's connected to my phone service, and whenever the phone rings lately, it causes my internet connection to get interrupted. So I just unplugged the phone and use my cell now 8)
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

this is weird warlord, do you remember 2 days ago when you could connect to me?
i guess in your case, portforwarding(i know you said you did that, but did you do it right?), override adress and override port for example solves all the problems, there are also some feeatures like ip sharing/switching or DMZ which some ISPs have which result in failing to join games and/or dropping out of game(ip swtiching)

have you tried using your router as a modem?? just try it if you can join better like that and switch back to your router working as a router
(should be in your router options, my fritzbox for example can be accessed by simply writing fritz.box into my browser or the ip address of my router)
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]I hope you find a reliable connection soon, Warlord; we'll miss you.

My internet has been a pain, too. It's connected to my phone service, and whenever the phone rings lately, it causes my internet connection to get interrupted. So I just unplugged the phone and use my cell now 8)[/quote]

reminds me of the ol dial up days...
anywho I know you were able to connect to me a couple times warlord..but hope you get the issue figured out so we can start playing again. I guess we have to settle for monopoly now..
Warlord678
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Warlord678 »

Im not on a wireless router. I have DSL and im connected directly into the router. I made a few changes early this morning and was able to join everyone games that was posted. I havent tried joining any N3O games yet, so I will hop on today and check it out, hopefully the problem is resolved.

-lord
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]I hope you find a reliable connection soon, Warlord; we'll miss you.

My internet has been a pain, too. It's connected to my phone service, and whenever the phone rings lately, it causes my internet connection to get interrupted. So I just unplugged the phone and use my cell now 8)[/quote]

Kaiser, maybe the filter for the phone isn't working. Try to reconnect it (making sure it's hooked up properly) or replace it and you should be just fine.

Good luck Warlord!

Craz
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

warlord told me on ESO that he somehow figured it out now, he should be fine from now on
Warlord678
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Warlord678 »

I figured out my problem yes. Dan hosts at least 99% of the games, when im on, and i get a FTJ. I also got a FTJ on alot of other games, once I made the changes I did this morning I could join everyone elses game but dans. So obviously me and dan have a connection problem.

Is there a way to fix a connection problem between two peers, or is that pretty much impossible?
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""Warlord678""] So obviously me and dan have a connection problem.
[/quote]
I have the same issue with Dan, we need to restart 10x to maybe get a game going... still worth trying though :D
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""][quote=""Warlord678""] So obviously me and dan have a connection problem.
[/quote]
I have the same issue with Dan, we need to restart 10x to maybe get a game going... still worth trying though :D[/quote]

:( i have tried everything short of taking my modem outside and unloading my 12 gauge on it....
- Dan
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

[quote=""Warlord678""]I figured out my problem yes. Dan hosts at least 99% of the games, when im on, and i get a FTJ. I also got a FTJ on alot of other games, once I made the changes I did this morning I could join everyone elses game but dans. So obviously me and dan have a connection problem.

Is there a way to fix a connection problem between two peers, or is that pretty much impossible?[/quote]

Try getting a third party to host or join from the game browser, sometimes that works.