General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

The blind people woke up over there at Robot

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

http://agesanctuary.com/index.php?porta ... try1417202

They're patching. But their patching is lazy. Not Lazy but really really lazy. They were smart enough to copy SOME of the fanpatch changes (the ones that jump into your face even when you don't want to see them). But they couldn't be bothered with testing the other changes? Why not get them right away.

Conclusion: this is a backstab on the fanpatch. Iroquois is abusable on ES 1.02 and it's going to get all the pricks at agecommunity "SEE, WE KNEW IT WAS GONNA GET PATCHED, THESE GUYS AT ROBOT KNOW ABOUT GUN AND SHRINES HISTORY WHILE YOU DON'T SO WE TRUST EM".

BUT: double-deck fixed, not that I ever got cheated by that thing :p
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: The blind people woke up over there at Robot

Oh and the only innovative change is exactly THE BAD ONE. Iro can either start with 300w or 200w on most maps. Tps now cost 200w. Do the math.

Old ottos start with 300w or 400w. +50w is a huge boost considering they can now go for tp/house no matter what. We're talking about ottos here, the dudes that abuse either FF for spahis/ 5 mames, FI, FR, or that are most commonly seen abusing jan/abus to death.

Germans. Feed em xp cause it's cool, they weren't even in the top civs.

Oh and these are map dependant which means it's broken (same way old ports used to win a matchup on a 40% chance since that is more or less the chance of getting a sea map). Broken in iro trashing ports in great plains and ports trashing iro in hispaniola.
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

wel.... FP still look better no changes to euro civs apart from the tp cost. Otto + ATP + team cheap tp could end up as a glitch ? Im sure it would be defo if you got the building cost decreased from the native tp
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Hell yeah that's gonna end up as a glitch for sure. Will they make a Robot 1.02a like ES did with 1.01a? haha
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

Imo at least they are trying, even if it is misguided. This doesn't change my opinion of Robot or Mr.Representative community manager guy.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

yes i saw it it's unbelievable hahahhahaa

i knew they wouldn't abandon us

all hail aloysius

edit:
after reading it, seriously is this a joke?? they changed like 5 things???

Age of Empires® III: The Asian Dynasties v1.02
Patch Release Notes
==================================================================
Client Fixes

· Boat Particle Effects have been changed. This should result in better performance when using Navies.

· Fixed more out-of-sync bugs.

· Double Deck Exploit has been fixed.

Balance Changes

· Trading Posts:
o Cost lowered to 200 wood from 250 wood.
o Hit points lowered to 2500 from 3000
o Build points lowered to 72 from 90
o Bounty reduced to 80 from 100
o Build bounty reduced to 40 from 50

· India
o Zamburak & Mansabdar Zamburak
§ Bonus against ‘AbstractHeavyCavalry’ reduced to x3.5 down from x4.0
§ Bonus against ‘Abstract CoyoteMan’ reduced to x2.5 down from x3.0

o Urumi & Mansabdar Urumi
§ Received x0.75 multiplier against ‘AbstractCavalry’ and ‘xpCoyoteMan’.
§ Multiplier against ‘AbstractLightCavalry’ adjusted accordingly (up to x2.0 from x1.5)

o ‘Desert Terror’ card
§ Bonus damage for ‘AbstractZamburak’ against ‘AbstractHeavyCavalry’ reduced to 0.5 down from 1.0
§ Bonus damage for ‘AbstractZamburak’ against ‘AbstractCoyoteMan’ reduced to 0.5 down from 1.0
§ Bonus damage for ‘AbstractZamburak’ against ‘AbstractHeavyCavalry’ using ‘BuildingAttack’ increased to -0.5 up from -1.0

· Japan
o Toshogu Shrine
§ Bonus to shrines reduced to x1.5 down from x2.33

o Consulate ‘Isolation’ choice
§ Reduced bonus damage to 5% down from 10%
o Ashigaru Musketeer
§ Ranged attacks reduced to 24 down from 26
· Germans
o 9 Crossbowmen shipment changed to 8 Crossbowmen
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

You guys may call me nuts, but for 3v3's I like these changes. Most games played are not 1v1's but 2v2's and 3v3's. This makes it so that the current OPl civs can be played (which is really all any patch has ever done). Are there broken matchups - yeah but the TP changes are interesting to say the least.

Wonder why no changes to Sioux....
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

just by reading your guy's replies i can safely say that this patch looks like garbage. ill sick to fp 1.1 im done with ES and their bogus patches
- Dan
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

omg, this will kill the fanpatch... we can only hope they start patching on a regular basis...lol...
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

robot seems pretty against some of the changes that were made in the FP, so I don't even see it ever reaching the balance that the FP brings, even if they do continue patching. I mean what happened when the FP team nerfed japan and india? Iro and Aztec became the top civs. I wonder what is going to happen here...hmmmm....
Oh wait! They made tps cheaper too..thats going to fix everything..
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

i give Robot a C+ in effort , but a D- in overall work

there changes are no way near balanced and only makes other civs lame/top

fanpatch is the best example of balance i have ever seen , i dont care if i have to play vs. colonels and majors : if it means a better overall balance in my games so be it

FP or bust
- Dan
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

even fanpatch advocates like mayhem or yoshihito from the japanese community consider of simply let the fanpatch bite the dust and let everybody play on this patch, the community is split anyway, for the better balance you get from the fan patch, it is not really worth it

less lag on water maps in team games and some fixed oos bugs are cool too(not that i lag, i got highend computer, but most people don't :-( )

i think i'll play both official robot and fan patch, now i don't have to force my opponents to pick deck right at start and can play qs (once the patch comes out)
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

What did u expect?
They are paid by MS for doing the patching and the budget won't be that high. The bugs that were fixed didn't take much time i guess.
Making changes to balance takes much more time and budget which they don't have, because testing the gameplay takes much more time and effort because u have to play the game, dicuss changes, alter changes, playing games again etc.
So it is quite clear that they make only the changes to get top civs in line and see how it evolves and based on the experience of the whole community they will make another small patch etc.
And i am sure u will see in later patches more or less more things of the fan patch. They just can't copy it at once due to legal reasons ;)
And i go even so far to claim that they tested single player well and Multiplayer was tested lazily because it was already tested during FP 1.0 by community
luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by luukje »

ER also states they will never implement some of the FP changes due to them not being in line with the original design of the game. They wont change the nature of some civs. I think the Ottoman turnaround in FP1.2 wont be taken ove by ER soon...

Oh man Iro OP again, makes me think of warhuts in your second hunt batch close to your base, waves of tomahawk, followed by those invisible forrest prowler raids supported by 5 cuirs, and when you could resist those and went for the kill on his base, suddenly three cheap superstrong TC would appear. And that warchief crackshot. And light cannon Spam.
Aaargh!
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

I'd rather just stick to the AgeSanctuary fanpatch.

At least they know what they're doing.