Palehorse
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

FWIW

Post by Palehorse »

Update from Aloysius and ?Electrox?
Aloysius Moderator

Subject: Re: Unsatisfactory RE.

We had some server problems and had to reboot ESO a couple times this past weekend.

We're still very committed to the ESO community and apologize for any downtime, but sometimes this kind of stuff cannot be avoided. And we're definitely looking in to what happend and fixing it so it doesn't happen again.
. . .

Electrox Member

Subject: Re: Unsatisfactory RE.

Since there seems to be only one Robot employee paid to work the ES community, Aloysius is limited to what he can get done in a timely manner. It can take time to find out that the servers are having issues. It is not just one machine but several in a rack that is still in the old ES building (have not seen the rack moved from it's rackspace location). Not just one button to get it to reboot but the machines all must come back up working and talking to each other.

LDAP had issues this weekend. For those of you that don't know, LDAP has to do with sign in - active directory The part of the server that controls who gets access to the server.

Maintenance for 5-19 talks about a firewall removal. Not sure if this firewall is between the fiber internet connection and the LDAP or main server or if it is after protecting the data files storage servers. Files like friends lists, Home Cities, stats,card decks, and game stats

It's posible and we have seen (over the years) backlog or buffer overloads to stop whispers, chats, friends list, game browser lists (there 4-5 of them), or game stats not updating.

Since ES has been closed down by Microsoft, Robot is paid to watch over the rack and reboot it as needed. Robot took up office space but I do not know if they are even in the same building that ES was in. The ESO rack is still on VLan 903 of Rackspace. Microsoft should of removed all other computers and servers that was for ES admin (payroll, benifits, email servers) use. The firewall being removed 5-19 may be a firewall protecting this old part of ES Network.

Since ES lease was about up, a change of office space was in the future. However, I have not seen the RACK move yet. I have seen Robot get assigned Rackspace 's IP block.
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Re: servers down once again

Post by LaZy »

^^ in laymans terms he´s saying we´re noob, but it aint our fault that we´re noobs. Is that it???

ty 4 the post

out
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Lol indeed. Incompetence levels over at the ES offices are as high as usual.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Does this mean ESO depends on a computer that is now in an office whose lease is up :?
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

Sitting in a broom closet somewhere next to a leaky sink. Their plan is to hide the servers well enough the next tenant doesn't even notice them there. :D
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

LOL^^
and we wonder why there are so many "failed to join" issues...
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle