Something is totally screwed up with the PR system

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Something is totally screwed up with the PR system

Post by Soccerman771 »

I win 3 games in a row, one with very unfair teams in my disadvantage and get no or minimal PR (like .003 or something un-noticeable). Then I lose a game where I'm completely out-ranked (by a combined 10-12 PR between the teams) and lose .2 pr....
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Something is totally screwed up with the PR system

Post by deadhanddan »

this happens after a set amount of games playd in rated , been like that for me for months and months and months :(
- Dan
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Has happened to me sometimes as well. Btw has anyone checked the new elo? (I think I'm hearing the echo of my voice in a big empty room :p )

It has an interesting different formula, the old one seemed to overboost winning streaks and game spamming players (which makes max eloratings go higher due to more games being played between the same players rather than skill improvement). Direct consequence: high rates will drop from sky high 2.2k 2.3k 2.4k (which are totally absurd when compared to old aoc, aom rates) to 1.8k 1.9k 2k elo's.
NitroZ
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: somegreekguy

Post by NitroZ »

if u wanna get +0.1 pr for a win do what i do. use a lvl 10 homcity and 1v1 someone 3-5 pr higher than you :)
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]Has happened to me sometimes as well. Btw has anyone checked the new elo? (I think I'm hearing the echo of my voice in a big empty room :p )

It has an interesting different formula, the old one seemed to overboost winning streaks and game spamming players (which makes max eloratings go higher due to more games being played between the same players rather than skill improvement). Direct consequence: high rates will drop from sky high 2.2k 2.3k 2.4k (which are totally absurd when compared to old aoc, aom rates) to 1.8k 1.9k 2k elo's.[/quote]

yes, the simple elo ladder from the japanese community is calculated differently than the one from elorating.com
it will take time till it is adjusted correctly

and soccer, other than the pr of that person also the amount of games play a huge role.
for example, imagine you're a 1st lieut with 300 games and win vs a major who has 300 games under his belt, other than that imagine winning vs a 2nd lieut who has 20games, now you'll most likely get more pr from winning against hat 2nd lieut, since his variance factor is much bigger than that of the majors, which is exhausted

that's why deadhanddan only gained a tiny amount of pr after winning vs tatltael (dan with his thousands of games played)

nitroz: people usually don't want to fight tier 2 (lvl10-24 or 5) homecities, that tier's match results has nothing to do with the tier normal people play at(which is tier 3, HC level 25-131) so the results of civ win % are counted in that tier.
on es patch, playing japan in that tier is very beneficial since the civ is so damn strong yet it hasn't got a high win %(few people playing that tier)

i'm glad that people can't create lvl1 homecities anymore, which would be tier1, these tier1 civs count beneath all, so a win should grant massive amounts of pr, though who wants to play with no good cards available
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

[quote=""Soccerman771""]I win 3 games in a row, one with very unfair teams in my disadvantage and get no or minimal PR (like .003 or something un-noticeable). Then I lose a game where I'm completely out-ranked (by a combined 10-12 PR between the teams) and lose .2 pr....[/quote]

I heard this several times now. Hope they fix it.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

The PR system needs to be reset, and the formula redone. Not that it will ever happen but it would be nice.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""36drew""]The PR system needs to be reset, and the formula redone. Not that it will ever happen but it would be nice.[/quote]

that is true, they should get rid of this damn Variance factor which gives new players a gigantic boost which they don't need whereas players with 1000+ or even lower amount of games barely raise and have to win like 40 out of 50 games to get a bit higher
after that, decay should kick in after like 6-8 weeks, and slower demise of pr.

banned people should have their pr reset to 0

the way 3v3 randoms for example are calculated should be reworked,
so that people don't get negative results when even winning more games than they lose against people with similar pr

finally, get rid of everything that doesn't represent skill, say the 3 home city level tiers, the amount of games a player has played, etc. ^^
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

I'm glad I just don't worry about it anymore ::/
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
wicked_assassin
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by wicked_assassin »

now i find decay should be faster... jk

no, i'm serious...