Your most epic gaming memory?

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Your most epic gaming memory?

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

beating Sporting's Japan with the help of 300+ highlanders!

once won a 2v2 after L&C had lost connection mid-game. Stuck in a 1v2, I spammed 1k rods on both enemy bases till one collapsed. L&C had done some good damage before dropping out though.
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

Too come to mind. First one was around a 6 player ffa on great plains when i was still only a corporal and a master sergeant had been terrorizing everyone else with japs(he was highest rank i was 3rd highest) He didn't build any walls, i was aztecs. I stayed 1 age ahead of him for most of the game and I just kept on raiding his army with stealth units as he sent them out. My cyotes picked off his cannos before they could fire as my puma hit his muskets. After a little i had gotten 4 native allies 2 comache and 2 of the other. I raided with them and was able to take out all 3 of his wonders before i ran away and had only lost 3 guys. IThe only other guy left was souix and he was enjoying listening to me win while he boomed then got spies half way through. Eventually it came down to a 1v1 between me and a guy playing the souix, i unfortunately had the railroad going through my base and I could not raid him since he had spies and his troops were too well postitioned. So i decided to use every big button after i maxed out my military and then attacked with every unit and villager, since i had to go soon so i could not afford to drag it out. I won, he could not stop over 300 units completely upgraded.

other favorite moment was a 3v3 nr40 treaty game on deccan. I was spain my indian ally quit because of lagg at 39:59(turned out he was the one lagging), my other ally was russia. I was able to push back both the german and french enemy as my ally held off the 3rd guy. My dopples were so op in that game they were beating cuirassiers. Eventually all 3 tried to overpower my ally as i set up a fb right outside the german guys base on the left side of the map. I just walked in thier and mauled his base before they put up any resistance, and at that point they were just getting through my dead indian allies base and were heading through it for my russian allies base.

I believe i have picks for both on the family computer(my old one)

LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

The most vills under 10 min was epic. Jim totaly rocked that strat.

The 4 vs Sporting with 100% handy was OP.
The 4 vs Drew with 100% handy was equally OP

The dumb strat Holly came up with the other night had me making french vills with 390hp and hit n running his priests was epic

Ah, yes b4 I 4get, every clan game we play that has Jim tell me a joke through vent is always epic, even if my rib cage aches from all the laughter.

Every game where one can truly apreciate the power of the A.R.S.E tactics is epic.

Every game that reads a GG b4 its actually GG is always epic. It means now we play I hide and u seek 4 a while :)

Every game I play as Brits and house myself is as epic as me playing the Dutch and having no gold.

Hearing Kaisers voice, through his OP taunts, and him not actually being in the game is omnipresently(sp) epic.

When the raiding civ, Sioux or german, gets raided way more is epic

Every single game that ended with " U R victrious" is rather epic 4 me also

out
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

Oh, I forgot about that 10min vill thing Lazy... it reminds me of my 5:41 Fast Inustrial... I havn't seen anyone beat my time to date!
cheesehat

Post by cheesehat »

Good Ole TWC Revolting, the hussars actually say Imperial Hussars and look 100x shinier on the picture (cos of the skins)

Most OP game experience: When someone calls you a hacker for doing fast industrial on Nilla O_o
Highlander999
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Highlander999 »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]beating Sporting's Japan with the help of 300+ highlanders![/quote]

I would have thought one of me was enough :-P

(I'll get my coat ;) )
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""StrokeyBlofeld""]Oh, I forgot about that 10min vill thing Lazy... it reminds me of my 5:41 Fast Inustrial... I havn't seen anyone beat my time to date![/quote]

didn't i beat that 100 vil record time? I don't remember tbh...

and I'd like to see how you can reach industrial in 5:41 8O
must be with a TWC civ as you need the fast age up to IV, you also need crate politicians, so I guess it was the Sioux, still, even on a heavy crate map like Deccan it sounds insanely fast!!
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

It was with sioux and on gp. jim needed 140food and 360xp treasure to make it work.
lordandcount
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by lordandcount »

One of my best is one of the RTSL, it was the first or second season and I thought a little strat on honshu, plop, sporting and I beated something like pr 34, 36 and 42. It was our first RTS win and one of my most epic games.
NEO_CrAz3n wrote: L&C is sorta the N3O police.
I'm the most annoying officer
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

[quote=""joe4holly""]It was with sioux and on gp. jim needed 140food and 360xp treasure to make it work.[/quote]

Yes, it's the only way it would be so fast was sioux on great plains with the treasures and fast age up. I had several under 6 mins, very hard though, need to find the 360XP very early + 140food.
TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by TheRam »

Me, Lichen and DHGJ (PR 32,37,41 max) 31,34,36 at the time
vs
Challe, _Silverfalcon_ and Mastakillah (46,48,38 PR max) 42,44,35 at the time
And we rushed them with China Russia Japan and beat them down, it was so cool and I was so excited.

Also recently I damn near beat Mayh3m with my portuguese rush, I actually had him beat but my organ guns didn't micro they got stuck on his TC and woulnd't move then he beat me back over the course of 30 minutes (superior micro + I was so nervous!). He even said I should have won.
I also faced Damnit and came damn close to levelling him but he got the push on me about 30 seconds before I was ready to counter his China cav (just started 3 rax spamming musks, was seriously close) and both Mayh3m and Damnit were excellently mannered and superb to play.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""StrokeyBlofeld""][quote=""joe4holly""]It was with sioux and on gp. jim needed 140food and 360xp treasure to make it work.[/quote]

Yes, it's the only way it would be so fast was sioux on great plains with the treasures and fast age up. I had several under 6 mins, very hard though, need to find the 360XP very early + 140food.[/quote]

hmm, wouldn't Deccan be better, you start with 300+ food (instead of searching for 140f treasure) and there is also an 360 XP treasure, usually on the plateau.

still don't see how it gets you to age IV in 5.41 tho. aging times alone takes up 3.30 + 40 sec for a shipment. Can u reproduce it?
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

[quote=""lordandcount""]One of my best is one of the RTSL, it was the first or second season and I thought a little strat on honshu, plop, sporting and I beat something like pr 34, 36 and 42. It was our first RTS win and one of my most epic games.[/quote]

Oh, that has to be the most epic game for me too ^^
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

My two most epic moments are really ones of laughter. Only a hand full of people will understand this but:

a. A certain private message that Jim recieved.
b. The CRC patch with a certain Mr. Someone.
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

There are many non-specific instances where I felt "in the zone" and was either a significant part of a great win or I felt like I died really well. The adrenaline rush and satisfaction from those moments are why I play Ages, that and the smoke rising from 100 muskets is really cool.

A specific moment - I played Nav in a 1v1 and burned down his TC. Granted, I lost and it wasn't even really a close game, but the fact that I imposed my will on him in some small way was a pretty good feeling. I mean, he didn't WANT me to burn down his TC.