Your most epic gaming memory?

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

KingVint
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Your most epic gaming memory?

Post by KingVint »

[quote=""IndyBrit""]it wasn't even really a close game, but the fact that I imposed my will on him in some small way was a pretty good feeling. I mean, he didn't WANT me to burn down his TC.[/quote]

Lol :P
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

[quote=""36drew""]My two most epic moments are really ones of laughter. Only a hand full of people will understand this but:

a. A certain private message that Jim recieved.
b. The CRC patch with a certain Mr. Someone.[/quote]

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd forgotten about that! WOW, I remember how that had me in tears it was sooo funny!
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""][quote=""StrokeyBlofeld""][quote=""joe4holly""]It was with sioux and on gp. jim needed 140food and 360xp treasure to make it work.[/quote]

Yes, it's the only way it would be so fast was sioux on great plains with the treasures and fast age up. I had several under 6 mins, very hard though, need to find the 360XP very early + 140food.[/quote]

hmm, wouldn't Deccan be better, you start with 300+ food (instead of searching for 140f treasure) and there is also an 360 XP treasure, usually on the plateau.

still don't see how it gets you to age IV in 5.41 tho. aging times alone takes up 3.30 + 40 sec for a shipment. Can u reproduce it?[/quote]

Deccan may produce a good time, but it had to be done on a standard map... that was part of the rules.
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

Mine would have to be in the 1v1 tourney we did ages ago where HC lvls were restricted to lvl 1 only. Me and Navaorne Guy did a 1v1 on north west territories, both civs as Brits and both rushing. We both fought over the crossing separating our bases for ages, his longbow vs mine, his hussar against my pikes until he managed to get into fortress. I knew this was bad news and followed as quickly as I could throwing up a artillery foundry as I aged. Soon enough he came at me with falconnets but expecting this, I killed them with culverins I made as soon as I hit fortress.

I destroyed his army but couldn't advance as he had towered up his side of the crossing and stuck a fort there. So I sent my army marching round to a crossing on the other side of the map and struck from the flank into the heart of his base. He couldn't rebuild his army in time before I damaged his eco beyond repair. One of the closest matches I ever played and being able to anticipate his falconnets save my ass. The victory was made even sweeter because Navarone was one hell of a player.
luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by luukje »

got this from an old post of mine,lol

Most exciting game I played in the last six months was me Dutch (1st ltnt) against some portugese (captain) on yucatan. 50 minutes of non stop action. As soon as I get the map I am thinking, Portugese on water map with a good player, that’s a water boom. What can I do as dutch, he will probably own my 4 bank FF with better micro and then just crush me in industrial.
So I go for an all out rush, trying some grenadier rush BO. He spots my forward builded foundry, so I think that’s game gone right there. I kill his explorer and go forward with 8 grenadiers and 8 pikemen from shipment, more under way. I can just crush his stable before he get’s it up, destroy some houses and attack his first TC. The Tc goes down, I can replace the lost grenadiers and see his dock. I want to attack but his 2 caravel stop me. The next moment he’s in fortress. I can just attack his second TC and his age up casadores, second TC goes down and the third to. Just before his third TC collapses he gets out mamelukes and they annihilate my force. He got the resources from his fishing fleet, with 2 docks producing.

With all the action I haven’t been building villagers continuously (I was housed to or creating more grenadiers). I send the cards I have left, 700 wood and bank wagon and colonial militia, after a couple of minutes he hits my base with mamelukes, pikes, crossbows and casadores. I just manage to keep him out losing some houses and barracks, but my economy is untouched. I rebuild and go fortress. I build saloon and get black rider and corsairs. I can crush his first attack, my corsairs eating his cassadores, mamelukes and and dragoons, my black riders against his hussar and organ guns. I counter and build halberds and falconets to complement my mercs, but his base is in the trees of Yucatan, making micro o so hard. I destroy another Tc, barracks, stable but cant come near the coast where he’s got caravel and frigate.
He’s building spies now so I need more halberds. I attack 2,3 times, destroying his military but I cant keep enough forces to clear his base.

I have eaten all the gold mines and I need extra time to build plantations. I start building boats to. He goes all out on dragoons and organs, with very good micro, but unfortenately for him corsairs counter them very well. I finally manage to build 5 falconets, a few culverins, with enough protection and start with a slow inch by inch attack. He throws everything at me, but I have all the counters now and I destroy his base. He doenst quit and rebuilds. I level his base again. He starts rebuilding another time but when my army arrives its finally GG. When I saw the stats it was crazy, we had build zounds of units. He never got his economy on full flow, and I just had the better counters (lucky with saloon).

Other fun games: I remember one vs lazy on a N3O tourney where I amost got him, me dutch vs lazy french, he did some crossbow spam and I went fishing. He got my base, but not my boats and settlers; I rebuilded, saloon and got elmeti I think. I staged quite a good comeback, and almost got lazy. If I had gone all out military and had rebuild nothing, I would have won, but I spend some resources on rebuilding a TC and some banks, and that gave him the minutes he needed to recover.
generalbuschmann
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by generalbuschmann »

a epic game for me was a 3v3 were i lagged very badly. when my opponents saw that they will loose they said that we are cheaters (because i lagged) and then the freezed the game. 8O they called us cheaters ut freezed themself. we talked with them like half an hour (during the game was frozen).
they said things like they will report us ... :roll:
the epic end was that the stop freezing the game and quitted the game.
we got pr and elorating :D
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

[quote=""36drew""]My two most epic moments are really ones of laughter. Only a hand full of people will understand this but:

a. A certain private message that Jim recieved.
b. The CRC patch with a certain Mr. Someone.[/quote]

So true Adam. I completely 4got about those sitautions. I also 4got about the asian guy that made my birthday so memerable last year.

out
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

This is a great thread! I will probably get more ideas later, but here are a few that come to mind:

1. Definitely the "blind win" I had with Soccer where my video card crapped out on me during the final big battle in a 3v3. I had a 2 vet uhlan spam going, and Soccer directed me where to set the rally point and when to hit attack move! I even carried out a 3 TC boom while blind!

2. A massive 2-hour treaty game with my unstoppable German Imperial economy. I wound up with a 4000 score and over 5000 kills, and only 1200 losses. Imperial Dopplers with ALL UPGRADES FTPW!

3. One 2v2 with Indy where I abused abus and he covered me with muskets. I killed 86 units and lost 3.

4. Beating a Vanilla Colonel in rated with the Russians (vs. Dutch).

5. Playing a 3v3 in which I made more uhlans than my partners made longbows! (That has happened more than once :D )

6. Making my OP taunts... not really a game experience, but nonetheless extremely fun.

7. Beating Tatl Tael in 1v1 twice in a row (he used Spanish, but still :roll: )

8. The day I joined N3O.... my life will never be the same. 8)
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)