yes, abus should be 1 pop with the guard upgrade imho
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Next top civ?

Post by deadhanddan »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]yes, abus should be 1 pop with the guard upgrade imho[/quote] i agree , or even imperial upgrade if the guard tech became too op with that
- Dan
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Guard tech still costs some silly 450f :(
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

imperial tech then , 2 pop abus late game hurts when u have hussars and/or spahi taking up a lot of pop at the same time
- Dan
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

i was biased towards the new changes, couldn't decide if good or not, but as things go i really appreciate them.
though i really cannot get in terms with some changes people post on agesanc, they got not clue at all and just hope that their suggestions will be taken into consideration for next patch, but it won't since there are pretty dumb opinions :roll:

here's my opinion(just assumptions):
op Tier:
Russia, British

High Tier:
Germans
Sioux
Indians
Dutch
French
Ottomans(on higher PR levels)

Middle Tier:
Japanese
Chinese
Aztec
Portuguese
Iroquois

Bottom Tier:
Spanish
Ottomans(on lower PR levels)

i don't like the nerf to aztecs they are probably to big, japans boosts will not show until mid- or lategame, they won't be good 1v1, considering nearly all other civs got boosted too, changes to iroq and the general changes affecting them are appreciated :-)
Ottos will only rule on higher pr levels i doubt lower levels can fully gain advantage of the new changes
finally chinas mass gets weakened a tad and they receive boosts where they need them, the indian nerf to camel attack card was unnecessary, schooner should have lowered it to 50 wood not 60.
i bet russia will rule now in 1v1, free socket bayonet is a big boost

what i dislike most is that they try to make as many matchups on as many different maps(sea, land,tp/non-tp etc.) possible for all the civs which results in less and less individualistic civs.

i like to use my civs as weapons, if one won't do then probably another one :-P
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

People underrate -5% on boyars and less 1 cossack. It's a lot. Advanced arsenal with that upgrade for free isn't a boost, you have to spend a card on it, and that card could either be 13 strelets, 4 cossacks or 4 cossacks. It has to be seen as an upgrade that doesn't really come to game in early game. And musks will only get 20% extra melee. They'll still be as easily picked on as pikes, they have the same hp.

edit: It's general consensus that russians took a slight nerf.
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""]i was biased towards the new changes, couldn't decide if good or not, but as things go i really appreciate them.
though i really cannot get in terms with some changes people post on agesanc, they got not clue at all and just hope that their suggestions will be taken into consideration for next patch, but it won't since there are pretty dumb opinions :roll:

here's my opinion(just assumptions):
op Tier:
Russia, British

High Tier:
Germans
Sioux
Indians
Dutch
French
Ottomans(on higher PR levels)

Middle Tier:
Japanese
Chinese
Aztec
Portuguese
Iroquois

Bottom Tier:
Spanish
Ottomans(on lower PR levels)

i don't like the nerf to aztecs they are probably to big, japans boosts will not show until mid- or lategame, they won't be good 1v1, considering nearly all other civs got boosted too, changes to iroq and the general changes affecting them are appreciated :-)
Ottos will only rule on higher pr levels i doubt lower levels can fully gain advantage of the new changes
finally chinas mass gets weakened a tad and they receive boosts where they need them, the indian nerf to camel attack card was unnecessary, schooner should have lowered it to 50 wood not 60.
i bet russia will rule now in 1v1, free socket bayonet is a big boost

what i dislike most is that they try to make as many matchups on as many different maps(sea, land,tp/non-tp etc.) possible for all the civs which results in less and less individualistic civs.

i like to use my civs as weapons, if one won't do then probably another one :-P[/quote]

I think japan is still a decent 1v1 civ, so I dont see them changing much next patch. I dont think russia will be top, probably high tier I guess? China will be high tier imo. I want to see how aztec do, im curious about their changes.
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

I'm gonna say that brits and souix will appear the strongest. Though I can't wait till spain gets back into the mix

Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

I'm gonna say the French. That 5% shipment bonus is nice, and since most games rarely go lategame, the cuirassier nerf shouldn't apply for the large part, unless it's a lengthy team game you're playing.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]People underrate -5% on boyars and less 1 cossack. It's a lot. Advanced arsenal with that upgrade for free isn't a boost, you have to spend a card on it, and that card could either be 13 strelets, 4 cossacks or 4 cossacks. It has to be seen as an upgrade that doesn't really come to game in early game. And musks will only get 20% extra melee. They'll still be as easily picked on as pikes, they have the same hp.

edit: It's general consensus that russians took a slight nerf.[/quote]

^1. +spending the wood for the arsenal early on is tough. It's easy to house yourself and you'll need the wood for houses, strelets and market ups.

Also FF for Suvorov Reforms and Cannons isn't a choice anymore.
ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ruminator »

[quote=""HuggyPierre""][quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]People underrate -5% on boyars and less 1 cossack. It's a lot. Advanced arsenal with that upgrade for free isn't a boost, you have to spend a card on it, and that card could either be 13 strelets, 4 cossacks or 4 cossacks. It has to be seen as an upgrade that doesn't really come to game in early game. And musks will only get 20% extra melee. They'll still be as easily picked on as pikes, they have the same hp.

edit: It's general consensus that russians took a slight nerf.[/quote]

^1. +spending the wood for the arsenal early on is tough. It's easy to house yourself and you'll need the wood for houses, strelets and market ups.

Also FF for Suvorov Reforms and Cannons isn't a choice anymore.[/quote]

I think the change to Suvurov reforms is massive. The card was perhaps the strongest Russian card in age 3, as it gave them valuable anti cav with ranged attack to keep their 2 falc shipment safe. Now, they need to build separate anti-cav as well so you may as well save the shipment and send 9 halberdiers or strelet combat instead.
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Suvorov was an unbalanced game-changing card that provided the equivalent of an entire economy in resources. I'm glad it's gone.

No other "transformer" card turns infantry into a different infantry class. That's what made it so deadly. If a French player does Tirailleurs, he basically upgrades his xbows to skirms, which are "better xbows." But Suvorov changed strelets into muskets, and a musket is not a "better strelet;" it is a cav killing siege guy.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)