Re: Funny Screenshots

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

How can I post screenshots here?
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Google imageshack or another image upload site, upload pic in there, then use the image's link with [img.]imagelink[/img.] without the dots :)
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

Well I think I'll get this thread going again

The game was a 3v3 game where the teams were random and happened to turn out to be top vs bottom. My team won with strelet/bowrider/hussar combo versus a strelet/musket/uhlan combo. As you can see a rare 3 way tie for most kills with all the players on one team.

gendarme
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by gendarme »

[quote=""cheesehat""]Hussar: Light Cavalry armed with cold steel (no, they are not classified as Light Cavalry, guys with arms, freezing dudes and fifteen ton metal statues)

Tags: Cavalry, HEAVY CAVALRY, hand cavalry (there was a big long dam thread on this topic on agecomm a year ago roughly at this time when i was first starting and I swear to god I flammed my little unfit and cholesterol absorbed heart out that I thought Hussars were LC...I changed my mind once I saw TAD)

All ES decided to do in this game in TAD was make anything on a horsey that couldn't shoot HC and everything on a horsey that could shoot LC. I am honestly surprised how Game_Freak got to Major General if he thought Xbows>Cossacks (the counter actually says 2x Ranged cavalry if u hover ur mouse over it, not 2x light cavalry)

And the skirmisher example isn't quite accurate.

If you hover your mouse over the Bonus vs. Cavalry (the one with the hoof, not the one with the hoof and an arrow) you will see for different units it says different things.

On RANGED CAVALRY it says "3x Bonus vs. Hand Cavalry" (anything with a 'hand cavalry' rag falls under this catagory)
Pikes, Musketeers, etc "2x Bonus vs Cavalry, anything with 'cavalry' tag falls under this"
Yumi Archers, Skirmishers, Abas gun/Grenadier, etc "0.8 vs HAND cavalry, 2x vs. LIGHT cavalry <no it does not say ranged cavalry, don't ask why>)

But seeing as the terms 'light cavalry' and 'heavy cavalry' are not used in the counter system, we can replace them with 'ranged cavalry' and 'Hand Cavalry' respectively.

Case Closed

But hussars, Uhlans and Cossacks are still technically Heavy Cavalry :P (same tags as Gendarme)

A simple counter system:

Anything on a horse that can shoot < Skirmishers
Anything on a horse that can't shoot < Anything on a horse that can shoot
Anything NOT on a horse and has a range of 12 or less < Skirmishers
Skirmishers < Anything on a horse that can't shoot[/quote]
So you're saying that I'm heavy cavalry? :?:
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Yeah you better go to the gym.
gendarme
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by gendarme »

Lol, what for? xD

I'm a chinese monk already :P
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

Whats best about that SS is GG after only 1 building razed LOL.
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

[quote=""36drew""]Whats best about that SS is GG after only 1 building razed LOL.[/quote]
Yeah the other team attacked quickly just after I got my block house up, they were able to get it half way down with thier russian explorer by the time it was up, but the russian guy quickly made 5 muskets and shipped 5 cossack and tried to take down my souix teammate's stable, when my 13 strelet shipment arrived he had to retreat from taking too much damage from my block house. Later on the other team made 2 pushes, but I quickly took out all thier muskets and I was able to keep my strelets pinned between my blockhouse and a gold mine, making it so only 5 at most could attack my strelets at once, and the rest had to right bow riders and hussar. In the middle of thier 3rd push me and one of my teammates started to age, and we were able to defeat thier push with little casualties and quickly attacked them. We took down thier block house, and when that happened thier british player quit, and then just as we were about to take down a stable they quit

StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

[quote=""GeneralMichael""]Well I think I'll get this thread going again

The game was a 3v3 game where the teams were random and happened to turn out to be top vs bottom. My team won with strelet/bowrider/hussar combo versus a strelet/musket/uhlan combo. As you can see a rare 3 way tie for most kills with all the players on one team.

Image[/quote]

Not only did you all have 83 kills on your team, but both Russian players had a fave soldier count of 83 too... pretty spooky!
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

what strikes me as cool is that our very ouwn GenMichael gets a 2:1 kill ratio using strelets whilst the other russia player gets a kill ratio of almost 1:4 using the same Nº of strelets as Michael. Can u say NUBLET?

out

PS nice 1 Michael
Bart331
Major
Major

Post by Bart331 »

your K/D ratio in team highly depends on the fact if you are fighting winning/loosing battles
Jero12345
Captain
Captain

Post by Jero12345 »

And what task you need to do. as anti cav you don't get as many kills then as light infatry
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

What you say there is so true jero. I remember some of our 3v3's where I got a kill loss of 7 with my evil skirmisher, while it still was a pretty even game. Not to forget that my micro actually sucks :P
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""Bart331""]your K/D ratio in team highly depends on the fact if you are fighting winning/loosing battles[/quote]

Kind of. I can recall many team games where i've won with a K/D ratio of less than 1.00 though. This is less common in 1v1 except when I use a civ like russia.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Well, Lazy, don't forget I had an INFINITY K/D ratio of 45:0 while using, errm, abus in a 3v3 sometime in 2009 ::/
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)