interesting fanpatch changes

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

interesting fanpatch changes

Post by deadhanddan »

as stated in other threads were proposed changes to a few euro civs, but new update has info for souix and ottoman especially , as well as a few pics of new maps

http://agesanctuary.com/index.php?porta ... pic=117620
- Dan
James246
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: interesting fanpatch changes

Post by James246 »

Yeh, seem's the changed the Russian 4 Cossack Shipment and the Ottomans Millet System.
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

Nice find Dan.

The new maps look great. It's interesting to know how the patch will affect ESO.
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

Yes, maps look great, not sure about some of the changes made but I guess they have been extensively tested and we'll find out how it affects gameplay/match-ups when it's released.
Hopefully, everyone who has the current AS patch will update to the new AS patch. Perhaps they could have thought about an auto-updater so that when you run the patch launcher it checks it is running the latest AS patch first and if not updates it?
I can't see it being a problem, but it would prevent the online community getting split between even more patch versions that are not official. Saying that, anyone who use the AS patch would update to the latest release as soon as they hear of it I imagine.
James246
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by James246 »

Yeh, that Auto-Updater sounds like a good idea. Maybe they did put it on the first one? Who knows...
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Bah, free musket upgrades for the Russians when they send the adv arsenal! I say "Nyet!" The only way you can beat Russia is to take advantage of their horrible anti-cav early in the game. Once they hit mid-colonial and mass 40 muskets (which is typically when the adv arsenal would be sent), they don't need an anti-cav boost. I say the adv arsenal card changes are fine... but don't give Russia a FREE socket bayonet. Make 'em pay for it , at the reduced cost (200w, 200g). There's a reason why Russia wins 55% of all games it plays. Making them even better should not be allowed. The 5 cossack card nerf will be more than sufficient to tone them down a little.

So, it also looks like BRs will not be the raiders of choice anymore, either. I have no objections (my apologies to all the BR lamers, both in the clan and beyond). ::/

Now all we need to do is reduce puma spearman attack to 5, reduce 10 maces shipment to 5 maces shipment and move the SK politician to Age 4 only. :-P
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]

reduce 10 maces shipment to 5 maces shipment [/quote]

That's like nerfing Russia's 13 strelet shipment to 6/7. It wouldn't work.

Aztecs and Russians were designed to overwhelm their opponents with cheap but weak units. As the game goes on they get weaker.

They need the early units to maintain their civ uniqueness. (<Is that even a word?)
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

everybody who got the current patch will get the new one too of course, don't worry.

i bet they made the new maps to attract more people :-)
the double deck glitch should be unavailable too :-)
as they talked about this matter with the treaty fan patch crew
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""Hydrovert5""][quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]

reduce 10 maces shipment to 5 maces shipment [/quote]

That's like nerfing Russia's 13 strelet shipment to 6/7. It wouldn't work.

Aztecs and Russians were designed to overwhelm their opponents with cheap but weak units. As the game goes on they get weaker.

They need the early units to maintain their civ uniqueness. (<Is that even a word?)[/quote]

I was only kidding about the Aztecs ::/
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
MNBob
Honorary Officer

Post by MNBob »

Hopefully, everyone who has the current AS patch will update to the new AS patch. Perhaps they could have thought about an auto-updater so that when you run the patch launcher it checks it is running the latest AS patch first and if not updates it?
Funny you should mention that. On Thursday/Friday I wrote an auto-updating patch launcher that is only for use with the Age Sanctuary fan patch. I'll probably release it before the end of the month. We're testing it right now with our 1.1 patch test iterations.
MNBob
Honorary Officer

Post by MNBob »

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""]the double deck glitch should be unavailable too :-)
as they talked about this matter with the treaty fan patch crew[/quote]
No the "solution" they came up with was to disable the pause button. Not only would that take pausing out of the game but someone else could then use a UI hack to enable it on their computer and no one else in the game would be able to un-pause.
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

[quote=""MNBob""]
Funny you should mention that. On Thursday/Friday I wrote an auto-updating patch launcher that is only for use with the Age Sanctuary fan patch. I'll probably release it before the end of the month. We're testing it right now with our 1.1 patch test iterations.[/quote]

Heh heh, nice one bob. I was going to mention it to you a couple of weeks ago but forgot. I think it would be a bonus as it will ensure everyone with the patch launcher runs the same patch, so no painfull transitions between patches and no hassle of having to manualy download and install everytime AS updates.

Good work buddy!!! :D
MNBob
Honorary Officer

Post by MNBob »

There were multiple requests for an auto-patcher including requests from people on the patch team. I was reluctant to do it however because that original patch launcher was intentionally designed to allow for multiple patches and I did not want to support auto updating of multiple patches.

My other concern was that I would need a server to host the patch and I'd want access to upload/download changes. Robo at Age Sanctuary has agreed to provide the server but if there are any issues with the connections or bandwidth we will have to stop. Then there won't be an installer available and people will have to manually install the patch with an updated TAD Patch Launcher.
James246
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by James246 »

[quote=""MNBob""][quote=""Aaryn_GenD""]the double deck glitch should be unavailable too :-)
as they talked about this matter with the treaty fan patch crew[/quote]
No the "solution" they came up with was to disable the pause button. Not only would that take pausing out of the game but someone else could then use a UI hack to enable it on their computer and no one else in the game would be able to un-pause.[/quote]

Having no pause button would be bad... What happens when the phone rings? :cry: Glad it is staying!

Is there any way you guys are going to fix the Double Deck?
MNBob
Honorary Officer

Post by MNBob »

I don't think there is a way to fix it because of how Pause and ESO work. It would probably require either a server or client fix.