Fanpatch 1.1 Discussion

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Fanpatch 1.1 Discussion

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Nah in colonial maces are fine and do their job quite nicely for their price (compare with xbows). In fortress age, I suppose that one could try to use jaguar knights :\ Haven't tested them a lot, only got the opportunity to play vs Victor swe and his goddamn china is impossible for me to beat with my sloppy azzies.

Yeah Chaos I know you were referring to the shipment, I was quite amused the other day when I noticed that pumas stats were quite awesome. They can be spammed somewhat like one would spam rods.
generalbuschmann
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by generalbuschmann »

actually no they dont do their job nicely compared to xbow..
they do 8*1,75=14 damage to hi, xbows do 16*1,35=21,5 for only 10 wood more? they do one and a half times more damage to hi and double damage to everything else...maybe maces shot a bit faster, but i dont think it helps them much... the only advantage for maces is that they got shipments with a lot of them, not to mention that xbows have more hp, the fanpatch weakend not only the rush it weakend aztecs the whole game, early mid and lategame which wasnt necessary
lordandcount
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by lordandcount »

I thought maces shoot twice as fast as xbow, so 14x2=28 damage
NEO_CrAz3n wrote: L&C is sorta the N3O police.
I'm the most annoying officer
generalbuschmann
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by generalbuschmann »

if you hit and run rof isnt that important. dont maces have a loading animation also which makes xbows better in hit and run? maces are ok early game but later on they suck :P
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Who said you can't hit n run every 1,5 secs? ;) Later on, use jaguars, they're deffo worth it.
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

Jags are fine, but they always seem so damn slow they just get eaten up before they can reach the enemy. Might just be me tho