hispaniola_map.ddt not found

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

cheesehat

hispaniola_map.ddt not found

Post by cheesehat »

After buying my second game, i am *******cking pissed to see that error come up on installation. I have removed all files and folders containing aoe3 related stuff and everything else, and have tried installing the file 100000 times. The problem is simple, BOTH discs dont have the file. WHAT TEH **** IS ES PUTTING IN THEIR DISCS THESE DAYS
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Re: hispaniola_map.ddt not found

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

Here you go.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

File path is:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires III\art\ui\random_map\hispaniola
cheesehat

Post by cheesehat »

Good on ya, after I go buy my third disc :P

Ah well, two smurf accounts is better than one :P:P:P
TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by TheRam »

You should probably research things a little more intensively before you go and buy copies of the game.
cheesehat

Post by cheesehat »

Lol. Google.com didnt help so i bought a new game.

Now the new game won't let me patch so i cant play online.

I hate ES
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

Simple Answer, dont smurf other accounts, i dont see the need of having 2 or more accounts, ones enough for me.
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
cheesehat

Post by cheesehat »

When you are stuck on Master Serge and each win vs a 1lt gives you 0.3 points, its time to get a smurf account.

Now I have to reverse smurf as Cheesehat ('main') is a lower rank than my smurf (guess who it is)
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

cheesehat, i just got to agecomm out of fun and there are threads of a person called chaseehat, he mentions (beside other thigns) that he bought a new copy of the game too or the hilarious topic smurf names(with a 'fun' version of drews nick too ... :roll:

it is normal to get that much pr after a win what do you expect to get 2.3 per win??
also you got like 300 games, that means, Variance should be very low. The game tries to get your skill elvel as fast as possible, so within the first few games you get extra pr so that you land on your "assumed" pr level at the start. however this is not in favor of people who slowly learn the game.

you can easily get to your rank if you have teh skillz

but oh well, if you feel like having a 2nd account will please you, go ahead
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

0.3 pr is good :\ Wins against you level normally give 0.1 pr depending on civ matchup.
cheesehat

Post by cheesehat »

I just cant be bothered winning 3 games to go up a level when i could win one and go up three levels...

But that's just me.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""cheesehat""]I just cant be bothered winning 3 games to go up a level when i could win one and go up three levels...

But that's just me.[/quote]

I can understand that, but if you lose you should be required to go down three levels as well. Are you OK w/that?

And lets get real here...what does getting to a certain 'level' get you? A raise at work? Better grades? 10 pounds off the gut? Nope. Play it for fun.

The ONLY reason I'd want a second account is strictly for playing while intoxicated (PWI).
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by TheRam »

If you expect 3 pr levels for winning then either:
a) you're going to get bored after about 15 games when you're already a pr 50 ;)
b) you're going to pay out everytime you get to your PR, which is 17 on your cheesehat account, so that's about 6 games.
and also who do you expect to face you with your other accounts? Why would a 1st luit or whatever play a hugely lower PR player, they could be smurfing, and even if the 1st luit wins there is nothing to be gained.

The PR system works, more than one account is really pointless.
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

[quote=""Cammel""]If you expect 3 pr levels for winning then either:
a) you're going to get bored after about 15 games when you're already a pr 50 ;)
b) you're going to pay out everytime you get to your PR, which is 17 on your cheesehat account, so that's about 6 games.
and also who do you expect to face you with your other accounts? Why would a 1st luit or whatever play a hugely lower PR player, they could be smurfing, and even if the 1st luit wins there is nothing to be gained.

The PR system works, more than one account is really pointless.[/quote]

+1

Smurfing, Point Trading And Noob-Bashing Is Pretty Pointless Imo. Doesnt Make You Any Better Just an Inflated PR. 0.3 Pr / game is a decent amount anyway.
cheesehat

Post by cheesehat »

U guys all hate me :(

Why can't a guy smurf in peace