New Update on Patch!

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: New Update on Patch!

Post by deadhanddan »

even with this patch in effect, british musketeer will still be #3 behind indian sepoy and the ever-laming ashigaru, i bet anyone the reason thier musket wasn't truly fixed was cause the patchers only know how to lame the one unit civ which is japan , india wood trickle nerf will easily be countered by an age 1 exotic wood or sawmills card, would it not be such a bad idea to limit japan to 4 vills and 1 less food crate at start up??and make portgugal consulate only available in 2nd age wouldn't be such a bad idea
- Dan
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""deadhanddan""]even with this patch in effect, british musketeer will still be #3 behind indian sepoy and the ever-laming ashigaru, i bet anyone the reason thier musket wasn't truly fixed was cause the patchers only know how to lame the one unit civ which is japan , india wood trickle nerf will easily be countered by an age 1 exotic wood or sawmills card, would it not be such a bad idea to limit japan to 4 vills and 1 less food crate at start up??and make portgugal consulate only available in 2nd age wouldn't be such a bad idea[/quote]

Best is all relative. Spamability is a huge factor when it comes to 'best.' With the nerfs the spam will be much reduce (thank god). Brit red coats anyone?
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""36drew""][quote=""deadhanddan""]even with this patch in effect, british musketeer will still be #3 behind indian sepoy and the ever-laming ashigaru, i bet anyone the reason thier musket wasn't truly fixed was cause the patchers only know how to lame the one unit civ which is japan , india wood trickle nerf will easily be countered by an age 1 exotic wood or sawmills card, would it not be such a bad idea to limit japan to 4 vills and 1 less food crate at start up??and make portgugal consulate only available in 2nd age wouldn't be such a bad idea[/quote]

Best is all relative. Spamability is a huge factor when it comes to 'best.' With the nerfs the spam will be much reduce (thank god). Brit red coats anyone?[/quote]

Wait, are they nerfing British muskets? I can say from experience that ashis beat British muskets in a straight-up battle, and I count myself as a pretty strong musket spammer. Brit's advantage is not in the unit itself, but in its ability to mass huge numbers relatively quickly. No other civ rules mid-Age 2 like the Brits :D Dual rax LB/pike or musket supported by 700/600 wood manor boom FTPW :-P
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
murdilator
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by murdilator »

[quote=""deadhanddan""]even with this patch in effect, british musketeer will still be #3 behind indian sepoy and the ever-laming ashigaru, i bet anyone the reason thier musket wasn't truly fixed was cause the patchers only know how to lame the one unit civ which is japan , india wood trickle nerf will easily be countered by an age 1 exotic wood or sawmills card, would it not be such a bad idea to limit japan to 4 vills and 1 less food crate at start up??and make portgugal consulate only available in 2nd age wouldn't be such a bad idea[/quote]

British fully upgraded Redcoats beat fully upgraded Ashigaru hands down. Not counting that the British muskets are the most cost effective musket in the game (sort of tide with Portugal though). Longbows > Yumis, British Hussar >=Naginata. Plus, against Flaming Arrows, all you need is a few culverins to nock them out, and you are fine. Also, Grens > Japanese Unit, because they have the Heavy Infantry tag, making Naginata not get a bonus vs. them.

Comparison with British Hussar:
(110% + 15% + 15% + 10% = +150% HP, +140% Dmg)

British Life Guard Hussar:

Cost: 120 Food, 80 coin
800 HP
20% RR
72 Dmg
48 Siege Dmg 1.25x = 60
6.75 Speed

Comparison with Naginata
(100% + 10% + 30% = +140% HP ; 100% + 5% = +105% Dmg)

Exalted Naginata Rider:

Cost: 100 Food, 100 coin
720 HP
30% RR
57.4 Dmg 2.5x vs Infantry = 143.5, 0.4x vs. HI = 57.4
45.1 Siege Dmg 1.25x vs buildings = 56.375
6.75 Speed

British Hussars are cheaper, and deal much more damage to other units, plus have more HP, while Naginata totally demolish skirmisher units.
"Feel the Might of the Sioux!" - Gall, when fighting and defeating your army at his own base.

---------------

Scenario Design Competition Participant 2009:

3v3 WildernessRoad: https://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/ ... ileid=2521
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

^^ except that with speed and upgrades, the Ashi can be out-spammed and can hit-n-run....

What gives ole England the advantage here is the better eco and them dang Rockets w/the splash damage. Plus, those things called petards to wipe out the shrines.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
MNBob
Honorary Officer

Post by MNBob »

Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Their tcs need nerf, ports are totally unfun to play against if their played correctly and perhaps a villager price reduction would be nice? Just to make the 2 tc 2 vill production a bit more soft to pay. Then ports could make an army to compensate the tc nerf? Just an idea.