3v3s - Raiding or Staying Together... What's Better?

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: 3v3s - Raiding or Staying Together... What's Better?

Post by deadhanddan »

for 3v3 games it's always nice to have an ally with battlefield construction card, such as souix, india,ottoman-my point being that with a single infantry unit walking the very edge of the map will most likely go unnoticed and if successful can just mass a hidden base and crank out units galore, this has happened to me a few times where me and my team begin to push and knock out the other team's fb only to find a stream of soldiers pouring out of the tiniest corner of the map with our towns caught in between them and our armies :mad:
- Dan
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

You don't need battlefield construction for that as you can just use a villager to sneak a FB behind someones base. Also using galleons to build units by the coast at the side of someones base works a treat too.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Battlefield construction is good to swarm one's base with teepees, although I haven't really seen that in action more than once.
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

does iro get that card?
stealthed forest prowlers building warhuts on your hunts.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

they can build when in stealth? o_O
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]they can build when in stealth? o_O[/quote]

i think iv seen it done, unless he stealthed walked there unstealthed bulilt and re-stealthed, either way it may have its uses, being able to get control of hunts, mines without wasting villy seconds
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

[quote=""Blackadderthe4th""]You don't need battlefield construction for that as you can just use a villager to sneak a FB behind someones base. Also using galleons to build units by the coast at the side of someones base works a treat too.[/quote]

I had a galleon do that to me. It dropped off vills behind my completely walled village and by the time I noticed it was too late. That's very effective. It was just outside my building LOS. Multiple rax meant death. :cry:
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

[quote=""NEO_CrAz3n""][quote=""Blackadderthe4th""]You don't need battlefield construction for that as you can just use a villager to sneak a FB behind someones base. Also using galleons to build units by the coast at the side of someones base works a treat too.[/quote]

I had a galleon do that to me. It dropped off vills behind my completely walled village and by the time I noticed it was too late. That's very effective. It was just outside my building LOS. Multiple rax meant death. :cry:[/quote]

especially if they are russian instant musk/halbs isnt fun :(