Goals Thread

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

BashUgood
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Goals Thread

Post by BashUgood »

Being that my goal is to learn to be efficient with each civ, thus helping me to better learn each civs strenghts/weaknesses and also countering.

I think what I'll do is play each civ for 20 games then go through each civ again with another 20 games. With 40 games played total with each civ this should help..

HHhhmmm .. :roll: and when the Patch comes out .. Back to the drawing board :oops:
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Ugh I'm annoyed right now! I just beat a Chinese Captain (beat him so badly after the game he said "you aren't a 1st lieutenant, are you?") and atm my PR is exactly 24.97!!!!

I'm so close to Captain but not! And I just KNOW that after this I'll probably lose like 2 games and suddenly be back at 24.something. ><
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
heaven_star
Conscript
Conscript

Post by heaven_star »

I want to be captain or higher ( why not ?!) by playing only 3v3 and 2v2!
By the way i'm looking for a real mate in 2v2!
I've already sam for 3v3 and a friend but they arent connect a lot...SO?
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

It'll take you awhile to get your PR up significantly with team games, especially 3v3s...the more people in a game the fewer PR points you get for a win.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""heaven_star""]I want to be captain or higher ( why not ?!) by playing only 3v3 and 2v2!
By the way i'm looking for a real mate in 2v2!
I've already sam for 3v3 and a friend but they arent connect a lot...SO?[/quote]

I'd be glad to be your 2v2 partner. I probably need to get my PR up a little for you to take me...
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
heaven_star
Conscript
Conscript

Post by heaven_star »

We can start doing few unrated
then if we both like how the other play let's be mate ( and more if you like me...Hot Hot Hot )^^

I up like one pr every 5 games won. Watch Kixx account.
Only 3v3 and pr 35
BashUgood
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by BashUgood »

[quote=""KingKaramazov""]I'm so close to Captain but not! And I just KNOW that after this I'll probably lose like 2 games and suddenly be back at 24.something. ><[/quote]

I wouldn't worry too much KK your a very good player ... Just watch out for your opponets win %
I found that this seems to be a greater factor in being able to predict your opponets playing ability, though I believe there is no sure way to predict an outcome because there are too many variables.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

KK, I'm sure you can reach major level if you stop worrying about PR/elo/UP/OP/broken/lame/.... Try to enjoy the game a bit more and you will succeed.
my 2 cent :)
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Palehorse
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Palehorse »

Debt free by 2018
Single by 2019
Retired by 2020
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]KK, I'm sure you can reach major level if you stop worrying about PR/elo/UP/OP/broken/lame/.... Try to enjoy the game a bit more and you will succeed.
my 2 cent :)[/quote]

Yea I'm sure you're right and I've known this for a while, but it's easier said than done.

The problem is I know that the key to getting a better rating is to stop caring enough about my rating to just go and play rated without worrying about ruining my current rating. But if I stop caring about my rating then I don't care enough to play rated. But If I care enough to really want to play rated, there's more risk involved in playing rated.

:P

Get the dilemma? Hahah.

I'm really not that crazy but it is kind of an interesting paradox.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

take the blue pill dude ;)
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
heaven_star
Conscript
Conscript

Post by heaven_star »

MAtrix ? don't laugh...i'm french...they don't say it in english...
So...Guess who is captain by playing 2v2 and 3v3 ?
And guesse who pwned hydrovert5 in 7.26 1v1 unrated ?
ANd guess who's a show off ?

ok i leave....
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

[quote=""Palehorse""]Debt free by 2018
Single by 2019
Retired by 2020[/quote]

Is that ELO or dates? ;)
Palehorse
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Palehorse »

Dates
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

The problem is I know that the key to getting a better rating is to stop caring enough about my rating to just go and play rated without worrying about ruining my current rating. But if I stop caring about my rating then I don't care enough to play rated. But If I care enough to really want to play rated, there's more risk involved in playing rated.
Take your best civ (the one you know best, not the one you lame best) and go qs. Learn from your losses, view some recs once in a while for hard matchups, pr goes up.