I won 2v1

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Heyco
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

I won 2v1

Post by Heyco »

http://www.agecommunity.com/stats/GameS ... _Supremacy was a kinda 2v1.... My mate suckt like hell...

I think this was the best raiding I ever did. I was the one who raided. Not my mate.... :roll:
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: I won 2v1

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

It's the way to go :) But why exactly did you 2v2 with someone you didnt know? :p
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

^ LOL. Sporting, I never 2v2 with people I know (except you and it's FTW). But, you did quite a bit of damage for only having 20 Oprichniks.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""36drew""]^ LOL. Sporting, I never 2v2 with people I know (except you and it's FTW). But, you did quite a bit of damage for only having 20 Oprichniks.[/quote]

True that! It's enough to risk a 3v3 random, but 2v2 with people you don't know is downright scary! I continue to argue that 2v2s are harder than 3v3s, even 1v1s in some situations. Wonder if that will get some discussion going :-P

Btw, nice job, Heyco.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""][quote=""36drew""]^ LOL. Sporting, I never 2v2 with people I know (except you and it's FTW). But, you did quite a bit of damage for only having 20 Oprichniks.[/quote]

True that! It's enough to risk a 3v3 random, but 2v2 with people you don't know is downright scary! I continue to argue that 2v2s are harder than 3v3s, even 1v1s in some situations. Wonder if that will get some discussion going :-P

Btw, nice job, Heyco.[/quote]

2v2 is harder or easier at the same time. Sometimes you can coast of a good player making it easier, sometimes you get a toddler at the keyboard who makes your job a living hell and you loose even though your personal kill to loss ratio is like 7:1. When I play team games, sometimes I feel we deserved to loose, but I often find myself thinking that if so and so didn't make a dumb decision like aging @ 5:00 we wouldn't be in this mess of having our FB destroyed in the first place.

In 1v1 you and you only are accountable for your win or loss. I'm not sure whether or not that makes it easier or this should be some other element on it's own -- but it's something to think about.
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

I just suck at 1v1. I play like a captain in team games, and like a msgt 1v1.

I agree with Kaiser on 2v2 v. 3v3. It's probably because there are more "coin tosses" so you're more likely to get an average result. There are 3 coin flips in 2v2, versus 5 coin flips in 3v3. However, I've been in some 3v3s that really go south. If you get two teammates that really suck, you're in deep trouble.
lordandcount
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by lordandcount »

In 2v2 is a lot depending on your teammate and strat (see my iro india rush for instance I can beat much higher players). In 3v3 or 1v1 a strong player can really change the battle (for instance 2 players holding the enemy while 1 boomes, that 1 destroy evrybody if they know to survive)
NEO_CrAz3n wrote: L&C is sorta the N3O police.
I'm the most annoying officer
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

Good job heyco.
Also I agree that it depends on your teammates in 2v2s or 3v3s for how hard it is. In rush games if it is a 3v3 and none of you played together before and the other team has I would think that would be a hard win since the other team could do pretty nice combos on you

Heyco
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Heyco »

lol

But I do know that mate! I often played with him together. But this time he sucked like hell... The game was actually lost after a few min. But raiding CAN win games! xD But they all played quite badly... Dunno why... :roll:
lordandcount
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by lordandcount »

I know raiding can win games, believe me, I know :P
NEO_CrAz3n wrote: L&C is sorta the N3O police.
I'm the most annoying officer
Highlander999
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Highlander999 »

[quote=""IndyBrit""]I just suck at 1v1. I play like a captain in team games, and like a msgt 1v1.[/quote]

I'm the complete opposite of that