Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Patch update

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

check the link

Protoy changes
BerryBush -- set Gathererlimit to 8 per bush. This should help with the issue where berry gatherers aren't actually gathering when bushes run out but don't show up as idle.
AbusGun -- gets the same modifiers against units in all modes of the same type (i.e. no villager modifiers in melee mode).
SettlerNative -- added the ability to build ypCaravanserai for Indian allies who get the Aztec Team 3 Villager shipment.
FishingBoat/ypFishingBoatAsian -- removed ability for units to garrison in fishing boats.
TownCenter, Outpost, Blockhouse, FortFrontier, ypCastle, ypCastleJapanese, ypCastleIndians, ypVillage, YPOutpostAsian, WarHut, NoblesHut, Agra Fort 2, 3, 4, 5 -- can no longer garrison fishing boats.
Blockhouse -- the Chinese Blockhouse from the Consulate can now train banner armies.
NatBolasWarrior -- set modifiers against LightCavalry and xpEagleKnight to 2.0.
NatTomahawk -- added ×1.5 multiplier against LightInfantry.
Galleon -- added ypNatMercGurkha to trainable units (replacing ypUrumi).
NatEagleWarrior -- added standardized modifiers against Cavalry, CoyoteMen, Light Cavalry, and Eagle Knights. Removed Light Infantry flag.
Oprichnik -- added modifier against SiegeTroopers and Artillery to Defend and Trample modes.
Turkey -- removed 'DoNotCreateUnitGroupAutomatically' flag to fix bug with Shrines.
xpGatlingGun -- fixed icon and portraiticon.
xpLightCannon -- added penalty against xpArrowKnight.
xpWarRifle -- set Bounty and BuildBounty to 10 to reflect new cost in 1.01.
ypNatTigerClaw/ypNatMercTigerClaw -- reduced cover mode buildingattack to 10 and handattack to 8.
ypChangdao -- reduced cover mode handattack to 8.
ypQiangPikeman -- increased bonus against LightInfantry to ×3.5.
ypConsulateBestieros -- now conforms to same statistics as regular Crossbowmen (ranged attacks reduced to 16, modifiers changed).
ypConsulateCzapkaUhlan -- now conforms to same statistics as regular Uhlans (speed increased to 6.75, armor increased to 30%, and penalty against villagers removed).
ypConsulateGardener -- now conforms to same statistics as regular Hussars (armor increased to 20%).
ypConsulateGreatBombard -- added penalty against LightInfantry.
ypConsulateRogersRanger -- now have the same modifiers against Cavalry, Coyote Runners, Eagle Knights, and Light Cavalry as regular Skirmishers do.
ypConsulatePrussianNeedleGun -- now have the same modifiers against Cavalry, Coyote Runners, Eagle Knights, and Light Cavalry as regular Skirmishers do.
ypConsulateSiberianCossack -- now conforms to same statistics as regular Cossacks (armor increased to 30%).
ypHowdah/ypHowdahMansabdar -- fixed issues with modifiers varying somewhat and Howdahs not getting a bonus against Coyote Men in melee mode. Both units now get the same modifiers.
ypSiegeElephant/ypSiegeElephantMansabdar -- now have a penalty against Light Infantry as they do against Cavalry.
ypMercFlailiphant -- set Bounty and BuildBounty to 25 to reflect new cost in 1.01.
ypNatWarElepehant/ypNatMercWarElephant -- added AbstractElephant flag.
ypFlyingCrow -- added penalty against LightInfantry.
ypFlamingArrow -- added penalty against xpArrowKnight.
ypRepentantElmeti -- now not available until the Industrial Age.
ypRepentantMameluke -- now not available until the Industrial Age.
ypRepentantGreatCannon -- now not available until the Industrial Age.
ypRepentantJaeger -- now have the same modifiers against Cavalry, Coyote Runners, Eagle Knights, and Light Cavalry as regular Jaegers do.
yp RepentantIronTroop -- now have the same modifiers against Cavalry, Coyote Runners, Eagle Knights, and Light Cavalry as regular Iron Troops do.
ypRepentantThuggee -- now have the same modifiers against Cavalry, Coyote Runners, Eagle Knights, and Light Cavalry as regular Thuggees do.
ypRepentantOutlawRifleman -- now have the same modifiers against Cavalry, Coyote Runners, Eagle Knights, and Light Cavalry as regular Renegados do.
Techtreey changes
HCHeavyFortifications -- fixed order in which some upgrades are gained, so names will display correctly. Added Revetment tech.
InfantryBreastplate -- added NatMercBlowgunWarrior, NatBlowgunAmbusher, ypWokouBlindMonk, ypRepentantBlindMonk, ypMercIronTroop, and ypRepentantIronTroop.
HCFatterSheepTeam -- fixed livestock fattening. Added missing bonus for Sacred Fields.
HCShipGalleys3 -- fixed icon.
HCXPCoinCratesAztec2 -- fixed icon.
HCXPBloodBrothers and HCXPBloodBrothersGerman -- fixed order in which some upgrades are gained, so names will display correctly.
NatXPKlamathWorkEthos -- added gathering upgrades for Rice Paddy and Mango Groves.
NatXPNavajoShepherds -- fixed livestock fattening, Japanese shrine gathering, and bonus to gather XP at Sacred Fields.
NatTradeLanguage -- now affects Asian Wonders.
YPWonderJapaneseShogunate4 -- now only provides 600 XP (down from 1600).
YPExaltedMeteorHammer -- now provides the proper damage boost of 50% (up from 30%).
YPHCHanAntiCavalryBonus -- added proper bonus against xpEagleKnight.
YPHCAshigaruAntiCavalryDamage -- added bonus against LightInfantry.
NatXPCheyenneFury -- added bonus against LightInfantry.
YPHCStoneCastles -- added +6 range for CannonAttack.
String bugs to fix
45125 should probably just say 1 Nobles Hut Travois.
47028 'rodeleros' not 'redoleros'.
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Patch update

Post by Soccerman771 »

FishingBoat/ypFishingBoatAsian -- removed ability for units to garrison in fishing boats.

Garrison should be set to 1 imo. 1 explorer or vil should be allowed in a fishing boat. Makes sense in the real world to..
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

Gameplay > Realism.
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

Oooh so the aztec's arrow knights will now be able to stand up against some artillery even better and the eagle runner it looks like he gets a bit stronger but so do some other guys

36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

I don't understand lots of that. Can someone explain it better? For example, what does yp mean?
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

XP=X-PAck = Warchiefs
YP=Y-Pack= TAD
LoN_Colossus
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by LoN_Colossus »

Basically what Comadevil said.

yp and xp are TAD and TWC units respectively.

That's also why it's called Protoy

The last two are cards/shipments I believe.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

I liked to garrison in fishing boats :(
MNBob
Honorary Officer

Post by MNBob »

These are just bug fixes that should have always existed in the xml but were missing because of poor ES over sight. They are not nerfs or boosts.

Anytime you see HC (stands for Home City) in the name of something (for example YPHCStoneCastles) it refers to a home city shipment (card).
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Nah they aren't, blockhouse not having banner armies is by design and they're changing it, dunno if that's what you mean.
MNBob
Honorary Officer

Post by MNBob »

All I can say is that the patch team has all of these listed as bug fixes.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

those are all bug fixes indeed, but they do boost or nerf stuff sometimes
I don't see any of them braking the balance tho, so good fixes!

there is one banner army that takes up 7 pop instead of 6, will that be fixed too?
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
LoN_Colossus
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by LoN_Colossus »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]there is one banner army that takes up 7 pop instead of 6, will that be fixed too?[/quote]Tell that one to Viper.
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

[quote=""LoN_Colossus""][quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]there is one banner army that takes up 7 pop instead of 6, will that be fixed too?[/quote]Tell that one to Viper.[/quote]

Isn't there one that gives you 6 or 7 guys that take up 5 or 6 pop? Or do they all take up 1 less pop than howmany guys there are?