Killer 3v3 Combos

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

lordandcount
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Killer 3v3 Combos

Post by lordandcount »

[quote=""Tubruk""][quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""][quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]Add Ashis instead of french?[/quote]

This is what you would expect from a Japan/Otto 2v2 team (abus/ashi). Of course, I made that assumption in a 2v2 and wound up facing Jans and nagis of all things :(

In truth, I have lamed a little with Brit muskets and abus (3 games total). The only way to beat it is to catch the Otto before the muskets come out to protect the abus. That is really the only time you can blow it in a 2v2 involving abus. And there is a usually a small window of opportunity because Otto ages quicker than everyone and will have his abus out before 5 sometimes... it is hard for a Brit to have muskets on the ground that early.[/quote]

Hmm what about a aztec puma sling to do a REAL fast rush and just target the lamest civ they have :evil:

Might just do the trick[/quote]

Little flail rush might do the trick too, was so funny when me and Aljosja played a india otto combo, we had the otto down to 2 settler (his fb settlers) and his explorer dead in his camp. No need to tell how the game ended :)
NEO_CrAz3n wrote: L&C is sorta the N3O police.
I'm the most annoying officer
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

OK. How's this for utter lamage? Bow Rider/Abus/Yumi archers.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]OK. How's this for utter lamage? Bow Rider/Abus/Yumi archers.[/quote]

Take out yumi's and replace them with lb's and it's just a normal combo. Whoever manages their combo best will win. 2 uhlans can murder an otto's fragile 15 villager eco and crush it to ten early game and there is no sustainability.

A combo is a combo and ofc you choose a counter to that combo, but it's often about who plays it best. If you get the team where a guy accidently is 30 seconds late with his first batch of hussars its GG because of play, not because of an OP combo. There really are very few truely OP units, just some imbalances that add up with game play.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""36drew""][quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]OK. How's this for utter lamage? Bow Rider/Abus/Yumi archers.[/quote]

Take out yumi's and replace them with lb's and it's just a normal combo. Whoever manages their combo best will win. 2 uhlans can murder an otto's fragile 15 villager eco and crush it to ten early game and there is no sustainability.

A combo is a combo and ofc you choose a counter to that combo, but it's often about who plays it best. If you get the team where a guy accidently is 30 seconds late with his first batch of hussars its GG because of play, not because of an OP combo. There really are very few truely OP units, just some imbalances that add up with game play.[/quote]

I couldn't agree more. This is especially true with abus combos. If there is no cover in those critical few seconds before the anticav shows up, the game can easily be lost.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)