Sleazy Behavior in Rated Games

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Sleazy Behavior in Rated Games

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Well, yesterday I decided to play a rated 2v2 when I noticed that my usual buddies were offline. When I need my AOE 3 fix, sometimes I do not exercise my better judgment, and that is what happened to me yesterday.

I got an invite from a pre-N3O acquaintance who recently was promoted to Captain. I have played about 12 games with him over the past year, usually with good success (8 or so wins), but I knew he had a habit of saying the most immature things when games didn't go as planned. This used to really bother me. Anyway, I play Brits, he plays Japan. We play vs. Japan and Otto on Great Lakes. We both think Otto will go abus and Japan will go ashi, so I build cav. He is supposed to build yumi. The Otto ages at about 3:50 and rushes Japan with 10 jannies. He isn't ready and all I have are hussars. Then Japan comes in with nagis! He starts screaming at me for building "only cav," even though that's what he wanted me to build. He says "You've never played so bad," "that was your worst game ever" and "you're a noob." Then he blames me for making him lose his Capt ranking. He didn't mention the fact that he didn't build a single yumi, and I don't bring it up. Afterward, I told him that we all make mistakes sometimes. He just keeps saying how bad I play (my elo is actually higher than his 8O ). Worse, he would always say "I don't care about rank," then go on to say things like "your play level is terrible." After that, I told him I would pest him, and I did.

I had a nice conversation with Macabee yesterday about the pest list. It seems like a perfect instrument to handle stupid behavior like this. Has anyone else dealt with ridiculous immaturity or bad sportsmanship in rateds? I would like to hear about it just to confirm my decision NEVER to play rated without at least one N3O member on my team. You guys revived my faith in AOE3, and yesterday I saw why I like this clan so much! We actually have integrity and dignity, and that is so important, no matter how a game turns out. It's all about character....keep it alive, guys!
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Sleazy Behavior in Rated Games

Post by huGGy »

Lol. I know why i only play teamgames with people i know relatively good.

PS: Elo is overrated. My Elo sucks hard :P
Last edited by huGGy on Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

I'm glad you feel that way Ben. We've had many guys that say they would have quit AOE3 long ago if it wasn't for N3O.

We have the best officers in the community and everyone understands our simple rules. Our offficers are what make us so great. They are all on the same page and all exhibit the qualities I personally respect in a person. I'm much more proud of my officers and our Leader (Jim) than anything.

You handled that like an adult and he acted like a punk. We don't allow punks (except Dan) here for that exact reason. ;)
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

I had a similar situation happen though it was a 40 min treaty game. I was playing with a guy who I had made friends with though we only won 1 game together. All the previous games I played with him were 3v3 and so for this game he said he wanted to show me that he was actually better than what I saw before. So we play a 2v2 against a team that I think we can win. We have a slight advantage in the pr average. I was spain he was Russia or france i forget the other team. All I remember is he starts blaming me for him losing his rank as a sergeant even though I was holding off most of the armies which cost me so much that I was low on resource most of the match since they had a nice combo against me. Anyway he was still a sergeant and I was the only one to dropp from a master sergeant to a sergeant

GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

Ohh and I forgot he said that I did not send him enough troops to help him even though he was fighting a fraction of one guys army and I had atleast 20 guys over helping him at all times.

djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

Yeah I'm the onlypunk around here, Roger would be the other one but hes too old to be one! ;)
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
Sun_Tzu1
Major
Major

Post by Sun_Tzu1 »

I'm much more proud of my officers and our Leader (Jim) than anything.
*deleted*

Don't forget the members too!
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""Sun_Tzu1""]
I'm much more proud of my officers and our Leader (Jim) than anything.
*deleted*

Don't forget the members too![/quote]

We wouldn't be a great clan if we didn't have great members. No one in this clan is forgotten.

I was gonna put a "that's what she" said joke in here, but it was too obvious...
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
yeedman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by yeedman »

Thats ok generalmicheal. When I play with chaos as my partner he usually fends off the enemy for a good 20 minutes before i even get there and he never ever gets mad at me. lol. By the way when I do get there iI have 5 minutemen too help him.